HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brown & Avery are Fine Physically

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Face Wash

vCash: 500

From today's LA TIMES:

Forwards Sean Avery and Dustin Brown are healthy enough to play tonight, Murray said. Avery appeared to get the worst of a knee-to-knee hit with Jason Marshall in Monday's 2-2 tie with the Minnesota Wild. Brown sat out Monday's game after aggravating an ankle injury that sidelined him for 26 games.

Old
01-28-2004, 04:02 PM
punchy1

This ought to be interesting then.

Old
01-28-2004, 11:12 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

i'm out of town, so i wasnt able to see what happened to avery...can someone tell me about the hit...was it dirty/payback?...or was it straka-like

Old
01-29-2004, 12:07 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
hmmmmm....sometimes i wonder about you FW. :p

01-29-2004, 12:22 AM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
i'm out of town, so i wasnt able to see what happened to avery...can someone tell me about the hit...was it dirty/payback?...or was it straka-like
I think Marshall was leaning with his leg but I didn't have a good look at it ... does anybody have a differing view?

Old
01-29-2004, 01:21 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
I think Marshall was leaning with his leg but I didn't have a good look at it ... does anybody have a differing view?
yeah, marshall stuck the leg out a bit, but avery also jumped out of the way and so marshall's knee crashed right onto avery's thigh. maybe marshall leaned a bit much, but not especially dirty in my opinion.

Old
01-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
hmmmmm....sometimes i wonder about you FW. :p

Don't be outing me Jesus!! That's just wrong! :p

Old
01-30-2004, 06:24 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I think that Avery > Sim and Chartrand. I sure hope that Andy will see the light.

Also, Gleason > Holland. Let the kid play and send Holland anywhere but LA.

Old
01-30-2004, 04:56 PM
punchy1

This is starting to be a real pissing contest now. Andy ISN'T playing Avery and to the best of our combined knowledge he isn't injured either. Avery simply is the better player than Sim and Charty. I like both of them lads and they are solid too but, I have to doubt that Avery would have muffed that wide open net and he also has proven his ability to crawl right under the skin of Floppa and others. Avery has earned his right to play. Like Frolov last season, Avery is being passed over in favour of lesser talented players by Andy and again, it is to our deteriment.

Andy's system is straiff pisser and on the kip, and he is also the salt of the earth and I don't doubt is giving his true heart and soul to us and our team. My single trouble with him is the same now as it has been since he started with us and that is his player personell choices. We are *FINALLY* seeing a couple of lines get the chance to learn each other and play together (up front anyways) and that is something Andy seem loath to do. We *were* seeing it on the back end but then Andy, had to pull Avery for Sim and others and it just goes on and on.

I love Andy and all but, why is it so hard for him to see that the more time these lads get to spend playing together the better they become and that just because someone is a little older and has a few more games of experience it don't make them better.

Avery is allot of things but one thing you can't knock him on is his fire and passion and his ability to get on another player. Charty and Sim both play with their hearts and are great to have, Avery is simply better, when given half a chance anyways.

Oh, and to answer in advance those of us who will say he makes poor choices at times I can only say that he is young, and will *never* break them habbits if he isn't on the ice. Now, he has sat a couple of games and will be a bit rusty so if and when he does come back, will more than likely make a mistake or two and make Andy look right smart on the call when the truth is that he, Avery, should with exception to his injury, should always being given some ice time in order to become the great player we have gotten glimpses of.

Old
01-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
This is starting to be a real pissing contest now. Andy ISN'T playing Avery and to the best of our combined knowledge he isn't injured either. Avery simply is the better player than Sim and Charty. I like both of them lads and they are solid too but, I have to doubt that Avery would have muffed that wide open net and he also has proven his ability to crawl right under the skin of Floppa and others. Avery has earned his right to play. Like Frolov last season, Avery is being passed over in favour of lesser talented players by Andy and again, it is to our deteriment.

Andy's system is straiff pisser and on the kip, and he is also the salt of the earth and I don't doubt is giving his true heart and soul to us and our team. My single trouble with him is the same now as it has been since he started with us and that is his player personell choices. We are *FINALLY* seeing a couple of lines get the chance to learn each other and play together (up front anyways) and that is something Andy seem loath to do. We *were* seeing it on the back end but then Andy, had to pull Avery for Sim and others and it just goes on and on.

I love Andy and all but, why is it so hard for him to see that the more time these lads get to spend playing together the better they become and that just because someone is a little older and has a few more games of experience it don't make them better.

Avery is allot of things but one thing you can't knock him on is his fire and passion and his ability to get on another player. Charty and Sim both play with their hearts and are great to have, Avery is simply better, when given half a chance anyways.

Oh, and to answer in advance those of us who will say he makes poor choices at times I can only say that he is young, and will *never* break them habbits if he isn't on the ice. Now, he has sat a couple of games and will be a bit rusty so if and when he does come back, will more than likely make a mistake or two and make Andy look right smart on the call when the truth is that he, Avery, should with exception to his injury, should always being given some ice time in order to become the great player we have gotten glimpses of.
2 things Punchy
No one knows if Avery is hurt. There has been very little in the paper about it. And the worst thing they can do is announce Avery has a knee sprain so the other team targets him.
We have been having success w/o him in the lineup. I agree with AM to reward the guys that got you the win or salavaged a tie against the Lanche with icetime.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:41 PM
punchy1

True but weren't it in the papers that he was fine to play and, the last time Avery played he scored a goal and the team won. If we were to stand by those two premises out there then Avery should be right quick back in the line up. I mean, it is true that Avery could in fact be injured but listed as a healthy scratch and as I said in my post, that changes everything but, under the assumption that we are being told the truth about his being a healthy scratch and Andy's idea of sticking with the players who got you the win then, I find it obvious that Avery should be in the line up.

Thats just my way of seeing it though, I were right off on the way Frolov were used last year as well. I mean, we watched Craig Johnson and Emmerson get gobs of PP time while our young star who actually really could use the time saw none. Now, were are them two veterans that got all of that ice time and were is Frolov?

To me, it is just more of the same saying one thing regarding our lads and doing another. Andy says he wants to reward the players who perform yet, it took the entire team to go down before Frolov saw any top six ice time or any PP time and look at how brilliant the lad is off to since. I see the same thing in Avery. I mean, I love Brownie and feel him a dandy but, at this point, Avery not only scores more but is out performing Dustin significantly but, you don't see Dustin sitting out then.

I understand what you are saying and would agree with you if it didn't contradict what Andy actually does. Of course, like I said in my original post, if Avery is still injured and we are merely being told he is a healthy scratch then that changes everything. Of a sort.

Old
01-31-2004, 01:56 AM
No One

Today's L.A. Times (January 30, print edition) had the following...

"King forward Sean Avery did not play for a second consecutive game because of a leg injury"

Closed Thread