HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Am I alone.........?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2004, 03:06 PM
  #1
Dragon
Registered User
 
Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Am I alone.........?

I don't have any hard feeling about Yanic Perreault.
Savard brought him in to buy time for our kids to develop in the minor.
He was good and was leading scoring of our team a few years ago.
Now our kids are ready and he is bumped to the 4th line.
I never hear any complain from him. Yes he is an expensive fourth liner but any team in the league has some deadwood. He still wins faceoff. He is slow and not physical but we all know that since the first day we sign him.
He is not scoring but we shouldn't expect much from a person playing on 4th line.
He is the insurance if one of our top line centre get injured.
He is in the last year of contract anyways, why do everyone want him to leave.
I imagine, if he is on another team and the Habs get him for playoff run then everyone will say Gainey made a good move to get a faceoff specialist for the playoff.
Get off Perreault's back!

Dragon is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 03:10 PM
  #2
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
I don't have any hard feeling about Yanic Perreault.
Savard brought him in to buy time for our kids to develop in the minor.
He was good and was leading scoring of our team a few years ago.
Now our kids are ready and he is bumped to the 4th line.
I never hear any complain from him. Yes he is an expensive fourth liner but any team in the league has some deadwood. He still wins faceoff. He is slow and not physical but we all know that since the first day we sign him.
He is not scoring but we shouldn't expect much from a person playing on 4th line.
He is the insurance if one of our top line centre get injured.
He is in the last year of contract anyways, why do everyone want him to leave.
I imagine, if he is on another team and the Habs get him for playoff run then everyone will say Gainey made a good move to get a faceoff specialist for the playoff.
Get off Perreault's back!
Good post.
I've always stated everybody knew what we were getting when we signed Perreault. Savard knew what we were getting. If Perreault was some defensive specialist speed demon who put up the same amount of points if would of cost us double to get him, if we could of got him at all.

Darz is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 03:14 PM
  #3
GhostOfTheForum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
What you have to ask yourself if Perrault is in the Habs future plans and as you said he has helped bring the kids along.
He is an UFA and trading him before the deadline is the only sure way of getting a return for him.
It has nothing to do with anyone not liking him. Montreal will go with the young guys and Perrault would fit into someone elses future plans

it's financial
the chances are slim that Montreal will be in the finals so I don't think we need to keep him

get what we can for him while we can

GhostOfTheForum is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 03:14 PM
  #4
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
If we make the playoffs we'll see about that....

jcpenny is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 03:14 PM
  #5
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
I don't have any hard feeling about Yanic Perreault.
Savard brought him in to buy time for our kids to develop in the minor.
He was good and was leading scoring of our team a few years ago.
Now our kids are ready and he is bumped to the 4th line.
I never hear any complain from him. Yes he is an expensive fourth liner but any team in the league has some deadwood. He still wins faceoff. He is slow and not physical but we all know that since the first day we sign him.
He is not scoring but we shouldn't expect much from a person playing on 4th line.
He is the insurance if one of our top line centre get injured.
He is in the last year of contract anyways, why do everyone want him to leave.
I imagine, if he is on another team and the Habs get him for playoff run then everyone will say Gainey made a good move to get a faceoff specialist for the playoff.
Get off Perreault's back!

I don't get why everybody keeps saying, "If Saku or Ribs go down, we'll need Perreault" The only use of Yannick Perreault as of today is his faceoff ability, that's it! He can't replace Saku or Ribs on the first two lines if they were injured because, he can't pass, can't stickhandle and he's not creative....Zednik, Bulis, Dagenais and Ryder, all need creative centers for them to succeed, nothing against Perreault, i'm not saying he's not a good player, but he no longer fits THIS teams needs, were way better of calling up Plekanec or Higgins to center the one of the first two lines if Saku or Ribs go down or at worst putting Bulis back at center.

Perreault had a good run as a Hab but it's time to part ways, and with Begin back on Saturday, I think and I hope this is the end of Perreault

417 is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 03:17 PM
  #6
Habs4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal, (Quebec)
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Perrault is the best Trade bait we've got!!

when trading guys like Hossa, Hainsey it's a big risk from management part and could come back to haunt us for a long time, while Perrault could easilly be included with a pick to acquire the third line Physical Centremen they are looking for, for the most part he's expandable now and might have some value for taem going into playoff, especially considering most of he's contract will be paid off by trading deadline.

