HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal with Edmonton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2008, 01:30 PM
  #1
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Trade Proposal with Edmonton

Hey Guys,

I'll preface my post by saying I am an Oilers fan and many on our board over value Oiler players. I don't want to do that here and believe Im not. Anyway, here's my thoughts.

Nashville's signed top 6 forwards for next season:
Arnott
Sullivan (hopefully)
Dumont
Legwand
Radulov


Here's list of your starting defense as of next season:
Zidlicky
De Vries
Hamhuis
Suter
Weber
and on of:
Zanon
Franson
Klien


So here's my proposal.

Joni Pitkanen
Jarret Stoll
Raffi Torres

for

Shea Weber
1st

Rounding out your line up to look something like this:

Erat - Arnott - Radulov
Torres - Legwand - Dumont
Fiddler - Stoll - Gelinas
Hordichuk - Smithson - Tootoo

Hamhuis - Pitkanen
Suter - Zidlicky
De Vries - Zanon

Ellis
Mason
(Roloson is you want him, comes cheap and great playoff back up)

Thoughts?

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 02:01 PM
  #2
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Basher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Murray KY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Lose Stoll and Weber, add Zidlicky?

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 02:09 PM
  #3
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
Lose Stoll and Weber, add Zidlicky?
Sorry, the trade is based around Pitkanen.

Pitkanen has had a tough season but he is fully capable of 50+ points, he is actually very good defensively. If he plays 80 games next season I expect 45+ points and huge value to whatever team.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 02:32 PM
  #4
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Sorry, the trade is based around Pitkanen.

Pitkanen has had a tough season but he is fully capable of 50+ points, he is actually very good defensively. If he plays 80 games next season I expect 45+ points and huge value to whatever team.
Weber's value is much higher to us than Pitkanen's would be. We've got so many guys that are similar to Joni..but no one comes close to Weber.

Isn't Stoll a natural center? We need wings.

I think we have to pass on this one.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 02:47 PM
  #5
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Weber's value is much higher to us than Pitkanen's would be. We've got so many guys that are similar to Joni..but no one comes close to Weber.

Isn't Stoll a natural center? We need wings.

I think we have to pass on this one.
Stoll is a natural center, great on the draws too.

What's Suters value?

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 03:17 PM
  #6
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
You're forgetting to add Bonk and Sullivan into the lineup for next season. Sullivan I could stand leaving out, but Bonk will be there.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 03:32 PM
  #7
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
You're forgetting to add Bonk and Sullivan into the lineup for next season. Sullivan I could stand leaving out, but Bonk will be there.
Sure, I feel like Bonk is a great third liner more then a 2nd.

Sullivan will start the year but how many games will he play?

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 03:54 PM
  #8
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Sure, I feel like Bonk is a great third liner more then a 2nd.

Sullivan will start the year but how many games will he play?
I'm predicting one game ... I think he's DONE ... that trade looks like a bust now

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 04:59 PM
  #9
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Weber's value is much higher to us than Pitkanen's would be. We've got so many guys that are similar to Joni..but no one comes close to Weber.

Isn't Stoll a natural center? We need wings.

I think we have to pass on this one.
Okay, understandable, Pitkanen plus two of the following.

Torres was a 20+ goal power forward up until last year. Im not overly confident he will regain it but I think a fresh start is whats needed in his case. Worst case 3rd liner, best case 20+ goal second liner. Sanderson would be an ideal deadline pick up for the playoffs and will likely retire at seasons end but playing well. Pisani is a RWer with great playoff stats and is a reliable two way guy, singed through next season. Rob Schremp is in the AHL and playing wing now, perhaps the most offensively gifted prospect we have but no room for him on the big team, PP wizz.

Or Cogliano and no adder. Pitkanen + Cogliano for Weber and 1st. Cogs has been playing some wing lately, amazing speed, good defensive awareness, PK time and some PP time.

In your opinion what do you see that could make a trade. I don't want to offer tons of garbage, I see Stoll on his way to becoming a Rolston type of player. Torres could be a 25-25-50 plus a lot of hits, poor mans version of Dustin Brown, when he returns form his injury.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 05:56 PM
  #10
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,526
vCash: 500
I really can't see a future where the Predators deal Weber. We are either going to lose him to an offer sheet netting us 4 first round picks, or we are going to keep him.....Its probably as simple as that.

__________________
- Enoch -

Last edited by Enoch: 02-18-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 07:49 PM
  #11
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,491
vCash: 500
Poile's already said we wouldn't loose any of our RFA to offer sheets.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 08:47 PM
  #12
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Poile's already said we wouldn't loose any of our RFA to offer sheets.
then he better get a move on signing these guys

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 09:16 PM
  #13
fuhr
Registered User
 
fuhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
I'm an Oiler fan and I love Pitkanen and I like Weber even more. That being said, you guys are probably the last team in the like that need a Pitkanen type d man. I agree that I can't dee the Preds wanting to move Weber at any point.

fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 12:08 PM
  #14
NYMASONFAN
 
NYMASONFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Has anyone heard Dumont's status for tonights game? I know he had the flu.
thanks

NYMASONFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 12:16 PM
  #15
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMASONFAN View Post
Has anyone heard Dumont's status for tonights game? I know he had the flu.
thanks
According to the fishwrap he's going to give it a go

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 01:14 PM
  #16
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMASONFAN View Post
Has anyone heard Dumont's status for tonights game? I know he had the flu.
thanks
Quit hijacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I really can't see a future where the Predators deal Weber. We are either going to lose him to an offer sheet netting us 4 first round picks, or we are going to keep him.....Its probably as simple as that.
Do you think 4 1st is worth more then Pitkanen, Stoll and Torres? Honest question.

If a team in the middle of the pack, 15th or so makes an offer that equates to 4 1sts, 7.5 per year for 5 years. Do you sign him at that, take the picks or take Torres, Stoll and Pitkanen?

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 01:23 PM
  #17
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Quit hijacking.



Do you think 4 1st is worth more then Pitkanen, Stoll and Torres? Honest question.

If a team in the middle of the pack, 15th or so makes an offer that equates to 4 1sts, 7.5 per year for 5 years. Do you sign him at that, take the picks or take Torres, Stoll and Pitkanen?
I think I'd take the draft picks, because it seems our scouting department needs to do a better job of drafting big bodies that can also skate and put the puck in the net and play with an edge ... you know the Ryan Getzlaf types ... AND Shea Weber is not YET worth that KIND of an Offer Sheet

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 01:27 PM
  #18
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Quit hijacking.



Do you think 4 1st is worth more then Pitkanen, Stoll and Torres? Honest question.

If a team in the middle of the pack, 15th or so makes an offer that equates to 4 1sts, 7.5 per year for 5 years. Do you sign him at that, take the picks or take Torres, Stoll and Pitkanen?
Good question. Honestly, I wouldn't match that offer sheet, but I would be disappointed with taking the picks too...

I don't know...I might take the player package, but at the same time...I would probably look to sign him before then at all costs too because of his value to the team and community.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 02:19 PM
  #19
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,765
vCash: 500
If both the player offer and the term sheet came at the same time, I'd take the picks. The Pred's system is a bit threadbare and I think you could add pieces via free agency and promotions sufficient to not take those players. Would the Oil rather give up those players than its picks? The trade particularly doesn't make sense now, when we lack information on whether we can re-sign Weber AND whether there will be offer sheets of that magnitude (which I doubt).

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 03:44 PM
  #20
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
I think I'd take the draft picks, because it seems our scouting department needs to do a better job of drafting big bodies that can also skate and put the puck in the net and play with an edge ... you know the Ryan Getzlaf types ... AND Shea Weber is not YET worth that KIND of an Offer Sheet
Understandable, I would think a bird in the hand comes into play here. And you mentioned that Weber is not worth that kind of dough yet and I agree, however, the only offer sheets work is vastly overpaying so the team doesn't match, case and point Penner. He score 29 goals, 6'5", good hands and can skate, but was likely worth closer to 3.5 and with the way the second contract rule of thumb works is that most players were taken advantage of when they sign their second contract. Thats completely out the window now with the RFA raid of last summer. So I agree Weber isn't worth 7.5 but he may be in a few years and someone with cap space and a need for a franchise d man might think it's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
If both the player offer and the term sheet came at the same time, I'd take the picks. The Pred's system is a bit threadbare and I think you could add pieces via free agency and promotions sufficient to not take those players. Would the Oil rather give up those players than its picks? The trade particularly doesn't make sense now, when we lack information on whether we can re-sign Weber AND whether there will be offer sheets of that magnitude (which I doubt).
Well given the Oilers situation right now Im thinking I would prefer to park with the players. We have Gagner and Cogliano at center who both have shown they are NHL players now and can cover for Stoll and Torres (as far as stats go) and if Weber comes in then Pitkanen is obviously movable. At the current state I would prefer to give up the players. Last season, before we saw Gagner and Cogliano I would have prefered to part with the picks.

Having said that, many on the oiler board think Im under valuing the Oiler players and think the offer isn't fair.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 10:38 AM
  #21
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
After last nights game I would be surprised if you guys offered a 4th rounder for him.

Terrible performance but entertaining game.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.