HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Stevens all-star replacement

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 01:33 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones
Souray is in. With Gonchar injured, Ottawa already sending 3 players, and Toronto sending 2 players, NJ should have Rafalski to replace Stevens, as all 3 NJ players were voted in. Poti replaced Leetch as NYR's sole representative last year, but I believe he also may have been leading D in scoring at the time of his selection. I could see making a case for Tarnstrom, just to represent Pittsburgh, and being that I think this may be his only chance. Rafalski was selected in 2002 for the North American roster, but was replaced by Chelios due to injury. Nashville and Phoenix were not represented last year.
Is Rafalski better than Chara or McCabe? Nope, I didn't think so. This is the all-star game, not the New Jersey Devils quota system. Since the Devils already have two players going, there is no need to satify any quota's on their end.

Old
01-31-2004, 03:54 PM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
Is Rafalski better than Chara or McCabe? Nope, I didn't think so. This is the all-star game, not the New Jersey Devils quota system. Since the Devils already have two players going, there is no need to satify any quota's on their end.
Yet Gary Roberts and Keith Primeau made the team...

Old
01-31-2004, 04:08 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Fine, since it is the allstar game I think Roberts should be sent home so an actually talented LW Elias can go. Is Roberts as good as Elias.....no.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:45 PM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Fine, since it is the allstar game I think Roberts should be sent home so an actually talented LW Elias can go. Is Roberts as good as Elias.....no.
This will make me sound like a homer but I completely agree. There is no way a Roberts is better than Elias and he definately deserved to be there over him.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:10 PM
Hecht

Tarnstrom would be a nice pick to go.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:12 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
It's the Bizzaro world All-Star game. Ribeiro, Elias, Havlat and Savard all deserve to be there ahead of Primeau, Roberts and Messier. Mess I can accept as a career achievement award and the Rangers needed a rep. The other two

As for the defense, Chara, McCabe and to a lesser extent Rafalski are all good choices. But knowing the clowns who picked the team this season, I fully expect another bizzaro world pick such as Eric Weinrich.

Old
01-31-2004, 06:14 PM
Hemmer

Quote:
It's the Bizzaro world All-Star game. Ribeiro, Elias, Havlat and Savard all deserve to be there ahead of Primeau, Roberts and Messier. Mess I can accept as a career achievement award and the Rangers needed a rep. The other two

As for the defense, Chara, McCabe and to a lesser extent Rafalski are all good choices. But knowing the clowns who picked the team this season, I fully expect another bizzaro world pick such as Eric Weinrich.
Brisbois.

Old
01-31-2004, 06:16 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer
Brisbois.
The weird part is Brisebois deserves to be at the game more than Primeau, likely the worst all-star pick I have ever seen.

Old
01-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
i would take Kalinin

Old
01-31-2004, 07:18 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
I'd love to see Tarnstrom in there since the Pens don't have a representative but Gonchar and Chara deserve it more.

Old
01-31-2004, 07:48 PM
SumOfUs

I think Chara deserves to go but they will probably end up picking Rafalski.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:07 AM
Tao Jones

Quote:
The starters are the fans' choice, nothing to do with any quota. The NJD had the most starters voted in by the fans for the EC. Why add insult too injury(literally) by selecting more Sens or Leafs players for a total equaling more than the amount of Devils players that were chosen by the fans?

Old
02-01-2004, 05:14 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmeimasensfan
They do? I believe Alfie, Hossa and Redden are in the big game and Spezza got snubbed for the Young Stars.

Who was it you thought was in the Young Stars, kmad?

Anyway, good point about Chara - if the Sens have too many, I'd rather have seen him go than Redden - he fits the Allstar game stuff better with his hard shot and his height. More interesting for the fans.
never mind, I was thinking Colorado (Tanguay, Blake, Sauve)

Old
02-01-2004, 05:20 AM
Tao Jones

Quote:
Mess I can accept as a career achievement award and the Rangers needed a rep.
Why do the NYR need a rep? Is there an NYR quota? And don't give me that Original Six, larger market BS.

Briere and Drury have better numbers than Messier. Does Buffalo have a rep? Nope.

Holik and Lindros(although he would have had to be replaced) have better numbers than Messier.

This is an all-star game, not an old-timers HOF game.

Old
02-01-2004, 07:18 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones
Why do the NYR need a rep? Is there an NYR quota? And don't give me that Original Six, larger market BS.

Briere and Drury have better numbers than Messier. Does Buffalo have a rep? Nope.

Holik and Lindros(although he would have had to be replaced) have better numbers than Messier.

This is an all-star game, not an old-timers HOF game.
Every team has to have at least one rep on either the all star game or the youngstars game. Nobody in the Rangers organization deserved to go, so you might as well give it to Mess, who at least has his career achievements. Buffalo, who also have no all-star calibre players this year, have their rep playing in the youngstars game.

Old
02-01-2004, 10:35 AM
Tao Jones

I guess that's what happens when you don't ice any youth in favor of veterans. You guarantee your logo making an appearance in prime time. :p

Closed Thread