HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Visiting From Out of Town/Ticket Thread for the Washington Capitals

Old
02-28-2012, 11:38 AM
goflyers1718

vCash: 500
I'll be in the area on Sunday and am looking for a cheap single for the Flyers game if anybody is selling. PM me.

goflyers1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:25 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

3/4

I am looking for 4 of your cheapest nosebleed seats for this Sundays game vs the Flyers. Shoot me a pm or send me an email at mbutterlinegd@yahoo.com and let me know what you have. Thanks.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:26 AM
goflyers1718

Has anyone ever taken the Metro from New Carrollton to the game? Is parking a problem there?

Old
03-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyers1718 View Post
Has anyone ever taken the Metro from New Carrollton to the game? Is parking a problem there?
Parking at new Carrollton shouldnt be a problem.
Haven't from there to the game, but I imagine it'll be a long ride.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:33 AM
goflyers1718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Thanks. Yeah, it looks like it'll be about 30 minutes, but I'm staying in that area so it seems like the best possible option for me.

Old
03-02-2012, 10:53 AM
goflyers1718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Is there anything else that you'd suggest that may take less time? I would just think that parking at the Metro stations is not as easy once you get in DC.

Old
03-02-2012, 11:02 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyers1718 View Post
Is there anything else that you'd suggest that may take less time? I would just think that parking at the Metro stations is not as easy once you get in DC.
Greenbelt or College Park would be marginally shorter rides since you wouldn't have to change trains (don't know what parking is like at Greenbelt but College Park isn't too bad). Ditto for Branch Avenue. All those work well enough if you're trying to stay close to the beltway but depending on where exactly you're staying there may be better options.

It won't make a huge difference for time, but at least for the trip home it might be worth it to get a straight shot.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:08 AM
goflyers1718

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Greenbelt or College Park would be marginally shorter rides since you wouldn't have to change trains (don't know what parking is like at Greenbelt but College Park isn't too bad). Ditto for Branch Avenue. All those work well enough if you're trying to stay close to the beltway but depending on where exactly you're staying there may be better options.

It won't make a huge difference for time, but at least for the trip home it might be worth it to get a straight shot.
I was trying to stay as close to Rt. 50 as possible, since that's where I'll be staying, so I was just going to go to Metro Center and walk from there.

Last edited by goflyers1718: 03-02-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old
03-02-2012, 11:10 AM
goflyers1718

Looks like my hotel is actually within walking distance to the New Carrollton Metro, so I wouldn't even have to worry about parking.

Old
03-02-2012, 12:12 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

No one has any extras for Sundays game?

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 06:50 PM
not quite yoda

Hi,

I just realized that I will be in Washington during Wrestlemania. Do all sports bars in DC usually show it? Is there any place you recommend for it and to have a meal?

Thanks.

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
Hi,

I just realized that I will be in Washington during Wrestlemania. Do all sports bars in DC usually show it? Is there any place you recommend for it and to have a meal?

Thanks.
not all sports bars will show it. Some will, but will most likely charge a couple of bucks ($5-$10) to get into a special room to watch it. WWE usually has a bar partnership program up on their website.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:18 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
not all sports bars will show it. Some will, but will most likely charge a couple of bucks ($5-$10) to get into a special room to watch it. WWE usually has a bar partnership program up on their website.
cool. thanks.

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:24 AM
indfin

My son and I will be in D.C. for some college visits in early April. Going to pick up tix to the April 5 game. Have only been to Verizon Center once (lower level for a Georgetown game). How is the view from the 400 level? Any sections to avoid (i.e. obstructed view, etc.)?

Thanks!

indfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:27 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indfin View Post
My son and I will be in D.C. for some college visits in early April. Going to pick up tix to the April 5 game. Have only been to Verizon Center once (lower level for a Georgetown game). How is the view from the 400 level? Any sections to avoid (i.e. obstructed view, etc.)?

Thanks!
400 level is far from the ice but you can still see pretty well. There are no obstructed view seats to my knowledge.

I hold season tickets in 411 and don't have the best vision, but haven't really had a desire to come down any further, despite multiple opportunities.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:32 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

There's no obstructed view unless you're talking about the mini scoreboard/clock ribbon display along the edge of the bowl. The jumbotron will block that if you're on the ends, not that you'll need it since you can see the jumbotron. Well, that and the out-of town scoreboard.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:48 AM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
400 level is far from the ice but you can still see pretty well. There are no obstructed view seats to my knowledge.

I hold season tickets in 411 and don't have the best vision, but haven't really had a desire to come down any further, despite multiple opportunities.
Got it ... thanks. We will probably end up in 425 in a middle row. We try to get to an arena/stadium on all of our trips and have never seen the Caps in D.C. Plus, as Devils fans, we may have a rooting interest in this one. Here's hoping that the Caps stay where they are and win the first round

indfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 08:18 PM
pucko

Traveling to DC, ticket advice needed

Hi Guys,

We are visiting Washington DC next week and thinking of going to a Caps game vs Panthers on Thursay April 5th. My question is, if we buy separate tickets from different sellers on StubHub, will there be enough available seats at the Mezzanine level so the three of us could sit together? Do you think this game is going to be sold out based on the Caps situtiation with the playoffs?

Thanks.

pucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:47 AM
yay

On mobile, so short.

I would expect the 4/5 game to be pretty crowded, being the last home game. Hard to say exactly right now, because no idea how their playoff position could be. But as its against the division leaders and the caps MAY be in position to take the 3rd seed, it may well be quite crowded. I could easily see it going both ways.

Ushers check tickets, so you may not be able to sit in a different section.

To clarify, all games are sold out. But there could be anywhere from a hundred to a few thousand tickets available, depending on playoff position.

Ok, not so short.

yay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post

there are plenty of obstructed view seats. Stay away from the top 2 rows in either end zone because the scoreboard blocks the far end. My seats have an obstructed view in the corner because the audio equipment for in-game presentation is directly in front of me, and I have to lean to the side to see the nearest corner.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 06:16 AM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

In Washington over the summer

Go Caps!

I'll be in Washington from May to August and want to see a deep playoff run. Please don't me down Capitals.

Off topic: coming over to conduct an internship and need some advice from locals on where to live. I'm a student (hence, on a budget) and will be working as an intern, and my partner is coming with me. Any advice on the best, most economical neighbourhood to live in? Anything other thans Craigslist to find a summer sublet?

I imagine I will have to take the metro, so accessibility to it is key. Is it normal to live in Maryland or Virgina to take the subway in?

Thanks!

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 06:20 AM
Ovechkins Wodka

try to sublet in a college area like college park. you can get cheap rent from the out of towners and metro pretty much anywhere you need.

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:29 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Subletting in CP would be cheap, but it'll also be completely dead over the summer. That's something you have to take into consideration.

Other than Craigslist, I think rent.com, apartments.com, and apartmentfinder.com all list rental classified ads from the local papers. Those will be near the end of the listings.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:38 AM
tycoonheart

Is your internship in the city?

It will definitely be cheaper to live outside the city and metro in, no doubt. I grew up in Arlington and it is very close to the city, but its not really cheap. But you will probably find decent deals if you're patient. The further you get out of the city the cheaper it might be. Not sure what kind of commute you're willing to put up with.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 05:14 PM

Your work location and finances will dictate where you can / should live but as others have said .... try to give yourself easy metro access as it will help your commute on numerous levels.

442 is offline   Reply With Quote