HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chistov sent down

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 01:16 AM
Frolov

vCash: 500
Chistov sent down

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=48249

So much for him being "head and shoulders above Frolov."

It's too bad the boards reset cause those old comparisions would have been a good laugh now.

Old
01-31-2004, 01:26 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Yeah, I was recalling the "Who's better Adam Hall or Frolov" thread the other day..

Old
01-31-2004, 01:44 AM
willie

Dude, it's a marathon not a sprint.

What if, in 5 years, Frolov is still only putting up say 25 goals a year and Chistov is netting 50 a year?

Quote:
It's too bad the boards reset cause those old comparisions would have been a good laugh now
The comparisons were very balanced actually. Both are terrific talents and either could become better than the other in the future. I would prefer Frolov as I think he will be far more dominant but Chistov could still become a better player than Frolov.

Quote:
Yeah, I was recalling the "Who's better Adam Hall or Frolov" thread the other day..
Well, that comparison was absurd.. (I was a little too generous to Hall in that thread)

Old
01-31-2004, 01:50 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
Dude, it's a marathon not a sprint.

What if, in 5 years, Frolov is still only putting up say 25 goals a year and Chistov is netting 50 a year?

The comparisons were very balanced actually. Both are terrific talents and either could become better than the other in the future. I would prefer Frolov as I think he will be far more dominant but Chistov could still become a better player than Frolov.

Well, that comparison was absurd.. (I was a little too generous to Hall in that thread)
We're not talking about 5 years from now. This year Frolov is better than Chistov HANDS DOWN. 5 Years from now I think Frolov will be Jason Allison w/ a little bit of Palffy. You just CANT stop this guy down low. On the other hand, Chistov gets knocked off the puck easily. Look if you get sent down and your the caliber player that Stan Chistov is, and you get sent down over guys like Krog, Kunitz, LANCE WARD, Severson, I think you've got a problem, and I would be embarassed.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:04 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us
Look if you get sent down and your the caliber player that Stan Chistov is, and you get sent down over guys like Krog, Kunitz, LANCE WARD, Severson, I think you've got a problem, and I would be embarassed.
I think that was the point, much like putting Frolov on the 4th line earlier in the season. If Frolov didn't respond the way he has, he might have been sent down.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:10 AM
willie

Quote:
Look if you get sent down and your the caliber player that Stan Chistov is, and you get sent down over guys like Krog, Kunitz, LANCE WARD, Severson, I think you've got a problem, and I would be embarassed.
First off, is Ward not a defenseman? (and if he is playing forward, it is obviously for different reasons than Chistov would be) And Severson? That is like saying Cammalleri should be "embarrassed" for being in Manchester because Brennan is in LA. Different players are there for different reasons.

Has Frolov played better than Chistov? Obviously. Is Frolov further along in his development? Of course. Is Frolov going to be better than Chistov? Possibly. (though I would certainly lean towards probably) Only time well tell.

I just it find it funny that the original poster wants to dig up old posts where Chistov was favoured over Frolov (largely b/c he had outplayed him up to that point) but now they want to act like Frolov is definetly the way better player just because Frolov has had the better sophmore season.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:39 AM
Fat Elvis

Who is better Chistov or Cammy? Both small and get knocked off the puck

Old
01-31-2004, 02:58 AM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
We're not talking about 5 years from now. This year Frolov is better than Chistov HANDS DOWN. 5 Years from now I think Frolov will be Jason Allison w/ a little bit of Palffy. You just CANT stop this guy down low. On the other hand, Chistov gets knocked off the puck easily. Look if you get sent down and your the caliber player that Stan Chistov is, and you get sent down over guys like Krog, Kunitz, LANCE WARD, Severson, I think you've got a problem, and I would be embarassed.
Listing those names does not make Chistov worse than them, he was sent down to gain confidence, there is no connection between Wards, Seversons abilities and Chistov being sent down.

Old
01-31-2004, 03:26 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Excuse me... Can someone please tell me where in my post I said "Lance Ward is better than Stan Chistov?" I said nothing of the sort. As for KING ELVI's comment, I was just saying that Chistov gets knocked off the puck, and that is why I think Frolov is better. Jesus. Chistov has many good qualities to, its not like I said he was the worst player on the team. Oh and Brennan and Cammy were in L.A. at the same time if I can re-call except for a few games. Brennan is gone now though.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:32 AM
Randall Graves*

Well as a duck fan,this was a long time coming. Chistov has had a rough year he's hit the pipe numerous times this year...10 is a safe number. Last year people were talking about Chistov being better,this year its Frolov. Frolov is more likely to succeed in the NHL but Chistov has more offensive upside,last season everything went right for him,now everything is going wrong. He came to camp somewhat out of shape but I still think he's going to be an all star caliber player by playing with Lupul. He should become a good assist man and eventually learn how to score goals. But right now Frolov is the better player I think he will be a perenial 70 pt player playing really good defense. I think Chistov can be a PPG player,but Frolov is far more likely to be a successful NHL player.