Habs4ever is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 03:36 PM
  #7
Nielson81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I don't get why everybody keeps saying, "If Saku or Ribs go down, we'll need Perreault" The only use of Yannick Perreault as of today is his faceoff ability, that's it! He can't replace Saku or Ribs on the first two lines if they were injured because, he can't pass, can't stickhandle and he's not creative....Zednik, Bulis, Dagenais and Ryder, all need creative centers for them to succeed, nothing against Perreault, i'm not saying he's not a good player, but he no longer fits THIS teams needs, were way better of calling up Plekanec or Higgins to center the one of the first two lines if Saku or Ribs go down or at worst putting Bulis back at center.

Perreault had a good run as a Hab but it's time to part ways, and with Begin back on Saturday, I think and I hope this is the end of Perreault
The way I look at Perrault and Ribs are similar players, both are slow and soft, the only difference between them is Ribs has great hands and vision while Perrault has a very accurate shot and is great on face offs.

If you watch them both play, they both will steer wide of the physical play, which is the reason why Perrault has never been an impact player and why Mike's potential is only as a 55-60 point man.

Unbiased Canadian

Nielson81 is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 03:41 PM
  #8
BigM1ke
Registered User
 
BigM1ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Drummondville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Perreault, EXCEPT winning faceoffs, is doing absolutely nothing to help his team.

He's not forechecking, no bodychecks, not scoring anymore (I know that being on the 4th line isn't helping), makes bad passes, loses the puck always, etc.

Claude Julien wouldn't put him on the 4th line if he was helping the team, think about it. Perreault is one of the laziest players I've ever seen. Each time he has the puck, you can predict a turnover for the other team and I'm not even kidding. He's too soft. He's not giving his 110%. Just watch Perreault's work ethic vs Begin's one. You just have to watch Begin plays one shift to see he's giving all he has. We can never say that about Perreault. He just seems lost on the ice.

Can't wait to see him leave the team.

BigM1ke is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 04:27 PM
  #9
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
The way I look at Perrault and Ribs are similar players, both are slow and soft, the only difference between them is Ribs has great hands and vision while Perrault has a very accurate shot and is great on face offs.

If you watch them both play, they both will steer wide of the physical play, which is the reason why Perrault has never been an impact player and why Mike's potential is only as a 55-60 point man.

Unbiased Canadian

Perreault and Ribeiro couldn't be more opposite players, they have nothing in common, they're both slow skaters but I actually think Ribeiro is faster, although they have the same deficiencies in the skating deptartment, Ribeiro is wasy more agile and is able to elude checkers and find open teamates, basically Ribeiro has managed to make up for his slow foot speed by being agile and creative with the puck, when Perreault has the puck and is entering the offensive zone, he dumps the puck right away it's his only option cause he can't pass and can't stickhandle...

Edit....Perreault does have a nice accurate shot but this year he's avoided going into the traffic areas to use his shot and whenever he passes the puck he has the same velocity on his pass as on his shot that's why he can't complete a pass to a teamate

417 is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 05:27 PM
  #10
obcd1
Registered User
 
obcd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
If Ribeiro or Koivu are injured Perrault will replace them and he will produce points like he did before when he was with better linemates you'll see(if it happens). And by the standings right now the Habs are going in the playoff so can you tell me why should we deal the best faceoff man in the game when this is one important aspect of the playoffs. And Perrault have some playoff experience too wich is better than none like a prospect would. I think we are better keeping Perrault for the playoff than trading him for a middle pick.

obcd1 is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 05:36 PM
  #11
BigM1ke
Registered User
 
BigM1ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Drummondville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by obcd1
why should we deal the best faceoff man in the game
because each time he's on the ice he creates scoring chance FOR THE OTHER TEAM! Are you on drugs buddy?? Have you seen Perreault played in the last month??

I can't believe what I'm seeing here these days... People behind Don Cherry... People liking Perreault... WOW!!! He's winning faceoffs!! BRAVO!!

BigM1ke is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 06:39 PM
  #12
obcd1
Registered User
 
obcd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
because each time he's on the ice he creates scoring chance FOR THE OTHER TEAM! Are you on drugs buddy?? Have you seen Perreault played in the last month??

I can't believe what I'm seeing here these days... People behind Don Cherry... People liking Perreault... WOW!!! He's winning faceoffs!! BRAVO!!
tu le mets pour les faceoffs pis tu le remplace après, tu vas voir dans les playoffs quand il va y avoir une mise en jeu dans notre zone tu vas être content qu'il soit là. Anyway ca donne quoi de l'échanger pour rien en retour?

obcd1 is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 06:42 PM
  #13
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,455
vCash: 597
The problem with Perreault is that he was signed to a contract that was a year too long and for too much $$.

Yes, I know in the summer of 01 it was tough to forecast what would happen by 03-04 but you would have to think that it was at least *likely* Mike Ribeiro would be an NHLer by this year and since he must play on the top 2 lines, same thing for Perreault and we already had Koivu, there was no need to sign Perreault for 3 years. 2 years would have been good enough, I doubt teams were jumping all over him in the UFA market and he wanted to come here so we could have dictated the negotiations. 2.8 million is also lots of $$ for a player who is so incomplete.

The other thing that drives people nuts about Perreault is his lack of intensity, his lack of desire and most importantly his constant hot starts only to be god awful in the 2nd half when the games start to mean something. He did it in 01-02, he did it last year and I am sure it would have happened this year even if he was on the 2nd line.

He was a decent filler, but it's time to move on. Ribeiro is clearly superior in all aspects aside from goal scoring and faceoffs. And it's not like Ribeiro is an awful goal scorer.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 06:49 PM
  #14
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
because each time he's on the ice he creates scoring chance FOR THE OTHER TEAM! Are you on drugs buddy?? Have you seen Perreault played in the last month??

I can't believe what I'm seeing here these days... People behind Don Cherry... People liking Perreault... WOW!!! He's winning faceoffs!! BRAVO!!
take it cool young guy !

Perreault is playing in the nhl since 10 seasons ,and has 5 seasons of 20 or + goals so is not only a faceoffs winner...and no is not playing well since last month ; what did you hope ? that a soft unidimensional ( offensive ) player like him was going to be a good 4 th liner ? common !

so if you don't like his game ( like me ) it's not a reason to say to those who give him some credit , that they are on drugs...go away if you're not able to respect other fans !

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 06:53 PM
  #15
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Patience, lads, patience. He won't be around forever. Gainey must think that right now it's better not to replace him with Plekanec.

Corey is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 06:59 PM
  #16
zurg999
Registered User
 
zurg999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
because each time he's on the ice he creates scoring chance FOR THE OTHER TEAM! Are you on drugs buddy?? Have you seen Perreault played in the last month??

I can't believe what I'm seeing here these days... People behind Don Cherry... People liking Perreault... WOW!!! He's winning faceoffs!! BRAVO!!
You also have to consider what happens or potentially doesn't happen after those faceoffs. Last night was a great example. I don't know what his % was, but he won an awful lot in our end.

zurg999 is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 07:33 PM
  #17
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,729
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Big M1ke]. Perreault is one of the laziest players I've ever seen. [QUOTE]

How quickly we forgot about Audette . Perreault has become expendable , not so sure he deserves the bashing he's getting. I do hope we get to deal him out , kilger also. If not will just keep him and give him one importrant face-off per game raising his stats to 100% on faceoffs I doubt we'd get a decent return more likely a 4-5th round pick wich aint bad.

sXe is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 07:47 PM
  #18
Necrophile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999
You also have to consider what happens or potentially doesn't happen after those faceoffs. Last night was a great example. I don't know what his % was, but he won an awful lot in our end.
He (Perreault) was 12/15 after the 2nd period, I believe. He hovers around 65% for the year, which I believe is good enough to be the leading NHL faceoffman - again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
Perreault has become expendable , not so sure he deserves the bashing he's getting. I do hope we get to deal him out , kilger also. If not will just keep him and give him one importrant face-off per game raising his stats to 100% on faceoffs I doubt we'd get a decent return more likely a 4-5th round pick wich aint bad.
Who would want to give up anything to acquire Kilger? He was waived recently. Do you remember the 2002 playoffs? Kilger stepped up his game against the Bruins for a much-needed post-season physical presence.

As for Perreault, I think that right now Habs management is expecting to make the playoffs. As such, they may be trying to see how they can incorporate Perreault in the lineup without having him hurt the team, therefore finding a way to keep their #1 faceoff guy in the roster for a playoff game. They tried him at wing on line 2, as well as centering the 3rd and 4th lines. Obviously, he will probably be forced to remain on the 4th line during the playoffs if he is still around, barring some kind of spectacular turnaround. If management feels a real energy guy is needed on the 4th line, then they will be tempted to trade Perreault before the deadline.

So, BG and CJ may have to choose between these possible 4th lines for the playoffs:

Langdon - Bégin - Perreault (face-off specialist, energy guy and and enforcer)
Langdon - Bégin - Kilger (high-energy line combo including an enforcer)

Which would you rather have?

Necrophile is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 07:57 PM
  #19
Natural Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Natural Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Sad thing is that sometimes Perrault shows flashes of talent. Too bad those games are few and far between. Plekanec & Higgins will be ready to take his spot next year (if there isn't a strike).

Natural Habs Fan is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 08:13 PM
  #20
smnhppu
Registered User
 
smnhppu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I don't get why everybody keeps saying, "If Saku or Ribs go down, we'll need Perreault" The only use of Yannick Perreault as of today is his faceoff ability, that's it! He can't replace Saku or Ribs on the first two lines if they were injured because, he can't pass, can't stickhandle and he's not creative....Zednik, Bulis, Dagenais and Ryder, all need creative centers for them to succeed, nothing against Perreault, i'm not saying he's not a good player, but he no longer fits THIS teams needs, were way better of calling up Plekanec or Higgins to center the one of the first two lines if Saku or Ribs go down or at worst putting Bulis back at center.
Now I'm not saying Perreault is great or anything, but in the beginning of the season, when Koivu wasn't scoring, who was putting up the goals? Perreault

Who led the team almost into November? Perreault

The guy can be useful, I think he's enjoying his stay in Montreal, and will re-sign here for less than he's worth. He doesn't whine when he sits... What's the problem? If we can get a good return on trading him, fine. But he has his upside, and he has been beneficial to this team.

smnhppu is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 08:21 PM
  #21
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
I've been hoping his departure for 3 years now, my patience is wearing thin and I'm praying we never see him in a Habs jersey after this year. There are few players I hated watching more then Perreualt, He is exactly what I hate as a hockey player. He is small, but plays smaller then his size, he doesn't have good enough offensive instincts outside his shot and he's terrible on defense. He is slow yet he doesn't show a slim amount of intensity. I can't appreciate him, he is just a terrible hockey player.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 09:24 PM
  #22
BigM1ke
Registered User
 
BigM1ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Drummondville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by obcd1
tu le mets pour les faceoffs pis tu le remplace après, tu vas voir dans les playoffs quand il va y avoir une mise en jeu dans notre zone tu vas être content qu'il soit là. Anyway ca donne quoi de l'échanger pour rien en retour?
Laissez la place à un jeune pour se développer et acquérir un peu d'expéricence dans la LNHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
take it cool young guy !

Perreault is playing in the nhl since 10 seasons ,and has 5 seasons of 20 or + goals so is not only a faceoffs winner...and no is not playing well since last month ; what did you hope ? that a soft unidimensional ( offensive ) player like him was going to be a good 4 th liner ? common !

so if you don't like his game ( like me ) it's not a reason to say to those who give him some credit , that they are on drugs...go away if you're not able to respect other fans !
I'm not "that" young... 22 is not that bad... But I'M NOT OLD

My allusion to "drugs" was more of a joke to me and was just used in desesperation towards those who think Perreault his doin' a great job on the 4th line. Yes I know he would be better on the top 2 lines I have no doubt, but on the 4th line he is AWFUL and I mean it. He's exactly the type of player NOT to have on the 4th line IMO. Slow, lazy and not physical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
How quickly we forgot about Audette . Perreault has become expendable , not so sure he deserves the bashing he's getting. I do hope we get to deal him out , kilger also. If not will just keep him and give him one importrant face-off per game raising his stats to 100% on faceoffs I doubt we'd get a decent return more likely a 4-5th round pick wich aint bad.
I didn't like Audette but I still believe he was playing with more intensity and efforts than Perreault right now. But I truly had totally forgotten about Audette though hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999
You also have to consider what happens or potentially doesn't happen after those faceoffs. Last night was a great example. I don't know what his % was, but he won an awful lot in our end.
I can't believe people are using this faceoff to argue... It was by far a very lucky goal by Brisebois (but I'm damn happy he scored!).

BigM1ke is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.