HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Avery Off the Ice

Old
02-18-2008, 09:29 PM
jmb9191

vCash: 500
Sean Avery Off the Ice

Has anyone here gotten the pleasure, or displeasure of meeting Sean off the ice?

We all love sitting in the stands and at home watching him get under the skin of the opponent and score some goals, but after the game yesterday, I stuck around to meet some of the guys.

I met about 7, most of them willing to sign autographs and take pictures. Got Nigel to sign my jersey right on the "0" (its a Dawes jersey) and even was lucky enough to get Henrik to sign the jersey on the right shoulder (I told him I liked his band)

Dubinsky was a cool guy too, took pictures, signed my puck. Same with Hollweg, who I asked to demonstrate his dance but said that he cant due to restrictions with his suit.

Ryan Callahan spoke to my dad and I for about 5 minutes, hes a great kid. Really really nice guy.

The nicest of them all was Strudwick. No suprise obviously, he'll do anything for some support from the fans. But none the less, a really nice guy..

But the point of this thread is about the guy who wasn't so nice. Sean Avery. Sean jetted out past Cosby's about a half hour after the game. A few fans asked him for his autograph, including me and a few other kids (i'm only 16) Sean said "What are you gonna do? ******* Sell it? I'm sure thats not going on your little wall at home." Then he signs only one persons puck, happened to be mine. He signs it "SA" and puts a 14 next to it to make it worthless. Then I try to get a picture with Sean, and he turns to me and goes "dude what are you doing? your annoying."

Now, maybe he had somewhere to go, but is it too much to ask for him to look up and take a picture? There weren't that many people around, and it was really uncalled for.

My point is, I love what he does on the ice, and really have no problem with him. However, he hasnt spoken to the media in a week, and is really the total opposite of a class act off the ice. Not very pleasing. Really disappointed me.

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Smashley

Wow... I'm wondering if hes avoiding any public contact until his contract gets worked out considering all the mouth runnin' last time.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Heat McManus

My friend lives in Avery's building and met him outside on one of the first days he moved there.

My friend was on his way to the rink and had his Synergy in his hand and Avery goes, "I don't have a pen. Sorry." My friend just laughed and told him he didn't really want his signature, he lived in the building and was going to play hockey.

I think he's a player that brings a lot to the table, but he's got issues to work out.

I can't believe he was such a complete deuchebag right outside of the Garden! Way to endear yourself to the fans, buddy. I would like to make this post longer but I am going to the bathroom to drop a wicked Avery.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:37 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
I know somebody who said she saw him after one of the games where he was watching the game from the stands and she said he was an ass.

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos View Post

My friend was on his way to the rink and had his Synergy in his hand and Avery goes, "I don't have a pen. Sorry." My friend just laughed and told him he didn't really want his signature, he lived in the building and was going to play hockey.
There ya go! Suck on that jerkwad

TWITTER
@draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:39 PM
pruuu

That is no way to treat people that support you. Damn,here I was thinking he was cool for being "one" with the fans... sitting in the blue seats and all when he was hurt. Sucks to hear he is a ass.

pruuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:39 PM
h0ckeyman

Maybe he was in a bad mood. While i personally havent had the (dis)pleasure, all of my friends who have met him have said he was a really nice and cool guy...

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:42 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Did you expect him to be nice? He's a different type of player. He holds grudges and is a pest. I'm not really surprized.

He should be nicer though.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:47 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9191 View Post
My point is, I love what he does on the ice, and really have no problem with him. However, he hasnt spoken to the media in a week, and is really the total opposite of a class act off the ice. Not very pleasing. Really disappointed me.
Avery can be moody, arrogant, paranoid. But how many professional athletes party in a robe and work boots? I thought so.

02-18-2008, 09:48 PM
blandBob

maybe he's an @hole?
oh..hold on to the Dubi and Callahan ones, they'll be worth more later.

Last edited by blandBob: 02-18-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: still like Avery as a Ranger, but he's got personality issues
blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:49 PM
isles20*

In all seriousness i was at a ranger-tampa game with a few friends in the 400s. He was there while injured and was a nice guy(even though i ****ing hate the ****** on the ice). I got an autograph and he was pretty funny making jokes at the people who worked there.

isles20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:51 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
I've met him twice now. Both times he was nice. But you can tell he's in love with himself.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:52 PM
nyrmetros

who cares. Instead of hounding him for his autograph, just drop to your knees and bow down to him.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:53 PM
ruckus*

I'm glad he doesn't sign autographs. If the people he meets are like people from this board, I can completely understand.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:54 PM
axecrew

Met him a number of times,every negative comment is spot on. He's an ****** pure and simple.Has been since he played in the minors.

axecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
I'm glad he doesn't sign autographs. If the people he meets are like people from this board, I can completely understand.
hmm, ya don't mean

Ranger fans?

From one nutjob to 18,000+ nutjobs. He really shouldn't be so bothered.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 10:05 PM
mstraka82

Quote:
Has anyone here gotten the pleasure, or displeasure of meeting Sean off the ice?

We all love sitting in the stands and at home watching him get under the skin of the opponent and score some goals, but after the game yesterday, I stuck around to meet some of the guys.

I met about 7, most of them willing to sign autographs and take pictures. Got Nigel to sign my jersey right on the "0" (its a Dawes jersey) and even was lucky enough to get Henrik to sign the jersey on the right shoulder (I told him I liked his band)

Dubinsky was a cool guy too, took pictures, signed my puck. Same with Hollweg, who I asked to demonstrate his dance but said that he cant due to restrictions with his suit.

Ryan Callahan spoke to my dad and I for about 5 minutes, hes a great kid. Really really nice guy.

The nicest of them all was Strudwick. No suprise obviously, he'll do anything for some support from the fans. But none the less, a really nice guy..

But the point of this thread is about the guy who wasn't so nice. Sean Avery. Sean jetted out past Cosby's about a half hour after the game. A few fans asked him for his autograph, including me and a few other kids (i'm only 16) Sean said "What are you gonna do? ******* Sell it? I'm sure thats not going on your little wall at home." Then he signs only one persons puck, happened to be mine. He signs it "SA" and puts a 14 next to it to make it worthless. Then I try to get a picture with Sean, and he turns to me and goes "dude what are you doing? your annoying."

Now, maybe he had somewhere to go, but is it too much to ask for him to look up and take a picture? There weren't that many people around, and it was really uncalled for.

Only takes pictures with Hot girls, or looks at them

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 10:07 PM
mstraka82

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruuu View Post
That is no way to treat people that support you. Damn,here I was thinking he was cool for being "one" with the fans... sitting in the blue seats and all when he was hurt. Sucks to hear he is a ass.
Oh yea i found out that he said to some kid in the 400's i cant believe you pay for these seats, when people found that out they were pissed

Old
02-18-2008, 10:08 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I notice he lost his black mouth guard...Sam W has stated a few times now that Sean has been unavailable to the press recently.

Somethings going on in his head. Hes been playing well though. Spirited and fast.

Maybe its all a part of keeping an edge.

I want the Cup, not autographs.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 10:10 PM
HockeyBurd*

So you watch him play and you listen to and read his interviews, and you somehow got the impression that he isn't a jerk? Sure he'll be nice and joke around here and there inside and outside the arena. But you really expect that type of player to be a sweetheart? Nobody behaves that way and talks that way and turns out to be this world class human being in real life.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 10:15 PM
mstraka82

Aves is a little punkish , he thinks he is the hottest guy and the best player, unfortunately i fed his ego yesterday sooo that wasnt good, but he should lighten up man

Old
02-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
So you watch him play and you listen to and read his interviews, and you somehow got the impression that he isn't a jerk? Sure he'll be nice and joke around here and there inside and outside the arena. But you really expect that type of player to be a sweetheart? Nobody behaves that way and talks that way and turns out to be this world class human being in real life.
Has anyone else hung out in the 400s injured?

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 10:17 PM
JohnnyBoychuk55
Shift in Power?

While I like how he plays and I am an Isles fan, just watch some youtube vids of him

Hes egotistical and an @hole, he's not voted the most HATED player for nothing.

But, either way he's a funny ********.

JohnnyBoychuk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 10:18 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
hmm, ya don't mean

Ranger fans?

From one nutjob to 18,000+ nutjobs. He really shouldn't be so bothered.
Yeah. But if the people who are on the this board (the vast majority) are a representation of the people he encounters on a regular basis, I can understand him being a jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
Yup. I think anyone who watches him the majority of the time shouldn't have expected it to be any differently.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 10:20 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:

lol, let the guy breathe

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote