HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The "Brad Richards Trade Speculation" thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2008, 09:32 PM
El Duderino

vCash: 500
Yes, I heard that rumour on the Pratt and Taylor show.. Bourdon + Schneider for Richards. As a Canucks fan, I'd do it. However, I'm not too sure if TB would do it.

Old
02-22-2008, 09:33 PM
detredWINgs

In my opinion, it would be in Columbus' best interest to go after Richards. He seems like the type of guy that could put them over the top. Richards centering Nash and Modin would be a great 1st line for a budding franchise, and they really need to make their playoff debut.

Old
02-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurush View Post
Yes, I heard that rumour on the Pratt and Taylor show.. Bourdon + Schneider for Richards. As a Canucks fan, I'd do it. However, I'm not too sure if TB would do it.
lol of course youd do it as a canucks fan... If you wouldnt do it you would be crazy.

Old
02-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Pothier

I laugh at the delusional people that think he's going to fetch anything of great value. Assuming they hold on to Lecavalier, they should be looking at trading St. Louis, who would get a nice return.

For somebody that is making 7.8 million dollars and not even living up to half of that, it's going to be hard for Jay to get top prospects/high picks.

Old
02-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigorodov's Hands View Post
I laugh at the delusional people that think he's going to fetch anything of great value. Assuming they hold on to Lecavalier, they should be looking at trading St. Louis, who would get a nice return.

For somebody that is making 7.8 million dollars and not even living up to half of that, it's going to be hard for Jay to get top prospects/high picks.
Marian Hossa?

Old
02-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigorodov's Hands View Post

Yeah who would want the record holder for GWGs in the playoffs?
Who would want a Conn-Smythe Winner?
Who would want a Stanley Cup Champion?

Id say about 16 of the 16 teams going into the playoffs. Thats who.

Old
02-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Yzerplan
I has one.

What I don't think a lot of people truly understand is...the Lightning do not have to trade Richards at all. Think about that one.

Old
02-22-2008, 11:12 PM
alternate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplitersniper View Post
I would kill Feaster myself if he did that. That is horrible and nowhere close to what he could and SHOULD get for Richards.
I actually think its a pretty good deal for you. That contract is super ugly and every GM is going to exploit that. basically, you're dumping salary and what ever return you get is icing. and this deal brings you good return.

Bourdon is going to be a good defenceman and he's ready for the NHL. if this deal goes through, Bourdon will step into your lineup and get some games under his belt and be ready to step up next season.

it then makes Boyle expendable. you move him in a second deal and probably get a young offensive player in the package. so the deal becomes Richards and Boyle for Bourdon, Schneider, replacement for Richards, pick/prospec, pick/prospect, and a bunch of cap room to go after a #1 goalie.

And Scheider is then another tradeable assett. I don't know anything about your GT prospects, but I'd say Schneider would get a mid-to-late 1st on draft day. either keep the 2 GTs you like the most, and trade the third for a pick, or move whichever one brings back the most value. But with Richards contract, I don't see many GMs giving a blue-chip prospect and a 1st, but this deal does.

Old
02-22-2008, 11:12 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
What I don't think a lot of people truly understand is...the Lightning do not have to trade Richards at all. Think about that one.
....unless Oren Koules says they do.

Old
02-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Eagle Eye Cherry
guitar player

how about he goes to a club with tons of tagging space?

Old
02-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Yeah who would want the record holder for GWGs in the playoffs?
Who would want a Conn-Smythe Winner?
Who would want a Stanley Cup Champion?

Id say about 16 of the 16 teams going into the playoffs. Thats who.
Not many teams can afford to take on Richards contract without sending back significant salary to Tampa Bay. The Lightning probably won't be willing to take on much salary and that limits their suitors significantly. If Tampa's willing to take a salary dump back in the deal than I would think they could expect a great return. On the other hand if they're not, I wouldn't expect too much in return.

Old
02-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
lol of course youd do it as a canucks fan... If you wouldnt do it you would be crazy.
I'm a canucks fan and I think acquiring Brad Richards would be terrible. He is grossly overpaid at $7.8 mil. Regardless of his revolving linemates (havn't seen much of tampa but I think he's had a lot of inferior linemates?) , he still only has 18 goals and 50 points in 61 games. Sure that'd help the canucks, but not at a long term cost of the salary space of two good players. He is a playmaker who has never scored more than 26 goals. Great, he can set plays up, but who on the canucks will finish?

Old
02-22-2008, 11:54 PM
BJo

Does a 2nd, Gervais, and Comeau get you anywhere close? Or replace the 2nd with Tambellini? Or am i way off?

Old
02-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
They don't "have to." They also don't "have to" sign Boyle for the huge increase he is looking for and they don't "have to" go out a find a quality NHL goaltender either.

Its just a smarter move to take money from the forward position and actually invest some in the defense and goalie positions for a more well rounded team unless they want to spend every penny allowed under the cap limit.

Old
02-23-2008, 01:18 AM
VanCanucks14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
I'm a canucks fan and I think acquiring Brad Richards would be terrible. He is grossly overpaid at $7.8 mil. Regardless of his revolving linemates (havn't seen much of tampa but I think he's had a lot of inferior linemates?) , he still only has 18 goals and 50 points in 61 games. Sure that'd help the canucks, but not at a long term cost of the salary space of two good players. He is a playmaker who has never scored more than 26 goals. Great, he can set plays up, but who on the canucks will finish?
As a Canuck fan I don't think Richards would exactly be a good fit on the Canucks but Bourdon + Schneider for him would be a great deal for the Canucks but I don't see why TB would consider doing it.

Old
02-23-2008, 01:20 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
Yes, they can continue to suck.

Old
02-23-2008, 02:25 AM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulisian Spinorama View Post
Yes, they can continue to suck.
Yeah, they're top heavy payroll structure isn't exactly, "working out"

Old
02-23-2008, 02:46 AM
Agent007

people have to stop fantasizing about equal value trades and understand that there are going to be deals made in the cap era that aren't exactly equal value.

We've already seen Andy Mcdonald traded for Doug Weight and if anyone believes that was an equal value trade well they're out of their mind.

Since joining the Blues Mcdonald has 24 points in 27 games while Weight has 9 points in 25 games since joining the Ducks.

I think it's pretty clear to see who got the better end of that deal. But the reason Anaheim made that deal was because they've got cap issues and they needed to clear cap space.

Tampa also has cap issues. There's no way they are going to be able to sign Boyle and add a starting netminder with the way their team is structured. Trading Richards for prospects is exactly what they are going to need to do.

Now there are a few issues with this as well. Richards can choose where he wants to go, he's got a cap hit of 7.8 million dollars for the next 3 seasons and he hasn't exactly had a great season.

What Tampa is going to do is look around the league to see what they can get for Richards at this point of the season. If they find a deal they can live with then they'll present it to Richards and hope he'll waive his NMC. However if they don't find anything at this point then it's pretty safe to say that they'll try hard to deal him at the draft or perhaps as late as the summer.

The fact is it's very likely that Richards is not going to be a Lightning at the start of next season.

If Vancouver does in fact trade for Richards they aren't going to want to mortgage the farm for Richards. The only way Vancouver can make Richards work is if they've got enough young talent that they can put in the lineup.

Personally I'm hoping that Nonis goes after a guy like Jokinen or even Jeff Carter instead of Richards however if the asking price is going to be Bourdon, Schneider and 2nd round draft pick then it might be worth it.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Old
02-23-2008, 03:02 AM
TOML

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckmatch View Post
Yeah, they're top heavy payroll structure isn't exactly, "working out"
-Yeah, Tampa Bay's top 3 are cheaper than Detroit's.
-The difference, of course, is that Detroit has a ton more scoring depth than every team in the league. When healthy.

Quote:
-His performance has been okay, considering he's had mono this season and had to play with Ouellet and Hlavac all season long except when on the powerplay.
-Imagine the depth at center when Morrison is back. Sedin, Richards, Morrison and Kesler. Pretty decent.
-Like it or not, 7.8mil for Richards is going to look like a bargain pretty quick. And that's why the Canucks should consider getting him or somebody else already signed via trade. Because there's no way they're getting any expensive UFA's anytime soon.

Last edited by TOML: 02-23-2008 at 03:07 AM.
Old
02-23-2008, 03:37 AM
Popcorn_Shrimp*

Just for fun

Im not saying its fair value..but if i were DN this is what i'd offer.

Schneider + Bourdon + 1st08 + salary dump(morrison)

Richards + Ouellet +2nd09

Old
02-23-2008, 03:47 AM
JustinW

Could someone please tell me why brad richards was drafted in the 3rd round and lecavalier was 1st round although they had similar points in junior.

Old
02-23-2008, 03:52 AM
Popcorn_Shrimp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinW View Post
Could someone please tell me why brad richards was drafted in the 3rd round and lecavalier was 1st round although they had similar points in junior.

not sure why....they played on the same team...i remember there was TONS of lecavalier hype...he was bigger...he was seen to have made players around him (richards) better.

There were many Lecavalier-Lemieux comparisons near the draft.

Old
02-23-2008, 04:04 AM
JustinW

yeah they were saying lecavalier was the jordan of hockey, but damn richards fell all the way to 64th overall

Old
02-23-2008, 05:53 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The Dispatch reported the Blue Jackets could be willing to deal Rostislav Klesla, a sound 25-year-old defenseman, touted center Derick Brassard (or fellow first-rounder Gilbert Brule) and a first- or second-round pick.
http://www.sptimes.com/2008/02/23/Li...tedly_ey.shtml

Old
02-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Zim

Would something like Skille + Ruutu + Lang for Richards interest Tampa?

Lang is old but he is signed to a decent contract considering he is a legitimate 2nd line centre. Ruutu will add some immediate help on the wings where Tampa seem to lack depth and Skille juding by his showings in the NHL this year should be ready for full time NHL duty next year.

EDIT: If that Columbus offer is to be believed you can discount this post.

Closed Thread