HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How's Jan Hejda been for you?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2008, 08:43 PM
  #1
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
How's Jan Hejda been for you?

Hey this is an Oiler fan, I was just wondering what you guys were thinking of Jan Hejda. How has he been for you guys? What roles is he playing on your blue-line? How is he compared to your other defensemen? Are you planning on keeping him for next season?

Thanks.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 08:47 PM
  #2
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller
 
DJAnimosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Beyond the Infinite
Country: Wales
Posts: 13,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
He's been our steadiest d-man this season. He'll likely be signed to a 3 or 4 year deal in the offseason.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 08:47 PM
  #3
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey
 
Timeless Winter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 16,042
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
He plays in every situation. He's the #1 defenseman on the team, and the best one by far. Howson's best signing easily. Hopefully he's re-signed long term.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 08:48 PM
  #4
Casework
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 5,739
vCash: 500
Our best defenseman. Doesn't put up points, but really every other area of his game is pretty strong.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 09:07 PM
  #5
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 4,965
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casework View Post
Our best defenseman. Doesn't put up points, but really every other area of his game is pretty strong.
yep, my sentiments

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 09:08 PM
  #6
Kfarschman
Registered User
 
Kfarschman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Deutschdorf, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Thanks for Dick Tarnstrom too.

Kfarschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 09:19 PM
  #7
ChokeOnOil
i hate my team
 
ChokeOnOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfarschman View Post
Thanks for Dick Tarnstrom too.
NP, thanks for GlenX, he's been great on the 4th line, [3 goals from them in 2 games!] we've really needed something like him for a while now.

I hope you guys get Jan signed long term!

ChokeOnOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 09:23 PM
  #8
Kfarschman
Registered User
 
Kfarschman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Deutschdorf, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChokeOnOil View Post
NP, thanks for GlenX, he's been great on the 4th line, [3 goals from them in 2 games!] we've really needed something like him for a while now.

I hope you guys get Jan signed long term!
Well it seems like that is turning into a nice little trade for everybody.


Last edited by Kfarschman: 02-16-2008 at 07:55 PM. Reason: removed pointless "a" that I put.
Kfarschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 09:33 PM
  #9
ChokeOnOil
i hate my team
 
ChokeOnOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfarschman View Post
Well it seems like a that is turning into a nice little trade for everybody.
TBH, it was such a minor trade, that it eally couldn't have failed badly for anyone. I mean, from GlenX e were expecting a good 4th liner, we got more then that. So far he's been great.

I'm sure most of you were expecting a good 5th or 6th Dman, with pp skills, you've got that and more from what i've read, so yeah, I really don't/didn't see how this trade could fail.

Good luck in the future with everything! Hopefully you make the playoffs, and Howson makes some good moves to make you a btter team!

ChokeOnOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 09:58 PM
  #10
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 4,965
vCash: 900
A beautiful friendship between the Jakcets and the Oilers. Lulz

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 10:29 PM
  #11
Stretch Factor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChokeOnOil View Post
TBH, it was such a minor trade, that it eally couldn't have failed badly for anyone. I mean, from GlenX e were expecting a good 4th liner, we got more then that. So far he's been great.

I'm sure most of you were expecting a good 5th or 6th Dman, with pp skills, you've got that and more from what i've read, so yeah, I really don't/didn't see how this trade could fail.

Good luck in the future with everything! Hopefully you make the playoffs, and Howson makes some good moves to make you a btter team!

Hopefully our our guy and your guy have one more deal to make. That Pitkanen fella would look awful nice in our sweater.

Stretch Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2008, 11:33 PM
  #12
Lainey
Registered User
 
Lainey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
I think if I was an Oilers fan, I'd be wary of Howson when he come's a-knockin'. He's made a couple of trades thus far with you guys, and he seems to be plucking useful pieces right out from under you... unfortunately I think it might have more to do with it doesn't take a great player to be better than many of the guys on our roster.

Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 12:42 AM
  #13
Real_Estate-Agent
Registered User
 
Real_Estate-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch Factor View Post
Hopefully our our guy and your guy have one more deal to make. That Pitkanen fella would look awful nice in our sweater.
Do you have a 2nd line scorer who can put people "through the boards" if they hit Hemsky or Gagner............

