HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So I went to Toronto Today........

Old
02-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Digger03

vCash: 500
So I went to Toronto Today........

I went to Toronto today well Mississauga to be exact but still the same lol anyway I was there for my daughters wrestling tourney and when I woke up this morning I hadn't figured out what I wanted to wear. I open my closet and staring at me is my Jersey and I thought oh yeah baby this should be good. I have never gotten the chance to wear my Habs jersey in TO so why not ? lol anyway to my surprise the whole time I was there not one "Habs Suck" "Go Leafs " NOTHING at all came my way. I did have two Habs fans approach me though we chatted about how well we are doing and all the good stuff to come with the youngsters coming up yadda yadda yadda . I was really hoping for some good ol razing but right now you can really tell they are at an all time low and Im LOVING IT! GO HABS!

Digger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 06:47 PM
bjac

I live in downtown Toronto and have never had a problem with Leafs fans heckling me over my Habs clothing (hat, jersey, ect.). I have actually had more compliments about my Habs gear than insults... Its a pretty friendly city that way, especially since the Leafs are struggling.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 07:03 PM
m00ks

But even here, unless its after or before a game near the Bell center there isnt any hazing. You can walk with your Toronto jersey and not get one comment thrown at you unless of course the Habs were playing the Leafs that night but even then youd have to be near the Bell center to get hazed.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Diamond Joe

People in Toronto embrace hockey more than a lot of people think, a lot of real hockey fans respect Montreal as an opponent as well as an incredibly storied franchise.

Diamond Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Ghost of Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger03 View Post
I went to Toronto today well Mississauga to be exact but still the same lol anyway I was there for my daughters wrestling tourney and when I woke up this morning I hadn't figured out what I wanted to wear. I open my closet and staring at me is my Jersey and I thought oh yeah baby this should be good. I have never gotten the chance to wear my Habs jersey in TO so why not ? lol anyway to my surprise the whole time I was there not one "Habs Suck" "Go Leafs " NOTHING at all came my way. I did have two Habs fans approach me though we chatted about how well we are doing and all the good stuff to come with the youngsters coming up yadda yadda yadda . I was really hoping for some good ol razing but right now you can really tell they are at an all time low and Im LOVING IT! GO HABS!
Are you an overly aggressive-looking individual?
That's the only reason I can imagine for you not getting heckled. I went to Canada Day in Ottawa a couple years ago in a Habs t-shirt and got a LOT of comments directed my way

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 07:35 PM
MastaK

I'm surprised you didn't get any comments.
When I see a Leafs jersey in Montreal I have to atleast say a little "Leafs suck" or "MONTRÉÉÉÉÉÉÉAL!" with a big québécois accent. It's part of the fun of having a rivalry, isn't it? (As long as there is no violence )

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 08:10 PM
habfan4

There is a sizable expat Montrealer community here in Toronto, which means there is a tonne of Hab fans amongst the unwashed here in Toronto.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 08:28 PM
harbsy87

there all banwaggoners

harbsy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Airborne Troll*

It's nice.

Airborne Troll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:59 PM
AhSurre

I live in Toronto and I know personally alot of fans of The Habs, but I also know Bruins fans, Red Wings fans, Penguins fans, Sens fans etc. I don't know if other cities are like this but here in Toronto you'll see alot of different jerseys and fans of different teams from around the NHL so nobody really says anything about it. Especially not in random public places, you'd have to actually be at a Leafs game to hear it for the most part.

AhSurre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Crispy Crust

Well I live in Mississauga, but no one is going to heckle you if you wear a habs jersey. Who cares, as far as I am concerned only drunk @ssholes spend most of their time doing that.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 11:13 PM
thehabsvolta

I live in toronto and wear my jerseys all the time. Most times I get comments from other habs fans and such. The only time I ever get heckled is when I wear my jersey at school. People will say stuff but its usually in a joking manner and everyone laughs it off. It's not too bad really.

thehabsvolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I live in Mississauga and most of the people that live on my street are Leaf fans. I'll take some ribbings here and there and dish it right back. But nothing serious and it's all in fun.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I've lived in TO the last 4 years, and I've never had a single comment from a Leafs fan about any of my Habs apparel. (And esp. in the winter, I'm wearing a Habs hoodie or toque almost every day). But there have been LOTS of fellow Habs fans who have had a friendly comment.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote