HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dogs vs Runners tonite on the score

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 01:44 AM
NWT Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Dogs deserved a better fate than that. How did some of those 45 or so shots not go in...WOW.

Old
01-31-2004, 01:44 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
The final tonite:

Hamilton 2

Toronto 1

refs 2

The refs cost the dogs 2 points. No doubt about it. That really looked like a goal for Plekanec, even the ref signalled it at first! what's even more ridiculous is that in the last meeting between these 2 teams the f'in roadrunner scored with no time left on the clock to tie it and the goal was never reviewed like this one was. Double standard like that is ridiculous. The Beauchemin and Plekanec penalties were complete jokes during that 5 on 3 , especially the one on Plekanec.

Once again Hamilton DOMINATES Toronto and somehow those f'in roadrunners beat us.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 01-31-2004 at 01:48 AM.
Old
01-31-2004, 01:51 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Their goalie Valiquette had a great game though, he kept them in the game. The refs would not have made a difference if that big goalie didn't make so many huge saves (although I agree the refs were truly brutal...he pointed goal over and over and then changes him mind... ). 46 shots by the Dogs, and lots of good chances.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:00 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

No doubt Valiquette was good, but man I just can't believe our team(even when we had all those guys like Svitov, Gratton and Balej) struggles against that roadrunners team and can never beat them. It just doesn't make sense. There's about 3 guys who will have long NHL careers on that runners team and they are d-man! (Lynch, Woywitka and Bergeron). Most of the game have been like that one, Dogs dominate and somehow the Runners get a point and usually 2. It's frustrating because the only games we get on TV are against TO. :p

Old
01-31-2004, 02:05 AM
Traitor8

Your also forgetting another good player that can play on both sides...Andrei Kostsitsyn..

Anyways, How does Hossa look, can a call up be in his near future??

Old
01-31-2004, 02:08 AM
penopekoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Your also forgetting another good player that can play on both sides...Andrei Kostsitsyn..

Anyways, How does Hossa look, can a call up be in his near future??
I don't think he will be called up this season, but he sure looked good tonight. Was robbed by Valiquette a few times and hit a post or two. Very good game by him, though. He definitely deserved the point.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:15 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
With Perezhogin and Balej on the right side, our future can't be more bright at this position!
Hey now, don't forget Ryder. He's only on pace for 60 points in the NHL. :p

I totally echo your sentiments on Perezhogin. He had at least 4 unreal scoring chances if not more and was robbed by Valiquette. I hate to compare his game to a proven star, but he played alot like a Mogilny tonite.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:15 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
I saw the third period. Hainsey, Perezhogin, Hossa, and Plekanec looked good. People may not agree with me on Hainsey (by the way, I did catch his giveaway early on), but the PP runs much smoother when he's out there, he's always moving and creating offensively. On one PP in the third (the 5 on 3 when he was out with Dykhuis) he smashed his man into the boards and cleared the puck with ease.

Perezhogin was flying. NHL Ready, maybe, but I doubt we'll see him at all; too many roster players filling spots right now. Plekanec was creating all period, although he needs some work on his shot judging from this game. Hossa was excellent. Looked to be working very hard in the offensive zone, probably could've been rewarded with a goal.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:22 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Hossa will make the nhl regulary someday !!
as a 1st liner(big stretch ) or a 4th liner !! but he will have to be better defensively and maybe a little more faster/bigger !!
could be a Jason Ward type of player with more offensive upside .. ?
any opinion on him for tonight game would be gladly appreciated !!
what he needs to focus more to get a call-up??
and what future he has for us(please no ''trade hossa'' opinion here ) ??
thank you :p

Old
01-31-2004, 02:28 AM
Traitor8

Yes..I read in a couple of scouting reports that Kostsitsyn can play LW as well as RW.
so that shouldn't be a problem.

Now..Dagenais is another filler...another Juneau,Perreault type person who will fill the lines and contribute at his own pace until the prospects are ready. Now you may argue that Balej is ready but still...you need to be on the sure side...Surely, Dagenais isn't part of the long term plans unless he plays like a guy who is 6'5.

Yes we are deep at every position but I would like another top 4 defenseman... because Markov is looking a little shaky. I still feel they should play Hainsey before Bouillon and Komisarek in front of Quintal...I hope they do that next year and stop wasting their time...

I see the lines like this in a few years:

Kostsitsyn-Koivu-Power Forward
Hossa-Ribeiro-Perezhogin
Bulis-Higgins-Ryder
Goon-Begin-Ward

Brisebois-Hainsey
Komisarek-Souray
Rivet-Markov

Theodore-Garon

I see the habs trading:

Zednik,Plekanec and a pick for a 1st line Power Forward
Sign a goon
Trade Balej for a prospect defenseman.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:29 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
Hossa will make the nhl regulary someday !!
as a 1st liner(big stretch ) or a 4th liner !! but he will have to be better defensively and maybe a little more faster/bigger !!
could be a Jason Ward type of player with more offensive upside .. ?
any opinion on him for tonight game would be gladly appreciated !!
what he needs to focus more to get a call-up??
and what future he has for us(please no ''trade hossa'' opinion here ) ??
thank you :p
Confidence and consistency are the only things that make him an AHLer at this point instead of the NHLer he should be with his tools. You can see when he has a great chance he's lacking the confidence to finish the play off. But when he's involved in the play like he was tonite, he's definitely the kind of player we could really use with his big body. But when he's not involved, he's just another Kilger.

Closed Thread