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 12:49 AM
  #14
Real_Estate-Agent
Registered User
 
Real_Estate-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
I think if I was an Oilers fan, I'd be wary of Howson when he come's a-knockin'. He's made a couple of trades thus far with you guys, and he seems to be plucking useful pieces right out from under you...
Hejda was a freebie in appreciation of Howson's years with our organization - Tarnstrom / Glencross was a "win - win" deal for both of us...

We have photos of Howson with goats / Edmonton Eskimo cheerleaders / midgets & inflatable dolls - been saving them for negotiating the next trade..........

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 01:58 AM
  #15
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
Give me Hejda and let me keep Radoslav Suchy and I'll show you a team in the playoffs....

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 02:05 AM
  #16
Someone
Registered User
 
Someone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch Factor View Post
Hopefully our our guy and your guy have one more deal to make. That Pitkanen fella would look awful nice in our sweater.
Well, with the way our defensemen turn out after going to Colombus, we'll take Nash for Pitkanen.

Someone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 11:17 AM
  #17
cydawg
#DefendNWA
 
cydawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gahanna, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone View Post
Well, with the way our defensemen turn out after going to Colombus, we'll take Nash for Pitkanen.
With the way our grinders turn out after going to Edmonton, we'll give you Malhotra for Pitkanen.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 12:27 PM
  #18
Hugg
Registered User
 
Hugg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 1,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
Do you have a 2nd line scorer who can put people "through the boards" if they hit Hemsky or Gagner............
We don't have a 2nd line scorer period, let alone the other part.

(Nash and Z don't play together, so technically one of them is the 2nd line scorer, but when you only have 2 on your whole team...)

Hugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 02:04 PM
  #19
Feicht
Registered User
 
Feicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Twin Cities
Country: Austria
Posts: 7,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugg View Post
We don't have a 2nd line scorer period, let alone the other part.

(Nash and Z don't play together, so technically one of them is the 2nd line scorer, but when you only have 2 on your whole team...)
So true...



....Oh, wait......

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 07:55 PM
  #20
Kfarschman
Registered User
 
Kfarschman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Deutschdorf, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugg View Post
We don't have a 2nd line scorer period, let alone the other part.

(Nash and Z don't play together, so technically one of them is the 2nd line scorer, but when you only have 2 on your whole team...)
Yeah, I wish Vyborny would have stayed with us. It shows how much we miss him but I can see why he would want to play in his home country--- wait what's that? He's still on the team? Oh.... are you sure?


Kfarschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 08:07 PM
  #21
Kfarschman
Registered User
 
Kfarschman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Deutschdorf, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by contingent_23 View Post
Give me Hejda and let me keep Radoslav Suchy and I'll show you a team in the playoffs....
This is probably has been talked about but why did Suchy leave the NHL? He should come back and play for us.

What's up with the Janus avatar? It's Roman not Greek though.

Kfarschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 08:11 PM
  #22
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller
 
DJAnimosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Beyond the Infinite
Country: Wales
Posts: 13,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfarschman View Post
This is probably has been talked about but why did Suchy leave the NHL? He should come back and play for us.
He was tired of being labeled as a "defensive defenseman" by all the scouts in the NHL, and felt that he was being unfairly categorized in the league. I'm serious, this is what he said.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 08:19 PM
  #23
trbr86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,823
vCash: 500
I heard him referred to as Jan 'Player' Hejda recently. I thought that was a hilarious nickname.

Frankly, I think any defensive play he makes should be referred to from now on as 'ruthless hejding'.

That is all.

trbr86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 08:20 PM
  #24
Kfarschman
Registered User
 
Kfarschman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Deutschdorf, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
He was tired of being labeled as a "defensive defenseman" by all the scouts in the NHL, and felt that he was being unfairly categorized in the league. I'm serious, this is what he said.
Did he want to be known for his offense?

We should approach him saying that we need a scorer on the blueline and then our tv and radio people should praise his "offense" in interviews and everything. He'll never know.

Kfarschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 08:24 PM
  #25
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller
 
DJAnimosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Beyond the Infinite
Country: Wales
Posts: 13,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfarschman View Post
Did he want to be known for his offense?
Yes, actually. He felt that he couldn't really be creative offensively, since most GMs were sold on his billing as a defensive guy. I swear, I'm not making this up. We should try your approach.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.