HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would it take to get Kovalev?

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2004, 09:43 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
What would it take to get Kovalev?

If the kings wanted kovalev, what would be the asking price? would you be looking at prospects or a blueliner? i'm acutally curious wat it would take to get him and wouldn't midn seeing him on the kings.

Old
01-27-2004, 11:33 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm pretty sure Alex is an UFA at the end of this year.
Unless a team thinks he may help them win a Cup this year, I don't think they'd trade for him.

Old
01-27-2004, 01:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
If the kings wanted kovalev, what would be the asking price? would you be looking at prospects or a blueliner? i'm acutally curious wat it would take to get him and wouldn't midn seeing him on the kings.

Aaron Miller and Brian Boyle or a 1st.

01-27-2004, 03:11 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Chechmanek, Miller

Old
01-27-2004, 03:32 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Chechmanek, Miller

Rangers would not want Chokemanek, they would prolly want Gleason as part of the deal or Miller and maybe prospect like Jens Karlsson

Old
01-27-2004, 03:37 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Rangers would not want Chokemanek, they would prolly want Gleason as part of the deal or Miller and maybe prospect like Jens Karlsson
Yea the <i>Rangers</i> would want prospects before a vezina contending goaltender.

First we have to get in the playoffs before I care whether Chokemanek chokes or not.

Old
01-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Yea the <i>Rangers</i> would want prospects before a vezina contending goaltender.

First we have to get in the playoffs before I care whether Chokemanek chokes or not.
Chechmanek isn't an improvement over Dunham. They are both in that same range. I would want Gleason or Miller, and a 1st for Kovalev and a 3rd. Considering SJ got a nice prospect and a 1st for Nolan I think thats reasonable.

Old
01-27-2004, 04:01 PM
TXNYR

Quote:
Aaron Miller and Brian Boyle or a 1st.
My thoughts exactly.

I agree on Chechmanek, definitely NOT an upgrade.

Sather will want Palffy.

Old
01-27-2004, 04:03 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Chechmanek isn't an improvement over Dunham. They are both in that same range. I would want Gleason or Miller, and a 1st for Kovalev and a 3rd. Considering SJ got a nice prospect and a 1st for Nolan I think thats reasonable.
Chechmanek is not an upgrade, want to back that up some how?

Old
01-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Chechmanek is not an upgrade, want to back that up some how?
Their numbers are very similiar. Roman has a better Save percentage at .913 compared to Dunhams .903. You also have to consider the fact that the Rangers are one of the worst defensive teams in hockey. LA is not great defensively but I would consider them better. Chechmanek had some nice statistical seasons in Philly, but most goalies would perform great with a team like they had. I also think there is something to be said when a goalie gets traded for a 2nd round pick before the season and then gets shopped half way through the year. Also, he has not proved himself at all in tight games in the playoffs. So what? We arent in the playoffs yet? Well, those last 10 games when we are gonna be battling for the playoffs are going to be big and Roman hasnt proven himself in big games. I'm not saying Chechmanek isnt as good as Dunham or even slightly better, but he is certainly NOT a serious upgrade. If you want to go after Bulin or Burke then fine but Chechmanek? Give me a break.

Old
01-27-2004, 06:29 PM
TKLOOCH22

Sather's objective should be to take anything he can get for Kovie. With the acquisition of Jagr, do you think Kovalev is jealous? Its now obvious that this team will go as Jagr goes, so why drag Kovalev along with us? To make the score 7-5 every 10 games when Alex decides to show up?

Im getting a little annoyed of Kovie's temper and unnecessary penalties. Someone plays him clean and hard and he thinks noone will see his trip.

And this is all from someone who cried when we first traded him years ago.

(P.S. dont laugh, I was emotionally attached to Kovie then)

Old
01-27-2004, 06:30 PM
RushingRocket

Send a message via AIM to RushingRocket Send a message via Yahoo to RushingRocket
Frolov?

okay okay, I'll lay off the funny stuff...

Old
01-28-2004, 01:43 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

most of u guys are either asking for 2 roster players or 1 roster player and a top prospect. dont u think thats a bit much for an overpaid UFA?

Old
01-28-2004, 03:39 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
most of u guys are either asking for 2 roster players or 1 roster player and a top prospect. dont u think thats a bit much for an overpaid UFA?

No.

If he is an overpaid UFA, why on Earth would the Kings want him?

Old
01-28-2004, 05:10 AM
Skroob*

Tim Gleason and a 3/4th.

Old
01-28-2004, 06:59 AM
Rodent

Can't we at least ask for Norstrom back?

Old
01-28-2004, 11:51 AM
Fletch

Kovy jealous?

doubtful. The kid wants to win. He makes good coinage, and to my knowledge hasn't had an contract disputes tantrums because he wasn't the focus. He played with Jags in PITT, and the team was successful. As long as he's still asked to contribute, I'm sure he'll be happy, even if Jagr surpasses him in points by 20, but the team makes it to the playoffs.

Old
01-28-2004, 04:01 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
No.

If he is an overpaid UFA, why on Earth would the Kings want him?

because kigns are looking to use salary as a major asset in any trade, to help offset the value of players being sent back. but how can u say kovalev isn't overpaid? u have got to be kidding me if u think the rangers would pay him $6.5 million by choice if they knew he would be doing as well as he's doing right now.

Old
01-28-2004, 04:04 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Can't we at least ask for Norstrom back?
haha, thanks for the trade for him. he's been our foundation all year and one of the few consistent things about the kings.

Old
01-28-2004, 04:05 PM
ddheyman

Quote:
because kigns are looking to use salary as a major asset in any trade, to help offset the value of players being sent back. but how can u say kovalev isn't overpaid? u have got to be kidding me if u think the rangers would pay him $6.5 million by choice if they knew he would be doing as well as he's doing right now.
Ok, so lets go with your argument, he is overpaid. So what? Are the Rangers looking to dump salary? Do we ever look to dump salary? So why would it matter to us? If you're looking to get a bargain by picking up salary you've got the wrong trading partner.

Old
01-28-2004, 04:08 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

ya i agree. tats why i didnt think we'd ever have a shot at picking up kovalev or trading with the rangers. but thats why i was curious, just to see wat u guys would want.

Old
01-28-2004, 04:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I'm not saying that Kovalev isn't overpaid (in truth, 90% of the league is).

However, the Kings can use salary all they want as an asset in a trade but that is just not going to work with the Rangers. If you want Kovalev, fine. But the Rangers are not going to make a salary dump trade because they don't have to. Financial relief is not what the Rangers would be looking for in any potential Kovalev trade. They would want back players. And, as such, the Rangers would be interested in a prospect and a blueliner for him.

Old
01-30-2004, 11:48 PM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I'm not saying that Kovalev isn't overpaid (in truth, 90% of the league is).

However, the Kings can use salary all they want as an asset in a trade but that is just not going to work with the Rangers. If you want Kovalev, fine. But the Rangers are not going to make a salary dump trade because they don't have to. Financial relief is not what the Rangers would be looking for in any potential Kovalev trade. They would want back players. And, as such, the Rangers would be interested in a prospect and a blueliner for him.

I'm a Bruins fan, and would know if a deal could be done with a dman like Gill, O'donnel, Mcgillis ? 1 or 2 of them + forward or prospect ?? What would interest you ? if anything interest you for sure

thanks in advance

Old
01-31-2004, 01:11 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree
I'm a Bruins fan, and would know if a deal could be done with a dman like Gill, O'donnel, Mcgillis ? 1 or 2 of them + forward or prospect ?? What would interest you ? if anything interest you for sure

thanks in advance
If you are talking about Kovalev, sub in Boyton + a pick/prospect and you got yourself a deal. If you are talking about others, any of the above would do.

Closed Thread