HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dwyer recalled... sort of!

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2004, 07:05 PM
Necrophile

vCash: 500
Dwyer recalled... sort of!

According to Friday's edition of Le Journal de Montréal, the Habs originally called up Gordie Dwyer to play vs Buff and Minny, but Dwyer had to pay a visit to the hospital for some kind of shoulder infection, if I recall correctly, and therefore could not join the team.

That seems strange. Does this mean that they would have tried out Ward on the 2nd line had Dwyer been able to play for MTL?

Old
01-30-2004, 07:25 PM
Playr050

Send a message via AIM to Playr050
Ward didn't play against Buffalo. Dwyer would've taken Komisarek's spot on the fourth line.

Edit: I just re-read your post. I don't think they expected Ward back so soon, or had a definite date for his return.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playr050
Ward didn't play against Buffalo. Dwyer would've taken Komisarek's spot on the fourth line.

Edit: I just re-read your post. I don't think they expected Ward back so soon, or had a definite date for his return.
Thanks for refreshing my failing memory!
But if they expected Ward to be injured, then that would leave 2 roster spots open: 4th line winger, and 2nd line winger.

If they had recalled Dwyer, there would have been no use playing either Dwyer or Komi (the only 2 remaining healthy players?) on the 2nd line. What would they have done then? Call up Balej too and sit Komi?

Old
01-30-2004, 07:58 PM
Natural Habs Fan

I think playing all the enforcers you have against Buffalo is a good idea. I swear that Ruff is a dirty coach.

Old
01-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
I think playing all the enforcers you have against Buffalo is a good idea. I swear that Ruff is a dirty coach.
I totally agree with you. I remember one Buf vs Mtl game this season where he sent his 4th line out on the first shift of the game! Or when he gets pissed off about losing the game, he sends out his 700-pound wrecking crew! Not losing by 1 goal to spark the team, but losing by 2 or more goals and wanting to unleash frustration. Pathetic.

It's sad the Sabres have such a dirty, old-school coach. They really have great prospects that need development (Kalinin, Afinogenov, etc), and I believe Buffalo could thrive under a Lemaire or Robinson type of coach.

Closed Thread