HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Avery Off the Ice

Old
02-20-2008, 02:09 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
From what I hear, he paints his nails black sometimes although that's more of a punk/emo/goth kinda thing, I think

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
I don't think metrosexuals tan. And we'd have to check his fingernails. If they're not manicured all pretty then he fails Metrosexual 101.
He does paint them if that helps.

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but from my perspective as a female, he's....well, I don't want to insult him, but yuk. His stupid pickup lines alone would make me take out my mace.
You've been victim to an Avery pickup line?

TWITTER
@draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Stoney La Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
From what I hear, he paints his nails black sometimes although that's more of a punk/emo/goth kinda thing, I think
Well, see, put that together with the mohawk and the glasses and the designer suit and you've got one confused fashion statement. Sort of Marilyn Manson meets K-Fed.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Stoney La Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post

You've been victim to an Avery pickup line?
Not directly. Some of the gossip sites report on his efforts from time to time, and he's among the worst I've ever heard. Really bad. The kind of things a 12-year-old trying to pick up a 16-year-old might say.

Old
02-20-2008, 02:31 PM
mstraka82

haha, he stares, i was caught in eye contact with him this past weekend, he picks and chooses women and people in general

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Stoney La Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstraka82 View Post
haha, he stares, i was caught in eye contact with him this past weekend, he picks and chooses women and people in general
Well, there you go. Next time you see him, try to get him to say something - and if he says something dumb, like "I'm a hockey player and I can really use my stick," you should say something like, "Yeah, well it's probably composite and it won't last very long!"

Old
02-20-2008, 04:56 PM
mstraka82

Quote:
Well, there you go. Next time you see him, try to get him to say something - and if he says something dumb, like "I'm a hockey player and I can really use my stick," you should say something like, "Yeah, well it's probably composite and it won't last very long!"
it was my fault the second time i brought a sign that said avery your hot, soooo i hope he doesnt remember what i look like at all

Old
02-20-2008, 05:03 PM
ThirdEye

To me, Sean Avery is one of those players that I love but never would want to meet, because you can be rest assured he will treat you like an *******.

He makes me me laugh and I don't think his antics take away from the team, and that's all that matters to me. I also don't think he's overstayed his welcome, and and as such, don't mind him staying here for another year.

He is what he is and I'm willing to accept that.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 05:30 PM
mstraka82

strike that i hope he remembers what i look like i need a date to my cousin's wedding

Old
02-20-2008, 06:19 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
The only time I've really met Avery was up in Boston last month where I was down by the ice before the game and I was hitting the glass and yelling "YEAH AVERY!" or something and he nodded back. I thought that was pretty cool.

He does seem to come off as quite a metrosexual though. Especially after reading that article in the Times a couple of weeks back. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But as long as he does his job on the ice, I could honestly care less what he does off of it.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 08:54 PM
nickrOck

maybe he's bipolar..?

his autograph is total garbage.. SA16, i bet he's better at painting his nails then signing autographs..

i got the team signed photo from the hall of fame weekend, his autograph is signed in the fattest tip marker and atleast 3 times bigger then anyone else on the team..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 10:23 PM
mstraka82

haha thats Aves for you <33

Old
02-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9191 View Post
Has anyone here gotten the pleasure, or displeasure of meeting Sean off the ice?

We all love sitting in the stands and at home watching him get under the skin of the opponent and score some goals, but after the game yesterday, I stuck around to meet some of the guys.

I met about 7, most of them willing to sign autographs and take pictures. Got Nigel to sign my jersey right on the "0" (its a Dawes jersey) and even was lucky enough to get Henrik to sign the jersey on the right shoulder (I told him I liked his band)

Dubinsky was a cool guy too, took pictures, signed my puck. Same with Hollweg, who I asked to demonstrate his dance but said that he cant due to restrictions with his suit.

Ryan Callahan spoke to my dad and I for about 5 minutes, hes a great kid. Really really nice guy.

The nicest of them all was Strudwick. No suprise obviously, he'll do anything for some support from the fans. But none the less, a really nice guy..

But the point of this thread is about the guy who wasn't so nice. Sean Avery. Sean jetted out past Cosby's about a half hour after the game. A few fans asked him for his autograph, including me and a few other kids (i'm only 16) Sean said "What are you gonna do? ******* Sell it? I'm sure thats not going on your little wall at home." Then he signs only one persons puck, happened to be mine. He signs it "SA" and puts a 14 next to it to make it worthless. Then I try to get a picture with Sean, and he turns to me and goes "dude what are you doing? your annoying."

Now, maybe he had somewhere to go, but is it too much to ask for him to look up and take a picture? There weren't that many people around, and it was really uncalled for.

