HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

And the Avs...

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2004, 06:11 PM
fcbarcelona

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
That might have been one of the more embarrassing displays I've seen in a while, quite frankly... and I like many believe he's the best player in the world when healthy.

He just doesn't need to do that stuff... he discredits himself and the game, even (and especially) when he suckers a ref into making a call.

I respect the Avs and their fans, but no Avs fan can really in good conscience defend it.
i can. the avs refs miss plenty of calls on the avs. other team's hook and hold colorado's star players (which should be penalized) and the only way to draw attention to this b.s. is through diving. t1t for tat IMO. but, would i do it? no. i wouldn't care much for drawing penalities. and it is shameful to dive frequently....no doubt.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:14 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
i guess that explain why forsberg only averages a point a game against the kings in the playoffs.
Yes because Roman Cechmanek and Felix Potvin are sooooooooo good in the playoffs.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:22 PM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
Yes because Roman Cechmanek and Felix Potvin are sooooooooo good in the playoffs.
So it's not Nostrom when he averages a point per game and it is Norstrom when Peter "only" has one assist (or is shut out) like last night?

Old
01-30-2004, 06:27 PM
ehc73

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
So it's not Nostrom when he averages a point per game and it is Norstrom when Peter "only" has one assist (or is shut out) like last night?
No, I'm just saying that Norstrom pisses Forsberg off and that distracts him from the game. I'm pretty sure Forsberg could be even more effective against the Kings in the playoffs without Norstrom in the playoffs. There is a battle between Norstrom and Forsberg and I for one find it very entertaining when these two go at it.
Also keep in mind, last night was regular season, which Cechmanek and Potvin usually do pretty well in. They just suck in the playoffs.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:41 PM
bethchella

Send a message via AIM to bethchella Send a message via Yahoo to bethchella
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
i guess that explain why forsberg only averages a point a game against the kings in the playoffs.
when did forsberg get a ppg in a series against the kings.... geez

I remember some back to back shutouts but I don't remember any multi point games for forsberg.....

Sakic on the other hand always seems to give us fits.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:44 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Murray gets them out there playing there best every night......when they do that.....they are going to get some points. Kudos to Murray.
Imagine how much credit he would get for being an awsome coach if he had Palffy, Deadmarsh, Allison, Miller and Straka in the lineup.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:52 PM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Imagine how much credit he would get for being an awsome coach if he had Palffy, Deadmarsh, Allison, Miller and Straka in the lineup.
Ah, but if the injuries return the effort disappears... It's always like that with most teams... :mad:

Old
01-30-2004, 07:10 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Face it, it's all true.

Avs are overrated.

Forsberg's a bum.

And, we know on Jan. 28th that Aebischer, based on his horrific play this year , is not a playoff goalie.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:14 PM
ehc73

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs
Ah, but if the injuries return the effort disappears... It's always like that with most teams... :mad:
Yeah, I agree with you on that one. Character guys and the role guys get less minutes, and these are the hardest working guys on the team. Despite effort being able to bleed off a heckuva lot easier than talent, effort is what a lot of teams lack when they're struggling.
Still, if the Kings make the playoffs, Murray's got a lock on the Jack Adams trophy.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
Still, if the Kings make the playoffs, Murray's got a lock on the Jack Adams trophy.
Sutter may have something to say about that.

Closed Thread