HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Jack Todd's Article Today

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2004, 07:06 PM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Jack Todd's Article Today

I'm surprised no one posted this yet. It talks about some pretty good things, such as fantasy trades.

Injuries, illness take toll on outmanned Habs

http://www.canada.com/montreal/sport...6-5AD5910663A5

It sounds like he reads the boards a lot. Eh Jack?

Old
01-30-2004, 07:14 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
I'm surprised no one posted this yet. It talks about some pretty good things, such as fantasy trades.

Injuries, illness take toll on outmanned Habs

http://www.canada.com/montreal/sport...6-5AD5910663A5

It sounds like he reads the boards a lot. Eh Jack?
CanWest makes me sick... Good article by Todd, surprisingly! Unlike Pednault, he wisely chooses to let the GM do the GM's job. Silly Pednault, BG will do what he likes whether your pseudo-expert self likes it or not. You demand a trade? Get bent!

Old
01-30-2004, 07:15 PM
Zednik

Perreault and Dykhuis for O'Neill. ****, it was my proposal !! Next time Jack, don't you it for your articles, please. :p

Old
01-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Zednik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
CanWest makes me sick... Good article by Todd, surprisingly! Unlike Pednault, he wisely chooses to let the GM do the GM's job. Silly Pednault, BG will do what he likes whether your pseudo-expert self likes it or not. You demand a trade? Get bent!
Pednault and his damn Right-Handed center :mad: Damnit Yvon, get a life. Since December 31st, Pednault writes 3 articles per week on a ****ing right-handed center.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:29 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik
Pednault and his damn Right-Handed center :mad: Damnit Yvon, get a life. Since December 31st, Pednault writes 3 articles per week on a ****ing right-handed center.
If he could only let BG do his job in peace... I'm not worried, though, BG has a lot more character than some of the decision-makers before him, and I trust he will not fold to some dubious analyst's suggestions. Thank God - Houle isn't still here. If he were, I think Pednault would make him his :dazzle: !

What I don't understand is this: Pednault, some would have us believe, is a great hockey analyst. Mayhap. But why would a man of his wisdom even bother trying to influence BG's decision-making process? He should know BG for the type of GM he is. Then again, maybe he needs to write such foolishness in an attempt to perpetually satisfy his trade-hungry and streak-moody francophone following. Who knows?

Old
01-30-2004, 07:45 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
If he could only let BG do his job in peace... I'm not worried, though, BG has a lot more character than some of the decision-makers before him, and I trust he will not fold to some dubious analyst's suggestions. Thank God - Houle isn't still here. If he were, I think Pednault would make him his :dazzle: !

What I don't understand is this: Pednault, some would have us believe, is a great hockey analyst. Mayhap. But why would a man of his wisdom even bother trying to influence BG's decision-making process? He should know BG for the type of GM he is. Then again, maybe he needs to write such foolishness in an attempt to perpetually satisfy his trade-hungry and streak-moody francophone following. Who knows?
You have the answer in your own post, don't need to change a single letter except “francophone”:
“Then again, maybe he needs to write such foolishness in an attempt to perpetually satisfy his trade-hungry and streak-moody francophone following.”

I can add: by making the job he is making, Pedneault can satisfy his big ego. Maybe he,s still frustrated of not being a hockey hero himself. But is it he who is in the NHL Hall of Fame?

Old
01-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
You have the answer in your own post, don't need to change a single letter except “francophone”:
“Then again, maybe he needs to write such foolishness in an attempt to perpetually satisfy his trade-hungry and streak-moody francophone following.”

I can add: by making the job he is making, Pedneault can satisfy his big ego. Maybe he,s still frustrated of not being a hockey hero himself. But is it he who is in the NHL Hall of Fame?
I am only assuming that the vast majority of his (not Habs) followers are francophone. Take no offence, car je suis moi-même un Québécois bilingue.

By the way, Pedneault used to play hockey?

Old
01-30-2004, 08:10 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude

Journalists can't be in the Hall of Fame, it was decided so this year, so everyone in the media who was in are now considered "honorable mentions".

Old
01-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Guy!

I'm not sure what this means, JL, however I was working on exactly the same type of article for HW. LOL Had it started three days ago and everything. Does this mean (heaven help me) that I'm on the same wavelength as Jack Todd?

Can I get an exorcist?

ACF

Old
01-30-2004, 08:58 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Guy!,

I remember seeing you post that, that was another reason why I found this one kind of funny.

On the same wavelength as Todd? Perhaps, but you need to throw in a few more political jabs into your post game thoughts, perhaps bashing the Finnish government, and you need to knock that walking slurpie from the CBC a little bit more often. That would make you Toddesque.

Old
01-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Whenever the Canadiens lose more than one game in a row, panic quickly spirals into mass hysteria. And because it's trading season in the NHL, everyone wants to do a deal that would put the Habs on an equal footing with the Colorado Avalanche. You should see some of the beauties that cross my desk.

Closed Thread