HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Never again...

Old
02-19-2008, 05:31 PM
King Henrik

vCash: 500
Never again...

Will I EVER question why Hank or Vally, or any goalie for that matter aren't able to stop someone in a shootout, or a game. I just got back from a 5 hour non stop game.. I was goalie with full pads EVERYTHING. Never has my back hurt, or has my body felt this sore... im in pain.. I usually play for an hour or two.. but never this long.. Hank doesn't either.. but I faced as many shots in the 5 hours than he does in 2 and a half.. I have SUCH respect for goalies and they truly do carry their teams (well, the good ones.)

I mean I always knew it was the most important position.. but now that I busted my ass.. shot after shot.. man.. no wonder why it's hard to find a franchise goalie.

We also won 7-3. I'm the man. lol..

It also doesn't hurt that Hank is in top shape.. and well, im not.

King Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 05:43 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik View Post
Will I EVER question why Hank or Vally, or any goalie for that matter aren't able to stop someone in a shootout, or a game. I just got back from a 5 hour non stop game.. I was goalie with full pads EVERYTHING. Never has my back hurt, or has my body felt this sore... im in pain.. I usually play for an hour or two.. but never this long.. Hank doesn't either.. but I faced as many shots in the 5 hours than he does in 2 and a half.. I have SUCH respect for goalies and they truly do carry their teams (well, the good ones.)

I mean I always knew it was the most important position.. but now that I busted my ass.. shot after shot.. man.. no wonder why it's hard to find a franchise goalie.

We also won 7-3. I'm the man. lol..

It also doesn't hurt that Hank is in top shape.. and well, im not.

Part of the problem with this forum is that many do not even PLAY hockey or understand it from real experience.

As a goalie of 17 years, playing at a high level all throughout college and to this day still, I am glad you got to experience it first hand and understand the position a little more.

Not enough of us understand that we have one if not THE best goalie in the entire world in Henrik Lundqvist!

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 05:46 PM
King Henrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Part of the problem with this forum is that many do not even PLAY hockey or understand it from real experience.

As a goalie of 17 years, playing at a high level all throughout college and to this day still, I am glad you got to experience it first hand and understand the position a little more.

Not enough of us understand that we have one if not THE best goalie in the entire world in Henrik Lundqvist!
Wow you have been playing for as long as I have been alive lol.. I respect goalies soooo much.

We are SO fortunate to have him.

Old
02-19-2008, 06:11 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Do you own your own ice rink or something? 5 hours of ice? YOU'RE the fortunate one.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 06:57 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Haha wrong thread

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 07:22 PM
King Henrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Do you own your own ice rink or something? 5 hours of ice? YOU'RE the fortunate one.
haha, it was at a shool yard.. a flat.. recently tarred black top. It's a beauty.. fenced in and everything.

Old
02-19-2008, 07:51 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik View Post
haha, it was at a shool yard.. a flat.. recently tarred black top. It's a beauty.. fenced in and everything.
how warm was it today? Your location says staten island so i'm just wondering.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

I've played in net for about 12 years, was actually a walk on for my old Div I school's club/b-team but transferred after 2 years. I can't even imagine how NHL caliber goalies do the things they do. I was more of a Richter/Hasek style (for obvious reasons) than the butterfly style, but I have a lot of respect for all of them. Definitely the hardest position on the ice. Always the best skater as well.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 09:24 PM
King Henrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
how warm was it today? Your location says staten island so i'm just wondering.
Around the 40's.. high 30's..

Old
02-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Unpredictable1

I played goal for all of my hockey career, started playing hockey late (high school) and went on to play some competitive hockey and then some good quality men's league. (about 12 years total)

The last 2 seasons I decided what the heck I want to play forward to try it out. I was the team's leading goal scorer my first season and had 30pts in 30 games. (15g 15a)

I recommend it for anyone to try both because still to this day I enjoy playing out more. I've played 2 winter and 2 summer seasons. (in the 2nd winter season now)

Goaltending can take a greater toll on you physically and mentally.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 10:23 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

I love to play but out east on the Island there isn't that many places to play really.

Roller hockey is what I play, when I can, it's just so expensive...

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote