HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

0t- Ps3 , Xbox , Wii

View Poll Results: Which one would you rather have and why?
PS3 38 40.00%
XBOX 40 42.11%
WII 17 17.89%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2008, 07:42 PM
  #26
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by faulkdp View Post
Which one is better and why?
I have a PS3 at home, but we don't play games at all. We only watch blu-ray. It's a fantastic bluray player and an excellent upconverting DVD player.

I know nothing about gaming, though.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:43 PM
  #27
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
Ok seriously whats the big deal with halo? I loved the first one and the second one was good but the third come off it. Its suppose to be next gen, and it looks and feels like counterstrike which has been out for years now. To me its just an oridnary shooter which offers nothing new or different. Maybe i'm missing something here but i just dont get it. Flame Away
Personally, I don't think Halo is anything special.

I'm just saying Uncharted is as good as X-Box fan boys think Halo is.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:44 PM
  #28
BigM1ke
Registered User
 
BigM1ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Drummondville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
I have an Xbox 360 and it's totally amazing! Call of duty 4 is the best game I've ever played! And on Xbox Live, it's 10 times better!

I'm not saying PS3 is bad, I never really tried it, but I'm realy satisfied with my Xbox 360. The only thing pissing me off is that MLB 08 : The Show is only on PS3!! DAMN!

BigM1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:45 PM
  #29
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,725
vCash: 500
I have a Wii and i love it! Its very versatile and the games that are coming out are great!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:46 PM
  #30
CrazyShea
Registered User
 
CrazyShea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Personally, I don't think Halo is anything special.

I'm just saying Uncharted is as good as X-Box fan boys think Halo is.
oh i know i just quoted you cause i see you mention it instead of bringing it out of no where

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:46 PM
  #31
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 9,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermy View Post
Wii bowling is pretty fun though lol
Actually I think it sucks. REAL bowling is much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
I have a PS3 at home, but we don't play games at all. We only watch blu-ray. It's a fantastic bluray player and an excellent upconverting DVD player.

I know nothing about gaming, though.
So it does upconvert my regular DVD's????

les Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:48 PM
  #32
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM1ke View Post
I have an Xbox 360 and it's totally amazing! Call of duty 4 is the best game I've ever played! And on Xbox Live, it's 10 times better!

I'm not saying PS3 is bad, I never really tried it, but I'm realy satisfied with my Xbox 360. The only thing pissing me off is that MLB 08 : The Show is only on PS3!! DAMN!
Call of Duty 4 is amazing on the PS3 too. ****ing amazing game.


HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sucks to be you about the Show. I downloaded the demo two days ago.. and I haven't stopped playing it. It's such an incredible step up from MLB: The Show 07.. and that game was as good as I thought a baseball game could be. Wow. That's the word to describe how amazing this game is.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:49 PM
  #33
Sumhabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I think that's pretty unfair.

PS3 has really picked up in the past few months. Yes, their RPG selection is incredible and will only get better with two Final Fantasy games coming out in the near future.

But I have Fifa 08, NHL 08, Virtua Tennis and they are all incredible, fun games.

And same with action games; I'd place Uncharted on the same level as Halo. Rachet and Clank is just incredible.
Its true that ps3 line up is good overall but really, wich franchise you have in your head when your thinking Playstation? I think old playstation fan will have 2 words. FINAL FANTASY.

Of course you have all the 3rd party multi-platform stuff on ps3 and 360 so I dont see the point of saying that ps3 has sports titles when they have better scores in critics on 360.

Sumhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:49 PM
  #34
alexstream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Already did.

Yesterday, Toshiba announced HD-DVD was dead.
lol, earlier than expected. I thought they would try to battle till the end of the year... actually, most geek mags were saying it was the war to watch in 2008

wow

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:49 PM
  #35
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
360 - more games, better games, the best online service

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:49 PM
  #36
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Call of Duty 4 is amazing on the PS3 too. ****ing amazing game.


HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sucks to be you about the Show. I downloaded the demo two days ago.. and I haven't stopped playing it. It's such an incredible step up from MLB: The Show 07.. and that game was as good as I thought a baseball game could be. Wow. That's the word to describe how amazing this game is.
But its way better in PC.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:50 PM
  #37
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
So it does upconvert my regular DVD's????
All Blu-Ray (as well as HD-DVD [Goodbye!]) players will upconvert to an extent. PS3 has been described as the best "Bang for your Buck" Blu-Ray player. There are better options, but they cost double or triple. And half of the Blu-Ray players under $1,000 (usually $800+) are worse than the PS3's player.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:51 PM
  #38
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
Ok seriously whats the big deal with halo? I loved the first one and the second one was good but the third come off it. Its suppose to be next gen, and it looks and feels like counterstrike which has been out for years now. To me its just an oridnary shooter which offers nothing new or different. Maybe i'm missing something here but i just dont get it. Flame Away
i thought so too at first.. i played it a 2nd time, hated it still. gave it a last try and i have been in love with it since. There's just so many things you can do in the game and you need to skill to be a good player.

It's not "complicated" on the surface but it's in the finer things like weapon selection/moving/aiming and using the map that makes it fun. IT's just a very fun game to play and relax with.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:51 PM
  #39
Sumhabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Karamazov View Post


Now, you do.

So DS is for girls because you have the possibility to have a PINK DS? I think there are like 7 colors for the DS. Comon

Sumhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:51 PM
  #40
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
But its way better in PC.
I'm sure you have your preference, but I find that extremely hard to believe.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:52 PM
  #41
alexstream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I think that's pretty unfair.

PS3 has really picked up in the past few months. Yes, their RPG selection is incredible and will only get better with two Final Fantasy games coming out in the near future.

But I have Fifa 08, NHL 08, Virtua Tennis and they are all incredible, fun games.

And same with action games; I'd place Uncharted on the same level as Halo. Rachet and Clank is just incredible.
Call of Duty 4 is the same on both.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:54 PM
  #42
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumhabs View Post
Its true that ps3 line up is good overall but really, wich franchise you have in your head when your thinking Playstation? I think old playstation fan will have 2 words. FINAL FANTASY.

Of course you have all the 3rd party multi-platform stuff on ps3 and 360 so I dont see the point of saying that ps3 has sports titles when they have better scores in critics on 360.
The only reason they have better scores (usually by 0.1) is because that X-Box 360 was released first and companies were waiting back to see who will win the war. They developed the 360 gaming platform first, and simply are porting most of the sports games to PS3.

With PS3 gaining steam and getting more sales, a lot of companies have said they will be designing a complete game system for the PS3 which should improve the frame-rate to fix that 0.1 mark deduction.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:54 PM
  #43
CrazyShea
Registered User
 
CrazyShea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumhabs View Post
Its true that ps3 line up is good overall but really, wich franchise you have in your head when your thinking Playstation? I think old playstation fan will have 2 words. FINAL FANTASY.

Of course you have all the 3rd party multi-platform stuff on ps3 and 360 so I dont see the point of saying that ps3 has sports titles when they have better scores in critics on 360.
I think the review sites are pretty biased around the xbox360. And from what we have seen from gamespot(the kane and lynch incident) i dont really trust reviews from those sites. If you listen to game scores you will miss out on alot of good games. Nhl08 is identical to me for xbox and ps3 but i think xbox has 60fps and ps3 runs on 30.

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:55 PM
  #44
Astaroth
Registered User
 
Astaroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 1,651
vCash: 500
BLU-Ray man. BLU-Ray.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:57 PM
  #45
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,004
vCash: 500
One thing I forgot to mention about the Wii, is that it easily has the best downloadable games available.

They have Nintendo, SNES, and N64 games available for download for fairly cheap.

I've picked up Donkey 1-3 for SNES as well as Super Mario World for SNES... and the one & only BLADES OF STEEL for NES.

Just awesome stuff.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:57 PM
  #46
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Not a big gamer, but I do have the Wii and quite enjoy it. Guitar Hero is fun, and the games actually get you off your a$$ as well.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 08:03 PM
  #47
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
lol, earlier than expected. I thought they would try to battle till the end of the year... actually, most geek mags were saying it was the war to watch in 2008

wow
Prompted by big studios taking up their escape clauses to back off from HDDVD...

I saw it comin a mile away

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
I think the review sites are pretty biased around the xbox360. And from what we have seen from gamespot(the kane and lynch incident) i dont really trust reviews from those sites. If you listen to game scores you will miss out on alot of good games. Nhl08 is identical to me for xbox and ps3 but i think xbox has 60fps and ps3 runs on 30.

Most NAmerican mags have been a$$kissin MS for years as they are the biggest PC games Distributor/creator, its not surprising...

NHL09 will probably run at 60fps on PS3, it came out before the Cell processor had softwares to better manage it, making programming PS3 games a lot harder.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 08:06 PM
  #48
Spectaculard
Trout109HR330RBI407R
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumhabs View Post
So DS is for girls because you have the possibility to have a PINK DS? I think there are like 7 colors for the DS. Comon
The thing has a pen. Anything with a pen must be for girls.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 08:07 PM
  #49
faulkdp*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
PS3


1- HDDVD is Dead, long live bluray and one of the cheapest BR player you can buy is the PS3, one of the best game system on the market

2- I right off won't a Wii (until it gets really cheap, even tho it already is, as GTA4 won't be on it.

3- 360 costs as much if you want the same capabilities as the PS3 (HDDVDrom is an add-on, and well, its now DEAD)

4- 360s are crap hardware that break ten times more than PS3

5- You can load Fedora O/S on PS3

6- I hate 360 controller, have always prefered Sony's

7- Game developers will like the Sony dev library a whole lot, which is totally open-source and means that in the upcomming years you will see amazing games like you haven't seen on any other game system. (mind you we all know PCs can be far better at a 1000$ price tag)

8- MGS4

9- GranTurismo4 (or is it 5... i don't remember)

10- You can add one SATA hard drive of any size, or HD book in USB connection.

11- 2 HDMI ports

12- most importantly. I HATE Microsoft

SO PS3 1st and a Wii fo sho
what is this You can load Fedora O/S on PS3

faulkdp* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 08:07 PM
  #50
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
The thing has a pen. Anything with a pen must be for girls.
PocketPCs??? Hello?

Never had a HTC or Tréo?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.