HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are the Coyotes yet again a one-line team?

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2004, 06:46 PM
PhoPhan

vCash: 500
Are the Coyotes yet again a one-line team?

I personally don't think so, but after the way everyone was so happy due to the loss of Roenick and Tkachuk, you'd think each of this team's lines was equal. We are certainly deeper now than we were before, but it seems like the last two seasons we have had one line that really stood out (Nagy-Langkow-Doan/Johnson).

Old
01-30-2004, 07:41 PM
Dancing Chicken

we finally have some players who will add alot more support in Branko, Freddy, Hirdina, Taffe plus others.. The one thing this team dose need is leadership, I still belive this.. Also the System or lack of takes into effect on the players.. I still think this team has the players to be great but we NEED a coaching change..

Old
01-30-2004, 07:46 PM
YotesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
I personally don't think so, but after the way everyone was so happy due to the loss of Roenick and Tkachuk, you'd think each of this team's lines was equal. We are certainly deeper now than we were before, but it seems like the last two seasons we have had one line that really stood out (Nagy-Langkow-Doan/Johnson).
I think this year we have 2 lines. Doan,Langkow, and either nagy,savage, or possibly sjostrom. And then we have Nagy Hrdina Branko. Although it's probably more like one and half lines

Once johnson gets back I think we'll have two quality lines. Johnson,Langkow,Doan. Nagy Hrdina Branko (sub savage in thier when wanted.)

Old
01-30-2004, 08:56 PM

If you figure that we still don't have any true first line players, I would say a 1 line team would be fairly accurate. I can't remember a time when we ever were more than a 1 line team.

In the future, if we develop solid players, and guys like Nagy & Doan continue to progress, then we'll have some legit first liners. Doan & Nagy are the closest thing to it, but would be 2nd liners on most other teams that are playoff bound.

Old
01-30-2004, 09:03 PM
PhoPhan

I would have to say that at this point, it is not a stretch to call Nagy and Doan first line players. Look at the numbers.

Old
01-30-2004, 09:30 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Saddly I come to think sometimes that the only consistent good line we have is represented by the goaltending department. Burke and Boucher are requested to win far too many games by theirselves. That is the situation at this time but I think we may have potentially two future great lines if Doan and Nagy continue to develop their hability and the prospects reach another level or two of play.
But none of our young players have been selected for the young players All Stars and that means something. We have been pleasantly surprised by Sjostrom or Taffe globally but if we have a look around and check with the other rookies in the league, we find that probably they are having an average rookie year.
Make no mistakes, it is not bad but i don't think we are generally very deep in prospects. A few years back we were atrociously light in prospects so now it looks better but I feel that this 2004 draft is very important and I believe we need to find something special.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:52 AM
hbk

are we a one line team? Probably closer to a line and two thirds at this point. certainly our offense has been fairly good at various times throughout the year. We really miss the presence of Tanabe. He brought options on moving the puck out of the defensive zone that we don't have now. Our team is now fairly easy to trap and defend against as we don't have the speed of Tanabe to break through. Also, the decrease in the offensive output of Nagy (he's drifted back towards being more of a perimeter player in recent weeks which is a far cry from how he was playing earlier this season) has also hurt our efforts as of late. Lately, it's been all Doan. We need more guys to bring their game up to a higher level. The loss of Tanabe is huge though.

Closed Thread