My point is, I love what he does on the ice, and really have no problem with him. However, he hasnt spoken to the media in a week, and is really the total opposite of a class act off the ice. Not very pleasing. Really disappointed me.
This is too funny, you say Sean seemed pissed off because all people want to do now adays is sell these autographs for their own financial benefit. Then in the next paragraph you say that he puts #14 beside it making it worthless.

Guess you just proved why players today don't like signing autographs for these professional autograph seekers that are just out to make a buck. I'm not saying you are one, but when you make the statement that the #14 made the autograph worthless you sure make it sound like you had intentions of selling it.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
This is too funny, you say Sean seemed pissed off because all people want to do now adays is sell these autographs for their own financial benefit. Then in the next paragraph you say that he puts #14 beside it making it worthless.

Guess you just proved why players today don't like signing autographs for these professional autograph seekers that are just out to make a buck. I'm not saying you are one, but when you make the statement that the #14 made the autograph worthless you sure make it sound like you had intentions of selling it.
What are you talking about?

I know if I wanted to keep an autograph of a player I liked (Avery), and the son of a ***** signed the puck with Brendan Shanahan's number, that it wouldn't mean the same to me. That incorrect number taints it totally.

It's kind of like having Mats Sundin sign my Mark Messier jersey just because I was fortunate enough to have run into him.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 05:24 AM
MBHockey

Why does it taint it? I don't get it...i think it's pretty comical actually. It gives you a funny story to tell. I know if Avery signed anything of mine I wouldn't try to sell it...so it wouldn't be devalued in any way.

MBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:29 AM
jmb9191

Like I said, whatever, because i'm not selling anything....

but I just think thats a jerk thing to do.

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
What are you talking about?

I know if I wanted to keep an autograph of a player I liked (Avery), and the son of a ***** signed the puck with Brendan Shanahan's number, that it wouldn't mean the same to me. That incorrect number taints it totally.

It's kind of like having Mats Sundin sign my Mark Messier jersey just because I was fortunate enough to have run into him.

I'm talking about the fact that he said the wrong number made it "worthless". He didn't say it made it "meaningless" to him or perhaps "pointless" he in fact said "worthless" suggesting it has no monitary value. Perhaps it was simply a poor choice of words on the posters part.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Met him in LA a couple times....he seemed like a nice enough guy.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 08:43 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
I think Avery obviously has some psychological issues. By all accounts he is NOT one of those guys that is crazy on the ice but down to earth off of it. He is what he is, bat **** insane and a real jerk. Makes for a good hockey player, but not the type of guy you'd really want to associate with otherwise (unless you too are nuts).

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Elite Swede

Quote:

And then my Dawes jersey was signed by Nigel, but I also got Henrik to sign the right shoulder. I hope that doesn't make it worthless (I mean, its Hank)

Thats why players do not sign sometimes, because they think you might sell on ebay. Your rangers jersey is useless to everyone but you. You do not have a certificate to prove they signed your jersey and your not supposed to sell it anyway.

When I went to devils practices in South Mountain, some players would ask older gentlemen if they were planning on putting this on ebay; they have seen the same guys over and over again. They get a little nervous if they over sign.

I also own many signed jerseys from NHL auctions that come with certificates.

With that said, Avery is a disrespectful punk who I wouldnt want playing for the devils. If clarkson or janssen acted the way he did, I wouldnt be a fan. He is a sparkplug though.

Elite Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Elite Swede

Quote:
Like I said, whatever, because i'm not selling anything....

but I just think thats a jerk thing to do.
Not calling you out, didnt see this.

Elite Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:25 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982 View Post
I think Avery obviously has some psychological issues. By all accounts he is NOT one of those guys that is crazy on the ice but down to earth off of it. He is what he is, bat **** insane and a real jerk. Makes for a good hockey player, but not the type of guy you'd really want to associate with otherwise (unless you too are nuts).
Sounds about right.... Maybe the guy should just avoid the public as much as he avoids the media...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 11:15 PM
blue2noise

If you had no intentions of selling it, why do you care that the 14 made it "worthless"? It's signed by Avery.

Being 16, you may not be old enough to get sarcastic humour, which Sean has by the boatload.

"What are you gonna F***n sell it?" and ""I cant believe you pay for these seats" are pretty funny lines of sarcasm in my book.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 11:22 PM
BJo

Some people just aren't personable and being a pro athlete isn't going to change that.

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 01:10 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Sean said "What are you gonna do? ******* Sell it? I'm sure thats not going on your little wall at home." Then he signs only one persons puck, happened to be mine. He signs it "SA" and puts a 14 next to it to make it worthless. Then I try to get a picture with Sean, and he turns to me and goes "dude what are you doing? your annoying."
You know what, the puck is far from worthless. Yea you cant sell it, but isnt that the point? And in the end, he gave you a great story to go along with what otherwise would be just another sig on some piece rubber.

Id frame that puck.....Avery is a huge personality, and you got yourself a little piece.

awesome

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote