HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Fluery going back to QMJHL

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2004, 03:20 AM
Mack

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mack
is it any more obvious they are throwing the season?

Old
01-30-2004, 03:54 AM
Rowsdower

Send a message via AIM to Rowsdower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
They weren't going to win any significant amount more with Fleury than without him....I fail to see how a team already in
last place (by a fair margin) is 'throwing a season' by sending a teenage shell-shocked goalie back to juniors.....

Old
01-30-2004, 04:22 AM
Street Hawk

If you're Cape Breton....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower 3:16
They weren't going to win any significant amount more with Fleury than without him....I fail to see how a team already in
last place (by a fair margin) is 'throwing a season' by sending a teenage shell-shocked goalie back to juniors.....
You can't guarantee Fleury or the Pens anything. CB has to do what's best for their team, #1 ranked in the CHL. If Fleury isn't playing well, then he doesn't start the playoffs for the Eagles, simple as that.

First Dipietro, then Blackburn, and now Fleury. When are GM's going to learn that teenagers aren't ready to play goal in the NHL. Getting drafted that high usually means that your team can't score, yet these GM's are willing to stick a teenager between the pipes and expect them to hold the opposition to 2 goals a game? Come on, is that the best way to building your team into a Consistent Playoff team?

Dipietro is coming along now, after a couple of years of seasoning in the AHL. As for Blackburn, man, I'm worried about the kid. Just checked the Hartford Wolf Pack website and their 2 goalies there have played 34 and 19 games respectively, out of the 48 games played by Hartford. Where on earth has Blackburn been playing this year? Is his shoulder still bothering him? He's up with the Rangers due to Dunham's concussion, but man, what are the Rangers doing to the guy. Man, wished Columbus took him over Leclaire, then maybe he would have been brought along the right way.

At least Luongo played 2 more years in the Q after he was drafted in 1997 and spent most of his first pro year in the AHL. Kid turns 25 this year and is rounding into form.

Old
01-30-2004, 04:23 AM
Yayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Too young for what?
I believe he thinks that you're referring to the question, "why wasn't he sent down to Wilkes-Barre, their AHL affiliate?"

Old
01-30-2004, 05:04 AM
st_roland

Quote:

Mack, please tell me thats sarcasm!

Old
01-30-2004, 05:23 AM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet
If you don't think Mario has a tremendous influence over the entire Penguins organization, then you're living in a dream world.....And yes, apparenty it wasn't "obvious" to YOU, but perhaps you weren't paying attention....Although his stats show otherwise, Fleury started struggling after game 5....he just wasn't the same and continued to nosedive....maybe you just equate a win with a good performance, but not all of us do.
Dude, not meaning to be rude but you are WAY wrong. I have seen every game this year so don't tell me I wasn't "paying attention"
If he was playing so poorly after five games then explain how he got a shutout in his sixth?
You wanna go by stats when you are judging a Penguins goalie? Good luck. Every knowledgable Penguin fan will tell you the exact same thing that I would. Fluery (or Caron/Aubin for that matter) can let in 5 goals and the people who look at the "stats" will say they played terribly. When in fact, he could have had a tremendous game, which has happened several times this season alone. Fluery started struggling mid November. If you dont watch the games, then dont come on here saying it is OBVIOUS to everyone that he shouldn't have stayed past ten games. Because it WASN'T obvious to alot of us. I am happy they are sending him back, and they should have done it sooner, but he deserved to stay past the ten game mark.

As for Mario Lemieux, I never said anything of the sort. He is the owner, so of course he has influence. I just thought it was, and IS ridiculous for you to come on here saying that the ONLY reason he stayed past ten games is because of Mario Lemieux. That's wreckless speculation and you deserve to be called out for that.
Basically you are saying that everyone in the entire orginization was desperatley trying to send him back, and Lemieux pulled the owner card on them and said "NO!"
Where is your proof, cuz if you would do a little research, you would find many people in the orginization said that he belongs here for now AFTER the ten game stint was up.
What you said was flat out and plain wrong. Period.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:29 AM
stardog

Quote:
Yeah cuz thier record was so good with Fluery in the lineup.....
People, where are you guys coming up with this stuff???

I hope he was being sarcastic also

Old
01-30-2004, 05:30 AM
Jacob

Quote:
When are GM's going to learn that teenagers aren't ready to play goal in the NHL.
Uhh, isn't that why he's being sent back?

Old
01-30-2004, 06:36 AM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
I think he will rebound...

I remember DiPietro and Raycroft also were killed in the NHL when they were younger. It's good thing that he has experience playing in the NHL and knows what he has to work on.
Luongo got lit up pretty bad for a while too. And he seems to have developed fine. Fleury seems like he has the mentality that will allow him to rebound fine from this. But it's still good to see him get sent back down, he'll develop better that way.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:46 AM
Luigi Lemieux

If Cape Breton gets knocked out of the playoffs, can Fleury theoretically go to WBS and play for them in the playoffs? He would be eligible at that point for the AHL would he not?

Closed Thread