HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BOB GAINEY NIGHT GDT: 2/23/08 Columbus @ Montreal 7:30PM EST RDS (HD), CBC (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Zeus54
Trollololol

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
We outshot them, out-hit them, spend 2/3 of the game in their zone, shooting the puck almost to a desperate attempt to force the puck in and that STILL constitutes as a lack of effort.
For you the only definitions of "better effort" is a win Man I know youre type. You ain't there for the losses you shouldn't be there for the wins. Go watch some curling. I'm done.

Yayyyyy we had more shots and hits than them! Whoope! Hey, they were missing a few keys in order to win the game such as... actually scoring on the PP, some heart, some passion and some intensity. Good luck winning without those things. I support the team no matter what, but they deserved to get booed tonight. That's fact. And apparently for you, anybody who thinks that, sucks as a fan.

Old
02-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Lafleurs Guy

I think Columbus just outplayed us. Simple as that.

They got bodies in front of every puck and played a perfect defensive trapping style game. Plus, their goalie was great. You can't win 'em all.

Nothing to panic about, we just need to rebound next game.

Old
02-24-2008, 12:42 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroin Hero View Post
How did you find the fans booing the Habs, ''disgusting''? Fans pay good money to see these millionaires play a game and know what they got in return? A loss, plus zero goals - on Gainey Night. It was only deserving that the guys in the red shirts on the ice got booed.
Well, if you think about it... no goals on Bob Gainey night could be seen as kind of a tribute couldn't it?

Old
02-24-2008, 12:46 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Gainey's jersey retirement ceremenoy was one of the best i ever seen if not the best, that was very well done!

Leclaire was very solid tonight and made many key saves, including some real nice one with his shoulders. He was perfect.
The ceremony was pretty good but you always expect it from the Habs organization.They always seem to get these ceremonies right.I did get a chuckle though from one of the comments on the Gainey thread over at the Bruins board where one Bruins fan that Gainey was only a "average" player.I guess he missed the part where the Russians once said that Gainey was the most complete player in the world.Just another bitter Bruins fan.....

Old
02-24-2008, 01:03 AM
sheed36

CBC's after hours got Chelios on right now and he just congratulated Gainey on getting his number retired tonight and thanked him for showing him what leadership was all about. Trading Chelios was one of the biggest mistakes Habs management ever did.Also...The just showed that it as been 6 years already (Feb 24) since Team Canada won the Olympic Gold medal in Salt Lake City.

Old
02-24-2008, 01:03 PM
CBJheadhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
For not winning? So you're telling me fans are paying for a win instead of watching two teams compete? That they should feel cheated out of their money because Habs didn't come out with the victory? Sorry that's just plain ignorant.
You make it sound they're lying on their ass sipping margaritas. They tried, they just got beaten by the better team. It's never a guarantee win so if you're team looses, you don't show a lack of support and respect for athletes sacrificing their bodies for your entertainment.

As for the booing, watching you're team loose is frustrating for anybody. But way to kick them while they're down by letting them know you think they suck. True fans support the team through wins and losses. Get that in your head.
From a CBJ fan...I have to agree. I watched the game and was so surprised to hear the fans booing to that extent. Come to Columbus and watch a team that after 7 years is still not making the playoffs. Yes, you will hear some booing during a lackluster game near the end of the season, when the guys are not working hard, but even with the disappointments we've had year after year, we recognize our team for their hard work and efforts the majority of the time.

Closed Thread