HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

All-Visiting From Out of Town/Ticket Thread for the Washington Capitals

Old
05-09-2012, 02:25 PM
nyrmetros

vCash: 500
How is the center parking lot? Any good?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:50 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
I've never parked there myself so can't really chime in on that one.

06-16-2012, 06:32 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Going to Catholic next year, Flyers fan, but Caps are now my second favorite team....Looking to get a partial game package, signed up, when should I expect a phone call.

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 09:27 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

If you're confirmed on a plan, I'm sure you'll here shortly (I just heard from my rep the other day).

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Dylonus

Thinking of going to a game while my wife and I visit her friend down in D.C. sometime during hockey season.

What's the going rate for a cheap seat? What's the chances of us getting two tickets to a game?

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Thinking of going to a game while my wife and I visit her friend down in D.C. sometime during hockey season.

What's the going rate for a cheap seat? What's the chances of us getting two tickets to a game?
$60-100 depending on opponent. You'll be able to get tickets, though you may have to go through a secondary outlet like StubHub.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Dylonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
$60-100 depending on opponent. You'll be able to get tickets, though you may have to go through a secondary outlet like StubHub.
Nothing cheaper than that, eh?

At least you can get them. I can never get them for Penguins game

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:15 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Nothing cheaper than that, eh?

At least you can get them. I can never get them for Penguins game
If it's the Pens you're trying to see, I expect it to be... more. And in much shorter supply. Penguins tickets are by far the hardest regular season find.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

My friend usually recoups a large portion of his STH costs by selling all of his seats to both Pens games. Those tickets are moneymakers.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:25 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Liverpool Tottenham Game Saturday July 28 Baltimore

Hey guys!
Rangers fan in peace, I was wondering if anyone here from DC is going to the game in Baltimore, that can potentially give me and a my friend a ride? Or can anyone recommend a fast, cheap way of getting there? I don't wanna spend 60$ on AMTRAK.
Thanks!

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

From DC?

You can take the metro to the Light Rail and go. It's just going to take a while. It's not that expensive, but like I said, takes a while.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:16 AM
NeilYoung

Planning a trip to dc in December when do individual caps wizards and redskins tickets go on sale??

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 04:57 AM
CrashTheNet9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
Planning a trip to dc in December when do individual caps wizards and redskins tickets go on sale??

Presale is today and it opens up tomorrow at 10am for the public to buy Caps tickets.

CrashTheNet9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Redskins will have loads on the second hand market for reasonable prices

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 03:32 PM
NeilYoung

Thanks for the responses everyone or the caps tickets was a little surprised how cheap they were pretty awesome, sadly the time Im up there the redskins our on the road

Looking into booking the hotel can anyone list some areas of town I shpd should stay away from, was thinking of trying for something in between Verizon and kettler trying to figure it out

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 05:11 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Kettler (Ballston) is right on the metro line so going for a hotel make sense. If you wanna be able to walk over to Georgetown then Rosslyn would be an option.

usiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:33 AM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Really important question, I'm about to buy a ticket plan online, if the season locks out or starts late, do you know what happens with the plan? Do I get refunded? Money pushed to next season?

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 12:38 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
Really important question, I'm about to buy a ticket plan online, if the season locks out or starts late, do you know what happens with the plan? Do I get refunded? Money pushed to next season?
That's a good question that I'd like to know the answer to as well. I'm guessing it depends on the renewal option you select.

If you do the automatic renewal (like me), then yeah, the money probably gets pushed back to next season, or playoff tickets.

Otherwise, I'd imagine they'll refund you per game as the games are missed. They wouldn't risk the flurry of lawsuits that would come otherwise.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 07:15 PM
lifeisruff

This is a bit of a different question, but where is a good place to live in Washington/Baltimore.

My friend and I were born and raised in the Buffalo area. He moved to Maryland, specifically Laurel and then Lanham.

Now, I love going down to see him and he's always pushing that we move down there, and there is so much more to do in Washington (and probably Baltimore) then in Buffalo.

But....I hate where he lives with the endless highways and strip malls. I really want a quiet village I can walk around on a regular basis, with a Main Street, a village park. I need a place where I can get away and enjoy the great outdoors. For those of you who have lived in upstate New York, something like an East Aurora, Mt. Morris, or Clarence. And in the brief visits I've had down there, I've seen some good things (Great Falls park is the most incredible hike I've ever taking) but there are still a lot of questions. Might there be something in Virginia or on the other side of Baltimore that might be more suited to my tastes? Preferably that isn't an hour out of either city?

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisruff View Post
This is a bit of a different question, but where is a good place to live in Washington/Baltimore.

My friend and I were born and raised in the Buffalo area. He moved to Maryland, specifically Laurel and then Lanham.

Now, I love going down to see him and he's always pushing that we move down there, and there is so much more to do in Washington (and probably Baltimore) then in Buffalo.

