HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

TooToo Bites Wright...

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2004, 06:21 PM
OpinionatedMike

vCash: 500
Y'know as bad as Tootoo may be, as much as he might get a game or two for biting another player, I'm COMPLETELY disgusted by Tyler Wrights' comments, ""He's from way up north - that's how they eat up there, I guess," Wright told the Tennessean after the game."

You've gotta be kidding me!? Is this a poor attempt at a joke?
I hope Wright gets a nice heavy fine (although with the current CBA, I don't think it can surpass 1000$, so there goes a brand new suit for Mr. Wright)

Old
01-30-2004, 06:23 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionatedMike
Y'know as bad as Tootoo may be, as much as he might get a game or two for biting another player, I'm COMPLETELY disgusted by Tyler Wrights' comments, ""He's from way up north - that's how they eat up there, I guess," Wright told the Tennessean after the game."

You've gotta be kidding me!? Is this a poor attempt at a joke?
I hope Wright gets a nice heavy fine (although with the current CBA, I don't think it can surpass 1000$, so there goes a brand new suit for Mr. Wright)
maybe it's just me but that's not offensive IMO. it's a joke about someone's region they were brought up in. was it in poor taste perhaps? but I don't think he should be suspended for it, just like I don't think Tootoo should be suspended. next game they can fight this thing out and that should be the end of it.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:30 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Are you kidding me? How many threads have Pred fans started concerning a Tootoo fight. Other people may have started it, in which we participate.....but rarely, if it has even happened, have we started a thread bragging about a fight. We rarely do it on our own message board either....we may mention a win in our GDT but that is about the extent...... Frankly......I have no idea what your talking about.
An example.....

Somebody started a thread in the general forum about Nash's play-making abilities and out of left field, 4 or 5 posts in, is a Predhead yapping about Nash "rabbit punching" Zidlicky.

Does every thread concerning a team/player the Preds have played in the past month have to turn into "us against them", in some sort of Predhead Nation re-do of the Civil War?

Old
01-30-2004, 06:35 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, mommy, waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Old
01-30-2004, 06:35 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

if everytime someone gets a facewash, and its excusable to just bite down on watever is around the mouth region, then hockey players should get the reputation of being cannibals...but that doesnt happen...ppl get facewashed everygame, but like someone said before, these guys are grown men and there's no excuse for them to bite other people....

was it intentional?...if it happeend then of course it was!...you dont accidentally bite other people...

i understand the frustration of having someone shove their glove in your face, but can you imagine someone like yerman, or lemieux biting another player....they would instantly get looked down upon because first of all, that is just weird, and also classless, the same standard should be held by every hockey player

Old
01-30-2004, 06:42 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

right now tootoo may seem like such an untoucable guy, becasue people hate him but cant do anything about it...but trust me, if he ever gets to play more than 5 min a game, then players would get a fair crack at him...

i admire tootoo's courage and intensity, and i especially respect him for the trials he's gone through in his life, but seriosuly, not to be offensive, but maybe nashville hasnt been around hockey long enough to know that tootoo will eventually get his share of punsihment, especially because people are gunning for him...

Old
01-30-2004, 06:46 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, mommy, waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
You got diaper rash, Trig?

Old
01-30-2004, 06:47 PM
fullmetalninja

All I know is that Tyler Wright would be hounded on Hfboards for those comments....

I mean, for gods sake- you can't make an obvious joke about someone!

Honestly, some of you people.. Do you think that hockey players- 3rd liners, goons etc are so noble on the ice?

Opininated Mike you must not be very opinionated- after all you may hurt somebody's feelings.

Especially these sensitive nashville fans, and the Angel, Jordin Tootoo(he probably doesn't talk at all on the ice.....)

Big surprise on Tootoo btw... Let's see. Mark Bell was lying about Tootoo being classless in the way that he refused to go, waited til Bell was turning then jacked him. Jarome Iginla was lying about the EXACT SAME THING. And now, Tyler Wright is lying about him biting him!(Which actually I think is pretty funny).

Are you guys ever gonna say that he goes over the line? *** biting a guys pinky and you still find an excuse....

I really do wish Tootoo was on my team. He's a freakshow that's a lot of fun. But for him to play in this league, he has to toe the line--- and he is way on the wrong side of that line a lot.

When he is cheapshotted one of these times- which will happen at some point... Just remember that he had it comin. THat's all that I would ask.

-fullmetalninja

Old
01-30-2004, 06:47 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketracket
You got diaper rash, Trig?
Gold bon works for me !

Old
01-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
too bad Jeremy "The third" Riech got his asz handed to him with one left handed punch when he decided to "throw down"...Columbus is a soft team, and Nick Rash decides to pick on a defenseman that is 5 inches shorter than he is.
THE Jeremy Reich? Now that's news. They should've led Sportscenter with it.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:53 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
right now tootoo may seem like such an untoucable guy, becasue people hate him but cant do anything about it...but trust me, if he ever gets to play more than 5 min a game, then players would get a fair crack at him...

i admire tootoo's courage and intensity, and i especially respect him for the trials he's gone through in his life, but seriosuly, not to be offensive, but maybe nashville hasnt been around hockey long enough to know that tootoo will eventually get his share of punsihment, especially because people are gunning for him...
Because we didn't know anything about the NHL or hockey before the Predators got here?

Sorry guy, most of us followed hockey well before the Predators.

Tootoo has and will continue to have to stand up for himself, no one has said any different. He's a pest, but he'll fight.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:55 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Just curious how was Wright's comments to Tootoo different than Fuzzy's to Tiger?

Old
01-30-2004, 06:57 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Fact: No matter how defenseless, how blind to the play, no one should ever fall from a Letowski hit. :p

Old
01-30-2004, 06:58 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
Fact: No matter how defenseless, how blind to the play, no one should ever fall from a Letowski hit. :p
You have a point there.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:58 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
but maybe nashville hasnt been around hockey long enough to know that tootoo will eventually get his share of punsihment, especially because people are gunning for him...
you are right, we never heard of this thing called hockey until it rolled into Nashville in 1998. dont worry though - we are fast learners.

and the point has been made several times this season that people have gunned for him- to no avail I might add.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
It was painful to watch

Old
01-30-2004, 07:01 PM
jstreet

also, people want to write Toots off as a clown and whine about what a scrub he is., but this thread is proof alone that he is doing his job, and doing a dern good job at that.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:01 PM
hillbilly

Quote:
Mark Bell was lying about Tootoo being classless
Probably Mark Bell isn't exactly going to win any class awards any time soon either.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:04 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
It was painful to watch

I watched Letowski for 1.5 years and no one ever was effect by one of his hits.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:04 PM
OpinionatedMike

First off, I never said Tootoo shouldn't be suspended for his actions, the NHL if they feel it right will come down on him. My point is this, Tyler Wright made a comment that people of Inuit descent are cannibals.

Sorry, but that's rasict.

Lets see it again shall we? "He's from way up north - that's how they eat up there, I guess,"
Inuits have been known to eat raw fish and meat, that doesn't mean they are cannibals, does it?

Or should we just turn ignore it, maybe one day Tyler Wright can make a comment about Mike Grier picking the material for a sweater, maybe he'll switch gears and if discuss how Jochen Hecht isn't a big supporter of the Jewish faith.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:07 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Ah, so this is his one momement in the sun then? I'll let it be.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
I watched Letowski for 1.5 years and no one ever was effect by one of his hits.
Painful for the viewer, not for the player. It was horribly depressing to see Tootoo knocked down by Trevor......not a high point of the game to say the least.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:10 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
you are right, we never heard of this thing called hockey until it rolled into Nashville in 1998. dont worry though - we are fast learners.

and the point has been made several times this season that people have gunned for him- to no avail I might add.
How many times has he played the teams again that vowed revenge ?? I know they have not played the Flames again so you can't say that Iginla/Flames will not get retribution for his side-show antics.

It's 50 games into the season and you guys are saying that nobody has gotten him yet so nobody will. That is pathetic. Players have long memories and they aren't going to waste their time with a scrub like Tootoo if the 2 points matter.

You may be right in a way because Tootoo may not be in the NHL much longer so they should get him now while they have the chance. Lord knows players like him are a nickel a dozen and WHEN the Preds find a new home, the new city may actually be able to attract fans without using a players background to the teams advantage.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:13 PM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
How many times has he played the teams again that vowed revenge ?? I know they have not played the Flames again so you can't say that Iginla/Flames will not get retribution for his side-show antics.

It's 50 games into the season and you guys are saying that nobody has gotten him yet so nobody will. That is pathetic. Players have long memories and they aren't going to waste their time with a scrub like Tootoo if the 2 points matter.

You may be right in a way because Tootoo may not be in the NHL much longer so they should get him now while they have the chance. Lord knows players like him are a nickel a dozen and WHEN the Preds find a new home, the new city may actually be able to attract fans without using a players background to the teams advantage.
oh yeah., I forgot about that Iginla whippin. Thanks, fond memories.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:13 PM
hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield

Shmuck

Closed Thread