People also forget he didn't play at all the year before he came to the NHL,but it is entirely to early to say who will be the better player.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:34 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=48249

So much for him being "head and shoulders above Frolov."

It's too bad the boards reset cause those old comparisions would have been a good laugh now.
No fault of Chistov's but he is one of my favorite players to hate simply because of the myopic Duck fans and their tyrades about how much better he is than Frolov. I root for him to fail.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:35 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
Well as a duck fan,this was a long time coming. Chistov has had a rough year he's hit the pipe numerous times this year...10 is a safe number. Last year people were talking about Chistov being better,this year its Frolov. Frolov is more likely to succeed in the NHL but Chistov has more offensive upside,last season everything went right for him,now everything is going wrong. He came to camp somewhat out of shape but I still think he's going to be an all star caliber player by playing with Lupul. He should become a good assist man and eventually learn how to score goals. But right now Frolov is the better player I think he will be a perenial 70 pt player playing really good defense. I think Chistov can be a PPG player,but Frolov is far more likely to be a successful NHL player.

People also forget he didn't play at all the year before he came to the NHL,but it is entirely to early to say who will be the better player.
It doesnt help when he contradicts his coach in the LA Times.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:43 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
First off, is Ward not a defenseman? (and if he is playing forward, it is obviously for different reasons than Chistov would be) And Severson? That is like saying Cammalleri should be "embarrassed" for being in Manchester because Brennan is in LA. Different players are there for different reasons.

Has Frolov played better than Chistov? Obviously. Is Frolov further along in his development? Of course. Is Frolov going to be better than Chistov? Possibly. (though I would certainly lean towards probably) Only time well tell.

I just it find it funny that the original poster wants to dig up old posts where Chistov was favoured over Frolov (largely b/c he had outplayed him up to that point) but now they want to act like Frolov is definetly the way better player just because Frolov has had the better sophmore season.
Guy, it's never too late to change sides and become a Kings fan. That's the only way you'll feel right about the whole Frolov/Chistov debate.......to be on the winning side.

;~D

Old
01-31-2004, 05:47 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller

We'll swap you the AHL's second leading scorer (Pavel Rosa) & a 3rd for Chistov. What'da say?

Old
01-31-2004, 05:47 AM
VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to VEGASKING
Am I the only one who thought Frolov was the better player even last year? Their offensive numbers were pretty similar but Frolov is clearly the better defensive player.

Chistov 12g 18a 30 pts +4
Frolov 14g 17a 31pts +12

Old
01-31-2004, 06:17 AM
Grady41

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASKING
Am I the only one who thought Frolov was the better player even last year? Their offensive numbers were pretty similar but Frolov is clearly the better defensive player.

Frolov 14g 17a 31pts +12

No i did too. Chistov got some moves but he isn't able to dominate like Fro.

Old
01-31-2004, 06:35 AM
Lyons71

Chistov looked good last year because he was fast. Now he's not fast, (making him small and not fast) and is ineffective. Maybe if he works a bit on gaining the speed back, he will become the player he's capable of being.

Not to compare the two, Frolov is the man. I have seen him make too many good plays to not be a star player. He's money in my book. Chistov, on the other hand, needs to learn to hit the net. (not the posts or the glass) Between him and Pahlsson (this year) they have over 30 posts/big rejections/close misses.

Frolov has all the tools (AND IS USING THEM) to be great. Chistov has them too. But at this point it's obvious who's going to win the debate. Maybe over summer. (and it will be long for the Ducks) Chistov can concentrate on hockey and not whatever else it is occupying his time, allowing us to see what he's made of.

Old
01-31-2004, 06:48 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:

Frolov 14g 17a 31pts +12
Most people were giving Chistov alot of pub because of the playoffs,especially the series against Detroit. I thought he was the better "looking" as in he has great hands...Frolov is probley going to be an elite two way forward and I think Chistov may become an elite point guy.

Old
01-31-2004, 07:01 AM
Epsilon
#TeamRaccoon

I remember in an Atlanta-Anaheim gameday thread last year some Ducks fans who will go unnamed were going on about how they would rather have Chistov than Kovalchuk. I wonder if those opinions have changed...

Old
01-31-2004, 08:24 AM
Lyons71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
I remember in an Atlanta-Anaheim gameday thread last year some Ducks fans who will go unnamed were going on about how they would rather have Chistov than Kovalchuk. I wonder if those opinions have changed...
I think I remember that too...

Old
01-31-2004, 10:17 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Hello VEGASKING, can you hear me ? but I'm a Frolov homer.

Another thing that irritated me was when people said you could see Frolov on the golf course while Chistov was playing in the playoffs. This didn't have anything to do with skills. Nevertheless, I don't have a problem with Chistov at all and I wish him all the best in the future.

Closed Thread