HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Why I Would Trade Huet Before the Deadline??

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2008, 02:17 PM
  #101
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus price View Post
cause he deserves to be a number one. and it wont happen in montreal. price >>>> huet like big time. better positioning, bigger frame, cheaper (for now), more consistent, younger, better lateral movements. price is equal or better than huet in evry aspect of goaltending exept for nhl exprience. bottom line !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus price View Post
oh and price kills huet at puck handling, sorry i forgot that one
Obviously your pretty biased in this regard, but I am going to make one point. You don't just go into the playoffs with a rookie goaltender when you have a decent chance of doing some serious damage. Huet will be kept and rightfully so. Price will get his chance in the future. It's Huet's time to shine and he will be the number one goaltender going into the playoffs.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:18 PM
  #102
jesus price
 
jesus price's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
price is our goalie for the next 15 years starting next year so trade huet now while we still can get something in return. if gainey doesn`t trade huet, he`s a fruit

jesus price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:18 PM
  #103
HabsHockey
Registered User
 
HabsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,363
vCash: 500
hes a troll look at his number of posts. just here to piss of some posters, prob jt wyman fan

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:19 PM
  #104
jesus price
 
jesus price's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Obviously your pretty biased in this regard, but I am going to make one point. You don't just go into the playoffs with a rookie goaltender when you have a decent chance of doing some serious damage. Huet will be kept and rightfully so. Price will get his chance in the future. It's Huet's time to shine and he will be the number one goaltender going into the playoffs.
um 86 habs rookie netminder patrick roy...ring a bell dude ??

jesus price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:19 PM
  #105
TheOldSage
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
If we keep Huet and we fold in playoff and Huet don't resign here a lot of people will be on Gainey's case because he should've traded him. please bob dont let this happen.

TheOldSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:19 PM
  #106
Cristobal Huet
Registered User
 
Cristobal Huet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,992
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Hey, jesus price, at least use some logic/fact in your arguments instead of blatant things that have been debated too many times here like "price >>>> huet like big time".

EDIT: you remind me of JTWymanFan

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:20 PM
  #107
Cristobal Huet
Registered User
 
Cristobal Huet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,992
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
hes a troll look at his number of posts. just here to piss of some posters, prob jt wyman fan
Oh ****, that ****er's back?

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:20 PM
  #108
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krozbee View Post
Huet said he'll sign with a team where he'll be the #1, and price is gonna be the #1 next year.
I think he may want to stay in Montreal for three main reasons:

1) He likes the city, he is french and enjoys playing for the Habs

2) He will realise that this is a team heading in the right direction and want to be a part of this.

3) He will still get good playing time and become a solid veteran and mentor on the team.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:20 PM
  #109
jesus price
 
jesus price's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
hes a troll look at his number of posts. just here to piss of some posters, prob jt wyman fan
yeah just cause i just discovered this board makes me a troll, thanx

jesus price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:21 PM
  #110
Sam I Am
Registered User
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbakes View Post
I don't think this team is ready to make a run at the Stanley Cup looking at how strong some teams look in the west this year so I think we might as well go with Price and give him some experience. The kid has shown to be very good so far in high pressure situations in his career so I say give him a shot if we can get something decent in return for Huet.
I think this pretty well sums it up. The only question is can Huet fetch something worthwhile. If not, keep him and let him walk after the season.

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:24 PM
  #111
TSV
Registered User
 
TSV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Tahiti
Posts: 546
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TSV
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post

I like Huet, but it's time to let him go for either a future pick or a solid shut down forward. The bottom 6 forwards IMO are by far the weakest area of our team.
I agree !!
listen, I like huet and he's a great goaltender... but we can't afford him 4M$ a season to play 40 games with price next year. So, if price is doing the job come deadline, and we have an offer for him to get a forward that can help us on the playoff run... I would really think about this...

on the other hand, it would be great to let him finish the season...

I'd say trade him if it help the team right now...

TSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:24 PM
  #112
TheOldSage
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I think he may want to stay in Montreal for three main reasons:

1) He likes the city, he is french and enjoys playing for the Habs

2) He will realise that this is a team heading in the right direction and want to be a part of this.

3) He will still get good playing time and become a solid veteran and mentor on the team.
Do you really want to have a 5 million/yr backup goalie or try to fetch a great player in the offseason?

TheOldSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:24 PM
  #113
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbakes View Post
I don't think this team is ready to make a run at the Stanley Cup looking at how strong some teams look in the west this year so I think we might as well go with Price and give him some experience. The kid has shown to be very good so far in high pressure situations in his career so I say give him a shot if we can get something decent in return for Huet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
I think this pretty well sums it up. The only question is can Huet fetch something worthwhile. If not, keep him and let him walk after the season.
Oh, ok. Let's just throw in the towel for no reason. Any team that makes the playoffs has a legitimate chance of winning the cup. That's why there is the playoffs in the first place. Oh yeah, and guess what...we don't play any Western teams unless we get to the finals, so your point makes absolutely no sense.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:27 PM
  #114
HabsHockey
Registered User
 
HabsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus price View Post
yeah just cause i just discovered this board makes me a troll, thanx
you dont bring any points to the table, all your bringing is the fact that you think price is better than huet, when did he proove this? the last 2 games? give him the job because of the last 2 games? is he gonna cry after when he loses one game?