But....I hate where he lives with the endless highways and strip malls. I really want a quiet village I can walk around on a regular basis, with a Main Street, a village park. I need a place where I can get away and enjoy the great outdoors. For those of you who have lived in upstate New York, something like an East Aurora, Mt. Morris, or Clarence. And in the brief visits I've had down there, I've seen some good things (Great Falls park is the most incredible hike I've ever taking) but there are still a lot of questions. Might there be something in Virginia or on the other side of Baltimore that might be more suited to my tastes? Preferably that isn't an hour out of either city?
Unless you're willing to spend the big bucks to live somewhere like Great Falls, you're probably SOL. Not as familiar with Maryland, but anywhere in Northern Virginia that's within 45min-hour of the city is going to be strip malls and highways. The "quiet little towns" in the area have all disappeared in favor of suburban sprawl in the past few decades. There are still some nice town centers (old town Alexandria, Fairfax city, downtown Herndon, etc.), but not a whole lot of outdoors near them.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 07:33 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

If you can live with being 2hrs or so out of the cities, the WV panhandle has some places like what you're describing (my dad lives in Berkeley Springs WV and its basically like that, small town-ish and tons of wilderness etc.)

Close to the cities and you're running into the ridiculously expensive, though, e.g. Annapolis.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 09:25 PM
lifeisruff

Thanks, maybe, if I'm to move south, I should consider a smaller city like Fredrick. Or way east by Delaware. Not something that is a true village, but something with a village like feel, and then drive 20 to 30 minutes to the good hiking and biking spots.

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Do you guys happen to have a updated ticket thread for this year I should be posting this in? If so, could a mod move this to the correct thread? If not, this one is good enough for me...

I'm just trying to compare what each team is offering their season ticket holders during the lockout. Most teams are offering two different options. One option usually offers a monthly refund on games missed during this lockout. The other option is usually, you let the team keep all money you have paid in for the '12-'13 season and you get a certain % APR on your account for money paid in. B's are offering 3%.

Just curious if you guys have been offered anything yet? If so, if someone has a email that shows the options, and they don't mind posting it, I'd appreciate it. This is the B's offer-

Quote:
Option #1: Loyalty Program

You may elect to earn a 3% APR credit on the ticket money for games missed. In electing this option all ticket money and credit from games missed must stay on account. By choosing this option you will be committing to renew your season tickets for the 2013-14 season and you will lock in a price freeze on your season tickets for the 2013-14 season.

Option #2: Monthly Refund

You may elect to earn a 1% APR credit on the ticket money for games missed and receive monthly refunds on the ticket money for games missed. Your 1% APR credit from games missed will stay on account.
Not surprisingly, they fail to mention in both options, that they are going to continue charging you for payments during the lockout...even though there is not sign of the season start date. I believe most teams are suspending payment. I'm just curious to find out exactly how many are. I have speculated that many of the more popular Canadian teams may not feel the need to make great offs to their ST bases. As they may feel they don't have the other major sports to condoned with that many US states with NHL teams have.

The Wild are suspending payments and offering the highest % APR return at 10%-

Quote:
September 17, 2012

Re: 9569XXX

Dear Buddy ,

The Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between the NHL and the Players’ Association expired without a new agreement having been reached. As a result, the opening of training camps may be delayed and it is possible that games in the 2012-13 regular season may be cancelled. The Wild organization apologizes for the inconvenience this necessary action will cause our loyal fans.

Our relationship with you, a valued Season Ticket Holder, is very important to us, and we have put in place a program which we believe will allow you to add value to your investment with the Wild, even if games are missed.

Your remaining payments, due on October 15, November 15, December 14, and January 15, will not be charged until a new CBA agreement has been reached. Once the 2012-2013 season is confirmed, we will resume any remaining payment on the 15th of the following month.

Once a new CBA is agreed upon, you will receive a credit on your account for missed games, if any, plus 10% interest (APR) on the dollar value of tickets for those games once the funds in your season ticket account exceed the value of remaining scheduled games (that interest will be calculated on a daily basis between the date of the cancelled game and the date of the newly confirmed NHL season schedule). The ensuing credit on your account for the value of missed games and calculated interest can be applied toward future games, playoffs or subsequent season renewals.

If you find it necessary to forego the game credit and interest payment approach, we request that you contact your account representative to initiate the refund process for the value of any cancelled games which are not rescheduled. To allow for the possibility of rescheduled games, refunds will not begin until after the NHL has confirmed any cancelled games will not be rescheduled. Refunds will only be made once the funds in your season ticket account exceed the value of the remaining scheduled games.

As always, please feel free to contact , your Fan Relations Account Representative at with any questions or concerns you may have. In addition, we’ve produced an online FAQ document that you can access at www.wild.com/cbanews.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Xcel Energy Center!

Matt Majka

Chief Operating Officer

Minnesota Wild

09-21-2012, 12:43 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Caps offer is only 1%, but I don't have the e-mail handy.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Caps offer is only 1%, but I don't have the e-mail handy.
The APR offer really isn't as big a benny as many are making it out to be.

If you are a average joe balcony STH for the B's with a pair of seats worth a little over 4k, your 3% APR credit for the 8 missed home games in the month of October (the most home games of any month in the season) you will receive ONE dollar in APR interest. Most STH's don't really know how APR works. And I'm sure most teams are "banking" on the fact they don't know how it works.

The bigger question, is your team suspending monthly payments during the lockout if you are on a monthly payment plan? It many not state if they are or not in your email or letter you received. If it doesn't state it (like the B's didn't) more than likely they will continue the monthly charge. If it does state it (like the Wild did) obviously your good and won't be charged.

Most teams have a "frequently asked question" area that will answer it. That was the case with the B's. And in their case, they are continuing to charge us. So in effect, in November I will be charged my November payment, and the next day I will receive a refund for the missed games in October

Looch is offline   Reply With Quote