HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

And the Avs...

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2004, 05:07 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

vCash: 500
And the Avs...

Choke another lead!

What with all the pro-Floppa threads the last couple of days, why can't I post it?

Forsberg took himself out of that last 2 on 1 rush...nicely done "greatest player in the game"

and lemme just reiterate...Aebisher is not the man in net to win your star studded team the Cup

Old
01-30-2004, 05:08 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

He played good in the first, and sucked mightly in the final periods. He would create a scoring chance and destroy it at the same time.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:09 AM
Aerolanche

Uhh yeah, I still think he's the best player in the game even though he had one bad game.

By the way, he still registered a point.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:13 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Give the Kings some credit... after winning in OT last night and coming out tonight trailing by two goals to pick up 3 points out of a possible 4 in a back-to-back situation.
And in the past 11 games the only regulation loss has been against the Red Wings.
Hail to the Kings!

Old
01-30-2004, 05:13 AM
LuckyLUC20

Give credit to the Kings for battling their way back. They have shown so much heart through all the adversity. I am so proud of this team.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:16 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

They work hard, play defensively (how can they not), and create good bounces for themselves b/c of their work ethic.

Barney's goal was a crazy tip in.......Wow.
And the next two came from not giving up on the play.

Murray gets them out there playing there best every night......when they do that.....they are going to get some points. Kudos to Murray.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:19 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

That's fine SNA...post what you want. It's a free continent.

And I'll be the first to admit that Forsberg didn't have a great game tonight. Not bad, but not great. Wasn't his fault we lost the lead. They got overly fancy on the power play and failed to put the game away. The 5-on-3 penalty kill was the turning point of the game. To fail to score on the power play when it matters most and then give up 2 out of 3 goals on the penalty kill against one of the WORST teams when it comes to special teams is inexcusable.

And I still have faith in Aebischer, even though this was probably his worst game of the year. Well, even Roy had them. It happens. Hopefully he gets all of them out of his system before the postseason. Oh well...they're still the best team in the league, and this is with them still not playing their best hockey. They were bound for a lackluster showing sooner or later. What can you do?

Kings played hard and wouldn't go away. They deserve credit.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:20 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
They work hard, play defensively (how can they not), and create good bounces for themselves b/c of their work ethic.

Barney's goal was a crazy tip in.......Wow.
And the next two came from not giving up on the play.

Murray gets them out there playing there best every night......when they do that.....they are going to get some points. Kudos to Murray.
Yup, this my be my favorite team since the '93 cup team, because they play so hard each and every night. The only game I saw no effort from this team is the 5-0 Loss to San Jose in SJ. But other than that there hasn't been an ENTIRE game where the Kings showed no effort. They had a few 3rd Period lapses against Boston, and Toronto, but they still managed to get points out of those games. But those points may come back to haunt us. The Barney-Stumpel-Frolov line is great. Here's to the playoffs Kings!

Old
01-30-2004, 05:29 AM
clefty
What?

I'm impressed with this Scott Barney kid. A goal and an assist tonight so he now has, what, 7 points in 9 games? I think he's also a +8 or something like that.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:29 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

If anyone ever doubts Norstroms value, look no further than the fits he give Forsberg each and every time they play against eachother

Old
01-30-2004, 05:32 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty
I'm impressed with this Scott Barney kid. A goal and an assist tonight so he now has, what, 7 points in 9 games? I think he's also a +8 or something like that.
Yeah it is just a great story. Out of hockey for three years, major back surgeries, they never thought he would play again, but he didn't give up. He fights his way back to the top line in LA. Talk about a Masterton candidate.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:33 AM
CanadaAvalanche

OMG! Forsberg had an off night, I can't believe it because the best player in the world is not allowed to have an off night

Honestly this thread is rediculous. Forsberg is hands down the best playmaker in the game today and I don't even think that can be questioned. Wow he messed up on a 2 on 1, I think the Avs should trade him for Belak while Forsberg still has some value.

You can't expect the near perfection that Forsberg brings almost every game because believe it or not some players have off nights! I also find it funny that an off night for Forsberg is considered being a plus 2 with 1 assist, getting 4 shots on goal, and logging over 24 minutes of ice time.

Also I am not worried about Aebischer one bit.

Last edited by CanadaAvalanche: 01-30-2004 at 05:41 AM.
Old
01-30-2004, 05:49 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAvalanche
Honestly this thread is rediculous.
i disagree

Your response, as well as a couple from other pro-avs posters in this thread backed up the Thread-starters point.

its not any more "rediculous" than threads started everytime the guy pots 2-3 points against non-play-off teams.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:56 AM
CanadaAvalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
i disagree

Your response, as well as a couple from other pro-avs posters in this thread backed up the Thread-starters point.

its not any more "rediculous" than threads started everytime the guy pots 2-3 points against non-play-off teams.

First of all I have never started a thread like that.

Secondly you can question Forsberg's talent all you want, but I have yet to see anyone else in the league that can dominate on a cosistent basis like he can.

So go ahead and start up a thread everytime he has a "off" game because it will only amount to a couple of threads a season

And by any chance X8oD you wouldn't happen to be anti-avs?, with your favortism obviously swaying towards the Detroit Red Wings.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:02 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Face it, it's all true.

Avs are overrated.

Forsberg's a bum.

And, we know on Jan. 28th that Aebischer, based on his horrific play this year , is not a playoff goalie.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:07 AM
Thalia

When's the next 'Nucks/Avs matchup... we need the 4 points.

The A-S-S line should kick in nicely with another 6 points.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:12 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Forsberg and the Av's should be embarrassed by that dive he took when he faked taking a high stick to the face. IMO something like that should be reviewed by the NHL and he should get a game. Just pathetic, and I'm a Forsberg fan.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:19 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
Forsberg and the Av's should be embarrassed by that dive he took when he faked taking a high stick to the face. IMO something like that should be reviewed by the NHL and he should get a game. Just pathetic, and I'm a Forsberg fan.
What is the saying?..."If you're not winning, you're not cheating?"

Old
01-30-2004, 06:20 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
That might have been one of the more embarrassing displays I've seen in a while, quite frankly... and I like many believe he's the best player in the world when healthy.

He just doesn't need to do that stuff... he discredits himself and the game, even (and especially) when he suckers a ref into making a call.

I respect the Avs and their fans, but no Avs fan can really in good conscience defend it.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:45 AM
bgumble184

Send a message via AIM to bgumble184
Quote:
That dive was ridiculous. He should be fined or suspended for that crap.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:59 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgumble184
That dive was ridiculous. He should be fined or suspended for that crap.
Osgood's dive in today's Canucks-Blues game wasn't any less ridiculous... or maybe he did fall over from that breeze he got from Bertuzzi as he skated over??

Old
01-30-2004, 07:00 AM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
OT: There is way too many Corvo avatars. He doesn't deserve to be a posterboy.

Old
01-30-2004, 04:14 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
If anyone ever doubts Norstroms value, look no further than the fits he give Forsberg each and every time they play against eachother
He is one of the very few d-men in the league that seems to give Forsberg trouble EVERY SINGLE TIME they play against each other. Want your Forsberg-stopper? Look no further than Norstrom.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:07 PM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Choke another lead!

What with all the pro-Floppa threads the last couple of days, why can't I post it?

Forsberg took himself out of that last 2 on 1 rush...nicely done "greatest player in the game"

and lemme just reiterate...Aebisher is not the man in net to win your star studded team the Cup
can u tell me what its like to cheer for a cup winning team? can u also educate lacroix about how to build a winning team? please, inform us oh wise one

Old
01-30-2004, 06:08 PM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
He is one of the very few d-men in the league that seems to give Forsberg trouble EVERY SINGLE TIME they play against each other. Want your Forsberg-stopper? Look no further than Norstrom.
i guess that explain why forsberg only averages a point a game against the kings in the playoffs.

Closed Thread