HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Finally someone bashed the Clown Cherry

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2004, 10:01 PM
BigM1ke

vCash: 500
Finally someone bashed the Clown Cherry

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/...NStory/Sports/

I saw this on another forum and couldn't believe no one saw this yet. It's Jacques Demers and Michel Bergeron speaking their mind about the Clown Cherry.

Old
01-29-2004, 10:13 PM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
good read

i think cherry is a fukin FA G, who deserves to go to hell!

fukin homo :mad:

Old
01-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Traitor8

Cherry is a dumbass and there are lots of french analyst or broadcasters that won't take Cherry's stuff for any longer. Jacques Demers, Michel Bergeron are some of them. He has to stop this racist thing. I like english better then french but I don't go say anything about anybody. I want CBC to fire him even though I know that won't happen.

Old
01-29-2004, 10:20 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeofWindsor
I wish the CBC could have someone as classy as you on Hockey Night In Canada.
Unfortunately we have a dumb racist instead of a classy guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
I like english better then french
same here!!

Old
01-29-2004, 10:21 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Cherry is a dumbass and there are lots of french analyst or broadcasters that won't take Cherry's stuff for any longer. Jacques Demers, Michel Bergeron are some of them. He has to stop this racist thing. I like english better then french but I don't go say anything about anybody. I want CBC to fire him even though I know that won't happen.
at least Don Cherry puts on a show on Saturday Nights, which is not the case for the names you mentioned

Old
01-29-2004, 10:21 PM
goalchenyuk

i don't know why but i can go on that site .Someone could past the article please ?thanks

Old
01-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabby
good read

wow that totally makes sense ... it's like being against the War in Iraq and then bomb the US

Old
01-29-2004, 10:23 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
i don't know why but i can go on that site .Someone could past the article please ?thanks
The star commentator on Hockey Night in Canada has been sending an anti-French message to television viewers, several French-Canadian broadcasters charged yesterday. And they say Hockey Night, which is the CBC's top-rated show, has looked the other way while Don Cherry has demeaned French Canadians.

"I think it's time we did something," Michel Bergeron, a former National Hockey League coach and now a commentator on the Quebec network TQS, said yesterday. "This BS has been going on too long."

Jacques Demers, another former NHL coach and a Montreal commentator, called Cherry stupid on the air this week for implying that wearing visors is a sign of weakness and that most visor wearers are Europeans and "French guys." "He's stereotyping Europeans and French Canadians," Demers said.

In addition, Demers thinks Hockey Night has dropped him from its Satellite Hot Stove panel because he spoke out against an anti-French joke spoken by Ron MacLean, the host of Hockey Night and Cherry's partner on the show's Coach's Corner.

"I believe I'm off the Hot Stove because of that," Demers said.

Last July, MacLean served as the host of the opening of Bobby Orr's Hall of Fame in Parry Sound, Ont. After the singing of the Canadian anthem, MacLean said that Cherry, who was in the audience, would not have liked the "middle part," which was in French.

MacLean added that Cherry has nothing against French immersion. "He just figures they don't hold them down long enough."

Called for a reaction, Demers said, "I wasn't there, but I don't like what he said. . . . And I don't know why he's saying it." Demers said Cherry called him the next morning and left him an angry voice message.

"He said: 'You've done me in. You weren't right. We were just joking,'." Demers recalled. "He went on and on. He just lost it. I called him back and said: 'First of all, if you want to talk to me, talk to me directly. Don't leave a message on the phone.'." Demers, subsequently, spoke to MacLean and Joel Darling, the head of Hockey Night.

In the past, Demers appeared about eight times a season on the Hot Stove panel. This year, he's been shut out, except once, when he was called in to be a last-minute replacement for a general manager who couldn't make it. His spot has been filled by Montreal commentator Murray Wilson.

"I liked doing the Hot Stove," Demers said. "It was a nice gig. But if I had to say the same thing again [about MacLean's joke] and knew I wouldn't be on the Hot Stove again, I would.

"I guess Cherry has a lot of say there. He thinks sometimes that he runs the whole world, you know?"

Darling says Demers's limited role on Hockey Night has nothing to do with the MacLean incident.

A bigger issue was perhaps Demers working full-time for RDS, the French-language sports channel that airs Canadiens games countrywide. RDS competes with Hockey Night. Still, Demers worked for RDS in other years when he appeared semi-regularly on the Hockey Night panel.

"We're planning to have Jacques do the Hot Stove in a few weeks," Darling said.

Cherry's put-downs have included blaming French Canadiens for the booing of the American anthem at the Bell Centre in Montreal last March. A few weeks ago, he suggested drug use in junior hockey was limited to Quebec.

Mario Brisbois, who writes on sports media for Le Journal de Montreal, says Cherry can't be taken seriously and isn't really the problem.

"I'm not blaming him," he said. "As far as I'm concerned, he's a clown. I blame the CBC for letting him do it."

Darling won't rebuke Cherry publicly, but says internal meetings are held after every Coach's Corner.

Bergeron said he planned to discuss Cherry's remarks during TQS's postgame Canadiens show last night.

"I'm going to send him a copy of the show," Bergeron said.

The problem is, Cherry doesn't understand French.

Curling's U.S. growth

NBC Sports will again use Canadian broadcasters Don Chevrier, Don Duguid and Elfi Schlegel to call the 2004 U.S. curling championships tape-delayed on March 13. Based the sport's growing popularity in the United States, the television audience should be respectable.

The 2003 nationals on NBC drew a 1.4 rating (about 1.5 million U.S. households). The world curling championship last year on NBC drew a 1.2. That ranked eighth among the top-10 network sports telecasts for that particular week. Comparatively, ABC earned a 1.2 rating last year for its first National Hockey League telecast of the season. Over the past year, USA Curling's membership increased 10 per cent. As well, 12 new clubs started up in regions that include Scottsdale, Ariz., and Knoxville, Tenn.

Old
01-29-2004, 10:24 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
at least Don Cherry puts on a show on Saturday Nights, which is not the case for the names you mentioned
At least they are not making stupid and racist comments. I'd rather see 3 Danielle Sauvageau instead of 1 Don Cherry on saturday night!! At least DS isn't talking ***** about English players!!

ok let's say 2 Danielle Sauvageau... 3 would be exagerated since 1 is already too much.

Old
01-29-2004, 10:25 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Shame on CBC Canada's national station, a country that proclaims freedom and multiculturism to have such a xenophobic, racist, intolerant on board!

Old
01-29-2004, 10:26 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Shame on CBC Canada's national station, a country that proclaims freedom and multiculturism to have such a xenophobic, racist, intolerant on board!
...Michel Bergeron is not far from Cherry either

Old
01-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
At least they are not making stupid and racist comments. I'd rather see 3 Danielle Sauvageau instead of 1 Don Cherry on saturday night!! At least DS isn't talking ***** about English players!!

ok let's say 2 Danielle Sauvageau... 3 would be exagerated since 1 is already too much.
have you ever watched him ? or you just listen to what they say on 110% or on CKAC about him ?

Old
01-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
and is that a better comment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabby
good read

Old
01-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
I don't want a show to be put on at the expense of the Dignity of MY PEOPLE of MY KIND, of the FRENCH understand it. Europeans don't need his talk either, do you realize that he affects kids from the age of 6, my cousin plays hockey and a ukraine kid born in canada, but cuz his family is ukrainian getz teased, I tell you it needs to STOP. The French Jokes, the European Jokes! The Habz and Leafs and Boston jokes can go on who cares but NOT part of WHO the people are. That is what we call RACISM and it should NEVER be accepted on air.
I agree with that but the person to blame for those stupid comments is not Cherry ... it's rather those people who "tease" your cousin

Old
01-29-2004, 10:30 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
have you ever watched him ? or you just listen to what they say on 110% or on CKAC about him ?
Yeah.. 5 or 6 times...

I must admit sometimes his comments make senses but nothing can excuse his lack of professionalist and his racist comments vs Europeens and French Canadians. I've heard alot of those comments and I can't believe this guy is still working for CBC and getting paid... by us!!

And I never listen to 110% or CKAC.

Old
01-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Yeah.. 5 or 6 times...

I must admit sometimes his comments make senses but nothing can excuse his lack of professionalist and his racist comments vs Europeens and French Canadians. I've heard alot of those comments and I can't believe this guy is still working for CBC and getting paid... by us!!

And I never listen to 110% or CKAC.
first of all his salary is payed by Moore's this year, Moore's pays CBC almost a million bucks for the whole year to show their ad before Coache's corner. So without him there they would not pay 1 million bucks

Old
01-29-2004, 10:36 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
and is that a better comment ?
Is not a comment, it's a statement blaming CBC for having and encouraging a bully to spit on French and European (non-English) Canadians.
I am a proud bilingual European Canadian that still believes Canada is the best country in the world.

Old
01-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
but nothing can excuse his lack of professionalist and his racist comments vs Europeens and French Canadians.
and how' bout "Prabby" who said that :

"i think cherry is a fukin FA G, who deserves to go to hell!

fukin homo "

Old
01-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Traitor8

Slowly but surely , more french based broadcasters and analyst will come out with their vision of the incidents. I'm not quite sure that he would still be with a job if he was working for Espn.

You heard what happend to the guy that said Donavan McNabb is overrated because he's black? He got fired...and he was a very good analyst..and he didn't even mean it in a bad way...

Old
01-29-2004, 10:39 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
...Michel Bergeron is not far from Cherry either
why ? because he don't likes certain sides of Koivu's personality ?

Old
01-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Slowly but surely , more french based broadcasters and analyst will come out with their vision of the incidents. I'm not quite sure that he would still be with a job if he was working for Espn.

You heard what happend to the guy that said Donavan McNabb is overrated because he's black? He got fired...and he was a very good analyst..and he didn't even mean it in a bad way...
the guy is Rush Limbaugh ... and there is a major difference between the two ... Limbaugh is a politician that doesn't know anything about sports, and he was brought there to say the contrary of what Berman, Young and others were saying

Old
01-29-2004, 10:44 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

fukin homo "
it's not better exept at least that he's not on national antene and is not paid by our income tax to say that kind of stuff

Old
01-29-2004, 10:46 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/...NStory/Sports/

I saw this on another forum and couldn't believe no one saw this yet. It's Jacques Demers and Michel Bergeron speaking their mind about the Clown Cherry.

jacques demers and bergeron are not that intelligent also , loll ... Why do we care about cherry , he want attention , and now this is what he gets ... Demers and Bergeron are falling into his game , and him sure he is lovin it.

I wish Demers could calm down sometime and stop stuttering and don't act like a baby who is taking things WAY too much personnal ... Cherry is driving crazy by HIMSELF the french people and media (it is so funny to see demers reaction when Cherry name is on the line , lol ) , he is good at that ... what we need to go is don't care about this man , bottom line , he is not important , let him say what he want , who cares ? Not me at least

Last edited by HabsBaby18: 01-29-2004 at 10:49 PM.
Old
01-29-2004, 10:49 PM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
Quote:

fukin homo "
hey im not one who is getting paid to talk like this and im not a racist saying bad things about french people!
im an indian living in quebec who knows little french but i say quebec is the best!

fine if u dont like those words about cherry,how about DUMBASS?

Old
01-29-2004, 10:52 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:

fukin homo "
Prabby isn't on CBC each Saturday Night and doesn't get paid 1M$.

And why are you defending Don Cherry?? Are you trying to convince me he's not racist or what?

Last edited by BigM1ke: 01-29-2004 at 10:58 PM.
Closed Thread