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:28 PM
  #115
jesus price
 
jesus price's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Oh, ok. Let's just throw in the towel for no reason. Any team that makes the playoffs has a legitimate chance of winning the cup. That's why there is the playoffs in the first place. Oh yeah, and guess what...we don't play any Western teams unless we get to the finals, so your point makes absolutely no sense.
agreed

jesus price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:28 PM
  #116
HabsHockey
Registered User
 
HabsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,363
vCash: 500
anywhos these golie threads have been goin on all year long and they are just pointless, we all know that. they should just be closed once started.

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:30 PM
  #117
jesus price
 
jesus price's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
you dont bring any points to the table, all your bringing is the fact that you think price is better than huet, when did he proove this? the last 2 games? give him the job because of the last 2 games? is he gonna cry after when he loses one game?
what because he cried makes him less of a man. what u dont cry. the pressure in montreal is enormous as a player. carey will be fine, huet is out next year, deal with it

jesus price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:31 PM
  #118
HabsHockey
Registered User
 
HabsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus price View Post
what because he cried makes him less of a man. what u dont cry. the pressure in montreal is enormous as a player. carey will be fine, huet is out next year, deal with it
thats my point it's not next year

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:32 PM
  #119
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krozbee View Post
Do you really want to have a 5 million/yr backup goalie or try to fetch a great player in the offseason?
I don't really think Huet could garner 5 million on the open market barring a major run this year. And I didn't indicate he was going to be a back-up. I don't think Price is ready for full time duties next year. Regardless, I am not saying that Huet needs to be signed, there are other viable options. However, I think it is possible that he may re-sign here next year.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:37 PM
  #120
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I don't really think Huet could garner 5 million on the open market barring a major run this year. And I didn't indicate he was going to be a back-up. I don't think Price is ready for full time duties next year. Regardless, I am not saying that Huet needs to be signed, there are other viable options. However, I think it is possible that he may re-sign here next year.
What are the other viable options?

No matter how much confidence you have in Price, you need a more experienced guy than Halak to split time with.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:37 PM
  #121
Netro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 813
vCash: 500
I know Price has been terrific the last 2 games but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Price struggled, got sent down, and struggled in Hamilton for a while. This is a young kid and is bound to struggle again. Goalies like Patrick Roy are the exception and not the rule. It is unfair to assume that Price will have the same success as Roy in his first NHL playoff year. Besides, who was Roy's back-up in the initial years of his career (and exclude Steve Penney in 85-86)? Yep...experienced NHL goalies like Doug Soetart and Brian Hayward.

This team, and Carey Price, need Cristobal Huet. There is too much risk in getting rid of him now. In fact, to me the best situation is to re-sign Huet for the next 2 seasons, only at a reasonable price, so him and Price can continue to co-exist together. Then the Habs can move Halak for hopefully good return. Unfortunately, I imagine that this scenario is not going to happen because Huet will most likely demand (and get elsewhere) more money and playing time. Nonetheless, even at the risk of losing Huet for nothing this summer, I would keep him. Worst case scenario is the dollars are freed up to use elsewhere.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:39 PM
  #122
TheOldSage
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What are the other viable options?

No matter how much confidence you have in Price, you need a more experienced guy than Halak to split time with.
I am sure there'll be other veteran goalie available on the market this summer at a lower price

TheOldSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:40 PM
  #123
HabsHockey
Registered User
 
HabsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netro View Post
I know Price has been terrific the last 2 games but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Price struggled, got sent down, and struggled in Hamilton for a while. This is a young kid and is bound to struggle again. Goalies like Patrick Roy are the exception and not the rule. It is unfair to assume that Price will have the same success as Roy in his first NHL playoff year. Besides, who was Roy's back-up in the initial years of his career (and exclude Steve Penney in 85-86)? Yep...experienced NHL goalies like Doug Soetart and Brian Hayward.

This team, and Carey Price, need Cristobal Huet. There is too much risk in getting rid of him now. In fact, to me the best situation is to re-sign Huet for the next 2 seasons, only at a reasonable price, so him and Price can continue to co-exist together. Then the Habs can move Halak for hopefully good return. Unfortunately, I imagine that this scenario is not going to happen because Huet will most likely demand (and get elsewhere) more money and playing time. Nonetheless, even at the risk of losing Huet for nothing this summer, I would keep him. Worst case scenario is the dollars are freed up to use elsewhere.
this should be a copypaste in every goalie thread. and /thread.

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:40 PM
  #124
Cristobal Huet
Registered User
 
Cristobal Huet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,992
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krozbee View Post
I am sure there'll be other veteran goalie available on the market this summer at a lower price
yeah, like Robert Esche?

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:47 PM
  #125
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What are the other viable options?

No matter how much confidence you have in Price, you need a more experienced guy than Halak to split time with.
There are two other options:

1) Acquire(wether it be by trade or waivers) a veteran guy that is comfortable in a platoon situation.
2) Price and Halak as a tandem.

The best option for me, would be to resign Huet. It seems the most logical considering he is already meshed with the team, been good to us, and is a quality goaltender. Plus, I think it is feasable to sign him for something around the mid 3 to late 3 million range. Which would not hurt our cap situation.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.