HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mikhail Grabovski ON FIRE again

Old
02-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Right, forgot about Savard.

Kozlov is a winger, isn't he?
For the majority of the time he is, but he does play center once in awhile.

02-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Right, forgot about Savard.

Kozlov is a winger, isn't he?
He's played center at times.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
Jason Ward, he was the AHL MVP in 2003.
Yup, but he never had a 2 ppg average as Grabs has....

that's the big difference.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Grabovski - 16 PTS in 5 GP... Trade Bait or Call-Up?

MIKHAIL GRABOVSKI'S last 5 games
6 goals, 10 assists for 16 points.

Trade him while his value is sky high?
Keep him in the minors?
Call him up?
Not sure what to do?

Posts your comments.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:06 AM
David_99

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Trade bait IMO...

We have Pleks and Saks for many years to come, and Grabs isn't a sure thing at the NHL level because of his strength and size...

And I don't see him making it as a winger with the depth we have right now. It's too bad because he's so fun to watch...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Russeltown

I don't think he'll be called up, unless a major injury happens in Montreal.

Grabovski would not answer the Habs needs. However, if a trade happens within few days, he might be needed in Montreal for a balanced offense. We'll see. As of now, he's doing well in Hamilton and should stay there!

Maybe he's a Jozef Balej?

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pascal

Could be another Balej.. he was rocking the AHL when he got traded for Kovy.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
MIKHAIL GRABOVSKI'S last 5 games
6 goals, 10 assists for 16 points.
Last 5 games were also in 6 days!!! And he got the 1st star in all of these games...

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

If you can add him as a key part of a trade, then fine, but otherwise, let him finish the year in Hamilton barring injuries. Scoring is the not the problem, if anything we need more grit and defensive play heading into the playoffs.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Rock On

As much as I like him, I think some teams may be interested in him. His value is not so high but it is probably the best he ever had. He's still a bit weak but the potential is there for sure. He's not Datsyuk but he can develop into a poorer version of him if he adds up some muscles. I'd keep him if it's not to land a star in return though.

Rock On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Do him a favour and deal him. I don't see a future for him here.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'd call him up. he deserves it. i remember a media outlet reporting that he and Chipchura were told by the club to get permanent digs in Montreal. I think the club thinks more highly of him than we do.

He's an exciting player and i think he has a future in Montreal. He can do a lot offensively and can be another creative powerplay option for the Habs. Call him up and give him another look. Surely he has something to offer. I'd bet he responds. I like his character.

I wish Begin could stay healthy enough to play every game. I'd like a 4th/3rd line of Begin, Grabovsky, Latendresse.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
If teams are high on him I woulc not be upset if he was moved but not if teams consider him a toss in.
Also if he were called up and played rather than Dandenault I would be happy as well.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Do him a favour and deal him. I don't see a future for him here.
Only if you can get good return...I think it would be dumb to just throw him into a deal only to come back and be a consistant 55-60 point guy in the NHL...right now he is stuck behind guys like Plekanec Kovy Koivy Ryder Higgins S.Kost A.Kost Plek Lats who are all bigger than him and for the most part younger.

Old
02-22-2008, 09:13 AM
mtl_felix

keep him and give him a chance when there are injuries. That or next year at the training camp.

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Puckhead58*

He's tradebait as far as I'm concerned!!! He is too small and soft to play big minutes in the NHL. He may be a career AHLer. The guy is good offensively, but he would need to play on a team with bigger players who can make room for him....the Habs are too small and he would just make us smaller and weaker.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
I don't think he'll be called up, unless a major injury happens in Montreal.

Grabovski would not answer the Habs needs. However, if a trade happens within few days, he might be needed in Montreal for a balanced offense. We'll see. As of now, he's doing well in Hamilton and should stay there!

Maybe he's a Jozef Balej?
Balej has never really gotten a fair shake at the NHL. He's put up 6 PTS in very limited minutes over 18 NHL games.

He also got into a bad accident when he 22-24 that hurt his development a lot.

He's back playing AHL hockey again and has put up 13 PTS in 16 GP with the Moose this season. He just turned 26... today...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOZEF BALEJ!!!

And I could see him getting another shot at the NHL before the end of this year or by sometime next season.

Old
02-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Dripper

If the Streit-Lapierre-Ryder line continues to produces I say keep him in Hamilton or trade him. But if they start to struggle I could see Grabovski instead of Lapierre

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Only if you can get good return...I think it would be dumb to just throw him into a deal only to come back and be a consistant 55-60 point guy in the NHL...right now he is stuck behind guys like Plekanec Kovy Koivy Ryder Higgins S.Kost A.Kost Plek Lats who are all bigger than him and for the most part younger.
Umm.. only three of the nine guys you named are younger...

Old
02-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Wait for a couple more days and see what happens IMO. I'd like to see him get a chance with the Habs to establish himself, he could do a good job for us IMO. If he continues this form another week or two, or we get some injuries in Montreal, I'd call him up as he has done what was asked of him so far and succeeded. Players have been rewarded with callups for much less (although the circumstances may have differed).

But I wouldn't be against trading him, pending the offer. If we can add a #4 Dman, good 2 way center or a star player by including him in a trade, I'd consider it.

Keep him in Hamilton the next few days and see what happens. If there is a trade option, look into it. If not, give him a little more time in Hamilton. If he continues to tear it up, call him up and give him a look in unless the team is in dominant form. Wouldn't hurt a few guys in Montreal to know they have some more competition, outside the guys they see day in and day out. If he does get called up, put him in a position to succeed. If we are going to call him up and use him in small minutes with ever changing linemates, simply leave him longer in Hamilton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
We have Pleks and Saks for many years to come, and Grabs isn't a sure thing at the NHL level because of his strength and size...
I really don't get this arguement. Why does his size hold him back? The strength arguement I get and agree with to an extent, but why would his size hold him back? We have smaller players on the Habs who have made solid, even very good careers in the NHL. Why would his size hold him back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
He's tradebait as far as I'm concerned!!! He is too small and soft to play big minutes in the NHL. He may be a career AHLer. The guy is good offensively, but he would need to play on a team with bigger players who can make room for him....the Habs are too small and he would just make us smaller and weaker.
Again, the size issue is something I don't get. People seem to tie it automatically into physical strength, which isn't appropriate. But to call him soft? Really? Based on what? Or are you automatically tying that word into physical strength as well? Which is unfair. Soft is someone who won't stick up for themselves. Who won't stick up for a teammate. Who is worried about getting hit and will avoid parts of the ice where that might happen. Soft is someone who gives up when they have a chance to compete. It's only my opinion, but I'd say none of those things apply to Grabovski, based on having seen him play a fair bit over the last two years. Not sure if anyone else would agree, but there is no way I would ever call that guy soft. People hit him hard. They cheap shot him. And he keeps playing and getting back up for more. I don't see how someone who does that is soft. Hopefully you can explain that one to me.

Last edited by Qui Gon Dave: 02-22-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris La Tigre View Post
I wish Begin could stay healthy enough to play every game. I'd like a 4th/3rd line of Begin, Grabovsky, Latendresse.
You can't play Grabovsky with a guy who can't do anything offensively and a guy who skates as fast as my cat does. He needs to play with an offensive line, 1st or 2nd.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Le depisteur

It's the second North-American season for Grabovsky... Please, lets give him a try! We must to be patient with our prospects, including Grabovsky...

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Umm.. only three of the nine guys you named are younger...
Well all but Ryder Koivu and Kovy are the same age or younger and already established in the NHL.

Old
02-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Grabs is 24 years old. Its make it or break it time for him and he's not going to fetch much in a trade.

He's good enough to play in the NHL somewhere else but probably not for us. I think dealing this kid away so he has a real chance at an NHL career is the classy move to make. Do him a favour and trade him, its the right thing to do for the kid.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote