HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

TooToo Bites Wright...

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2004, 07:13 PM
CBJSlash

vCash: 500
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will not respect Tootoo and his style of play until he takes that freaking visor off. since he's 6 inches shorter than anybody else in the league the only option a player has is to try an uppercut and that will likely get him tied up. Take off the visor, then see what happens to his pretty little face.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:14 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
Fact: No matter how defenseless, how blind to the play, no one should ever fall from a Letowski hit. :p
Tootoo goes down when you skate by him. He is officially the NHL's worst diver. He makes it look so obvious. It's quite amusing.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:17 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will not respect Tootoo and his style of play until he takes that freaking visor off. since he's 6 inches shorter than anybody else in the league the only option a player has is to try an uppercut and that will likely get him tied up. Take off the visor, then see what happens to his pretty little face.
Nash wore his visor the entire fight with Zidlicky....do you hate Nash? He had ample time....AMPLE time to take it off. Tootoo's has only been on in a handful of fights anyways.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:18 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
Tootoo goes down when you skate by him. He is officially the NHL's worst diver. He makes it look so obvious. It's quite amusing.

has he been called for diving yet? maybe 1 time so if he dives so much and has only been caught once I'd say that would make him one of the NHLs best divers.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:19 PM
hillbilly

Quote:
Tootoo might not answer to heavies when he fights but atleast he answers for his physical play to someone. Nash didn't even want to fight Zidlicky

Old
01-30-2004, 07:20 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
so now you want players to get injured or something? Putting on a visor doesn't make you less tough. But the visor debate is for another thread. And it's not like he's unhittable either.
Besides, don't most guys wearing visors doff the helmet once they get into a fight?

Old
01-30-2004, 07:22 PM
hillbilly

I think visored players should take there helmet off but if it's at the spur of the moment what are you gonna do. both zidlicky and Nash wear visors as well as Tootoo. The one fight where Tootoo squared off with his opponent he discarded his helmet

Old
01-30-2004, 07:23 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
oh yeah., I forgot about that Iginla whippin. Thanks, fond memories.
Only in Nashville does 2 punches count as a whippin.

I suppose Zidlicky layed a whippin on Nash last night.

I'm sorry, I forgot that the Preds are the toughest team in the NHL.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:27 PM
hillbilly

Quote:
Only in Nashville does 2 punches count as a whippin.

I suppose Zidlicky layed a whippin on Nash last night.

I'm sorry, I forgot that the Preds are the toughest team in the NHL.

you name me 5 teams that are tougher? when it comes to team toughness they are hard to beat. the only 2 that are as tough or maybe tougher are Toronto and the Islanders. Toronto is probably the toughest with the isles trailing Nashville by a little bit. Calgary is no slouch either. but most of there fighting majors come from 1 person

Old
01-30-2004, 07:28 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
I think visored players should take there helmet off but if it's at the spur of the moment what are you gonna do. both zidlicky and Nash wear visors as well as Tootoo. The one fight where Tootoo squared off with his opponent he discarded his helmet
But he would not do that with Iggy....okay.

Iginla was standing there waiting for him to square off but Tootoo just put his head down so he was protected by the visor....and started throwing. The point is that Iginla either takes the helmet off or lifts his visor up so that his face is open for punches. Tootoo just hides behind the visor instead. That is what gets people so mad. Its not that he is so effective at what he is doing, it's that he has no regard or respect for other players.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:30 PM
CBJSlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Nash wore his visor the entire fight with Zidlicky....do you hate Nash? He had ample time....AMPLE time to take it off. Tootoo's has only been on in a handful of fights anyways.
Since that was both of their first NHL fights I will discard that point. The only agitator I can think of that wore a visor is Claude Lemiux. Just as many players nowadays it seems get cut wearing visor than those who don't. I've never seen a shot puck go off of somebodies visor though.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:32 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
has he been called for diving yet? maybe 1 time so if he dives so much and has only been caught once I'd say that would make him one of the NHLs best divers.
Saprykin only has 1 diving penalty for the Flames but I can take the homer glasses off and see that he does it a lot more than he gets called for. Same goes with Tootoo. Forsberg hardly ever gets called for it but he is lynched on these boards all the time.

So what you are saying is if someone cheap shots other players repeatedly but does not get called for it, they are not a cheap shot artist. That's some pretty weird logic if you ask me.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:38 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Garfield how many Flames games do you go to a year?

Old
01-30-2004, 07:41 PM
Marconius

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast
Have you seen the finger? Oh wait, you were there for the situation right, so you know exactly how it happened, not only that but you can tell from a few scattered facts coupled with your homer bias that Tootoo is the innocent party here.

Gimme a break. You just made a bunch of stuff up.
Take everything in this post and apply it to the TooToo-sucks argument. It blows me away that Tootoo haters can speculate all day long about what happened, but as soon as a supporter steps up with a possible alternate scenario he gets slammed with "You weren't there on the ice, you don't know what happened"
Seems to be 1 scenario is just as likely as the other and none of us was on the ice to know what really happened

Old
01-30-2004, 07:45 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Garfield how many Flames games do you go to a year?
Usually try to make it out for at least one. It's kind of thousands of miles away from me. I have the NHL package so I watch 75-80 a year depending on how many are not televised. Is my opinion no good now because I don't have season tickets ??

Old
01-30-2004, 07:46 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Usually try to make it out for at least one. It's kind of thousands of miles away from me. I have the NHL package so I watch 75-80 a year depending on how many are not televised. Is my opinion no good now because I don't have season tickets ??
Your opinion on ticket sales doesn't.

Your opinion on hockey is fine, you know something about hockey.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
The way I see it. If there is a scrum and Tootoo was getting face washed it is entirely possible that Wright got his finger in his mouth and Tootoo closed his mouth unintentionally. It would be another thing if he was bleeding big time from the finger, like from a prolonged biting.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:49 PM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionatedMike
First off, I never said Tootoo shouldn't be suspended for his actions, the NHL if they feel it right will come down on him. My point is this, Tyler Wright made a comment that people of Inuit descent are cannibals.
He was obviously referring to the "raw meat" angle. (If you can disprove that Inuits don't treat raw whale as a delicacy, go ahead.) Your leap to "TYLER WRIGHT SAID ALL INUITS ARE CANNIBALS!!!!!!" is misinformed, ignorant, and just plain silly.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:54 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Your opinion on ticket sales doesn't.

Your opinion on hockey is fine, you know something about hockey.
Yeah, I know the Flames are going to get a playoff spot even if it comes at the expense of the Preds.

Just kidding, I really hope that both make it. If LA would just F-off, I don't think we have to worry about PHX, EDM, MIN etc.... If LA tanks, I think we are both in.

Old
01-30-2004, 08:03 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yeah, I know the Flames are going to get a playoff spot even if it comes at the expense of the Preds.

Just kidding, I really hope that both make it. If LA would just F-off, I don't think we have to worry about PHX, EDM, MIN etc.... If LA tanks, I think we are both in.
It's a tight race for sure, you can go from 9th to 5th in one night or from 5th to 9th.

Old
01-30-2004, 08:09 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's a tight race for sure, you can go from 9th to 5th in one night or from 5th to 9th.
1. Toots never fights with his helmet on.

2. It is wishful thinking but Id rather see BLues, Canucks, Avs, and Wings tank. A Edmonton, Calgary, Nashville, Phoenix , playoff series would be great.

Im glad to see Calgary, Nashville, and San Jose doing so well. Itis time for a new era of winners in the West!

Old
01-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Ejh18

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
1. Toots never fights with his helmet on.
He did last night.

He did last game against CBJ.

Old
01-30-2004, 09:01 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejh18
He did last night.

He did last game against CBJ.

And he did against matheiu Dandenault, who was easily hanlding himself considering dandy is to fighting what Boyd Devereaux is to Goal Scoring....... infact once Dandy got Tootoo's helmet off, the refs jumped in and stopped the fight.

Old
01-30-2004, 09:09 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
And he did against matheiu Dandenault, who was easily hanlding himself considering dandy is to fighting what Boyd Devereaux is to Goal Scoring....... infact once Dandy got Tootoo's helmet off, the refs jumped in and stopped the fight.
And he wore his helmet with Iginla as well. He actually used it and the visor as an Iggy-shield.

Old
01-30-2004, 09:26 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50

good grief, please pull the chord on this ridiculous thread.

Closed Thread