HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

PGT: Flames 2, Anaheim 4

View Poll Results: Who was tonight's MVP?
Curtis Joseph 6 42.86%
Stephane Yelle 0 0%
Wayne Primeau 0 0%
Daymond Langkow 1 7.14%
Dion Phaneuf 2 14.29%
Jarome Iginla 1 7.14%
Other - please specify 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Flames 2, Anaheim 4

All post-game talk goes here.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 09:53 PM
CBanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
All post-game talk goes here.
Positives:
Curtis Joseph who played strong in relief in the third period

Phaneuf saved a goal and got an assist.

Langkow had some strong defensive play and a great goal.

Negatives:
Kiprusoff's lack of big saves.

Falling completely apart in the second particularly the penalty kill.

Flames being pushed around by the Ducks for most of the game.

The Ducks had a strong defensive effort from a defensively stacked team. I'm not convinced they'll repeat but they do seem to be contenders.

CBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 09:54 PM
runningwifpenguins66*

Send a message via AIM to runningwifpenguins66*
Iginla was MVP

runningwifpenguins66* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Play Cujo next game versus the Yotes. I think we'll win that game because unlike last game we showed some heart here, so hopefully it'll carry on to Phoenix.

Very disappointing game though.

Phaneufed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Danny__K

vCash: 50
no MVP tonight... again...

sooner or later this team is gonna try for a game, maybe not this year, maybe not next year, but sooner or later.

Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Another typical Flames game....More inconsistent play....If there is anything that you can typically expect out of the Flames, it's that they are consistently inconsistent....

The lapses this team has from game to game, period to period, minute to minute is unreal. I've never see a team tease so much, only to disappoint.

This team needs defensive help badly. Phaneuf needs a steady stay at home guy to play with. Eriksson doesn't cut it! And seriously, when is Lombardi going to get a chance to play some minutes with top players? Honestly, they are just wasting his talents playing with checkers who have no hands....Give him a shot or trade to team that will use him properly!!!

And somebody really needs to teach Corey Perry a lesson. What a punk he is. He's a good talent, but man is he beyond annoying to play against....

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 11:58 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Well another frustrating game from the flames. Solid first period, but after that we just seemed to quit. Time for some changes whether it is by trade or by bringing up some guys from Quad City's (Prust and Nystrom).

Thank God for Owen Nolan. Only player that seems to give a damn these last few weeks. Love how he sticks up for his mates and is willing to do whatever it takes. Still don't understand how he got the extra 2 late in the third, but good for him for coming to the aid of Regehr. And next game someone better teach Perry a lesson. What a gutless puke.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 01:43 AM
The Overseer*

Quick question,

if Iginla had time to take off his elbow pads before he fought Moen (a fight Iggy started), why didn't he take his visor off?

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 04:03 AM
Snoil11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsson Schmilsson View Post
Quick question,

if Iginla had time to take off his elbow pads before he fought Moen (a fight Iggy started), why didn't he take his visor off?
Cause Moen didn't give him a chance to do so. Moen attacked him, when Iginla was taking off his second elbow pad.

Old
02-18-2008, 04:24 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Cause Moen didn't give him a chance to do so. Moen attacked him, when Iginla was taking off his second elbow pad.
Why didn't Iginla remove his helmet before taking off his elbow pads?

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 04:54 AM
Snoil11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Why didn't Iginla remove his helmet before taking off his elbow pads?
Why didn't Moen wait until Iginla removed his helmet and removed his elbow pads on his own?

Old
02-18-2008, 09:17 AM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Why didn't Moen wait until Iginla removed his helmet and removed his elbow pads on his own?
It's just interesting, that's all. Many claim Iginla would always take off his visor if given the chance. Here's some proof that he won't. He will take off his elbow pads so that he can punch better, but he won't take off his visor.

The proof is in the pudding.

Old
02-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Hyde

Quote:
It's just interesting, that's all. Many claim Iginla would always take off his visor if given the chance. Here's some proof that he won't. He will take off his elbow pads so that he can punch better, but he won't take off his visor.

The proof is in the pudding.
Thanks I needed a laugh this morning, are you serious "The proof is in the pudding."...

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:49 AM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Thanks I needed a laugh this morning, are you serious "The proof is in the pudding."...
It's a derivation of a phrase found in Don Quixote.

Quote:
means that the true value or quality of something can only be judged when it's put to use. The meaning is often summed up as "results are what count."
Here the results are Iginla leaving his visor on when he had ample chance to remove it -- this is contrary to the claims of many Flames fans.

Old
02-18-2008, 10:01 AM
PaulMorin88

Parros hit on Phaneuf

I didn't see it

Do you think Phaneuf is injur??

I think he is the MVP of this team.

Mod edit: I merged this with the game's PGT.

Last edited by Snoil11: 02-18-2008 at 10:49 AM.
PaulMorin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Hyde

Quote:

Here the results are Iginla leaving his visor on when he had ample chance to remove it -- this is contrary to the claims of many Flames fans.
I actually know where the saying is from, and what it means, but I still find it amusing as it isnít that common a saying.

Regarding Iginla and the ďvisorĒ issue, can anyone really say anything to convince you otherwise? Iíve seen your previous posts and comments in other threads this one does need to follow the same path.

Old
02-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Ticonderoga

Quote:
Quick question,

Who cares.
Ask Iginla.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Ticonderoga

Quote:

No really, it's more of a joke here on HF then anything else, and the fact that you bring it up makes you look like a a**.

P.S I love the polls in the PGT's

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Snoil11

Quote:
Moen attacked Iginla, when he was preparing to fight. You can blame Iginla, that he took off his elbow pads first, but you cannot proof that Iginla wouldn't have taken off his helmet, cause Moen was all over him before Iginla handed out the first punch with his visor on.

Old
02-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Moen attacked Iginla, when he was preparing to fight. You can blame Iginla, that he took off his elbow pads first, but you cannot proof that Iginla wouldn't have taken off his helmet, cause Moen was all over him before Iginla handed out the first punch with his visor on.
Um, no he wasnt. I just watched it again and Iginla had plenty of time to take it off, but chose not to, instead choosing the elbow pads instead. Pretty weak.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Um, no he wasnt. I just watched it again and Iginla had plenty of time to take it off, but chose not to, instead choosing the elbow pads instead. Pretty weak.
Thatís your opinion, but it does seem that some of us disagree. Personally I thought, Iggy would have removed his helmet, but Moen was rather impatient.

Old
02-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Thatís your opinion, but it does seem that some of us disagree. Personally I thought, Iggy would have removed his helmet, but Moen was rather impatient.
Iggy should have removed the helmet first, the fact that he took of the elbow pads first speaks volumes about his willingness to remove the helmet.

How many times Iginla has removed the helmet without the other player motioning for him to do it? Beauchemin had to do it, Jovo had to do it. It should be automatic.

Old
02-18-2008, 02:18 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Agreed.

Though, I couldn't care less either way. When two guys decide to start throwing fists are each other the chances of getting injured skyrocket. I don't get mad when a player doesn't remove a visor, and that includes Cory Perry who gets it rough around these boards. It's a non-issue, and I'm amazed at people who think it is.

MrMastodonFarm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Agreed.

Though, I couldn't care less either way. When two guys decide to start throwing fists are each other the chances of getting injured skyrocket. I don't get mad when a player doesn't remove a visor, and that includes Cory Perry who gets it rough around these boards. It's a non-issue, and I'm amazed at people who think it is.
I agree, personally I could care less if Iginla removed his helmet or not, though it does seem to be a big deal to many posters.

I’m finding it rather amusing that is pisses so many people off, and especially Duck Fans who as you mentioned have Cory Perry on there team.

Old
02-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Pepper

Corey Perry doesn't have a single incident of not removing his helmet as bad as Iginla's stunt last night. And he still gets reamed for it.

I can understand why you guys don't care if players don't remove their visors, if Phaneuf and Iginla played without visors you'd probably care a lot more.