HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Now this is a rivalry!

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2004, 12:47 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Now this is a rivalry!

Jody Shelley: You just hate losing to those guys. It's sickening. I think I had a sick taste in my mouth this morning. Losing to (the Predators) in this building … I can't stand anything about those guys. None of us can stand one thing about them. We had control of that game and we just let them back in. It (stinks). I knew he (Tootoo) wasn't going to fight me. I had about six things running through my head — I was going to grab him and do something stupid or grab someone and do something stupid. But then you think that's playing right into their game, and boy would they be smiling if you gave them another (power play). We get to play them again and that's a good thing. It makes it that much better for us.

http://tennessean.com/sports/predato...nt_ID=46287117

Old
02-02-2004, 12:49 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I just hope they don't go thug on us in Columbus because the last game in Nashville would get really bad and as much as I love hits and fights, if there sole intent is to injure, it's not so much fun.

Old
02-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

I'm surprised Shelley had six things running through his mind.

Old
02-02-2004, 01:18 PM
volzok

Quote:
Originally posted bySir Ozzie X

hahahaha Thats classic, I love it. The sad thing is you are not far from the truth.

Old
02-02-2004, 03:59 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I just hope they don't go thug on us in Columbus because the last game in Nashville would get really bad and as much as I love hits and fights, if there sole intent is to injure, it's not so much fun.
Us, go "thug" on you? Our players weren't snacking on fingers, jumping into the crowd, throwing sticks like spears, and getting into it with police officers.

Old
02-02-2004, 04:06 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
I believe both of these teams are in the top 5 in toughness in the NHL. I don't think either of these teams are going to go out of there way to hurt people. Shelley is doing what he is suppose to do. He is suppose to intimidate. I don't think it will work. but I'm certainly glad he made the comments. should make the next game very interesting.

Old
02-02-2004, 04:07 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

No they were to busy recruiting for the KKK and stealing equipment.

Old
02-02-2004, 04:11 PM
volzok

I think its great how much of a rivalry this has become. I think more rivalries would increase the number of fans. But back to the point. These two teams, and their fans, are really starting to hate each other. I dont know if any team would go "thug" on the other, but then again there have been some pretty heated moments the last few games. Sometime its gonna have to reach a boiling point. As long as the hockey is as intense as the fights, this is a great rivalry. If it gets to a point where its just boxing, than I dont approve of that. Even if you look at the old Wings-Avs rivalry, while there was a lot of fist throwing, the hockey matched that intensity.

Old
02-02-2004, 05:37 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i've noticed that on the part of nashville fans....the rivalry is more about playful ribbing.

for columbus fans...it's about abject hatred.

i guess it must be the lopsided record

Old
02-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by volzok
I think its great how much of a rivalry this has become. I think more rivalries would increase the number of fans. But back to the point. These two teams, and their fans, are really starting to hate each other. I dont know if any team would go "thug" on the other, but then again there have been some pretty heated moments the last few games. Sometime its gonna have to reach a boiling point. As long as the hockey is as intense as the fights, this is a great rivalry. If it gets to a point where its just boxing, than I dont approve of that. Even if you look at the old Wings-Avs rivalry, while there was a lot of fist throwing, the hockey matched that intensity.
I agree. Once both teams get good enough to compete for the playoffs on a yearly basis and both teams are filled with their own draft picks, the rivalry will really take off.

In a few years time, there'll be a massive chaning of the guard in the Central (if the divisions stay the same). Detroit is going to have half their team retire after this season, but they still have young guys like Dats, Zetterberg, Hudler, Kronwell, and Grigenoko to put on the ice, so they'll be competitive. The Blews are starting to get a little long in the tooth, but their blue line is young and the forwards will still be good. Long term goaltending is in issue. There there is Chicago, Preds and Jackets, all of which have a decent amount of high end youth that will all be coming into the league at around the same time. I'd say in three years the division will look like:

Nashville
Columbus
Chicago
Detroit
St. Louis

I think if we have that one action, like the Draper hit or something similar, then our rivalry will take off.

Old
02-02-2004, 05:45 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Meh, KKK or Cannibals (not so)Anonymous.....is one really better than the other?

I tell you one thing though, Tootoo is certainly showing that he's proud to represent the teeth on the front of his jersey, and as fans, you should be thrilled.

Old
02-02-2004, 05:50 PM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity
Us, go "thug" on you? Our players weren't snacking on fingers, jumping into the crowd, throwing sticks like spears, and getting into it with police officers.
The latter part of that game, all the BJs were doing was running at our guys. They were frustrated and it showed.

As far as the whole Tootoo having some "lady fingers" I highly doubt that story. How did Tootoo bite him through his glove? Unless his glove came off, then since he was giving Jordin a facewash, his fingers might have ended up in Tootoo's mouth.

I also thought it interesting that the guy who gets into it with a fan suited up for Cloumbus last year.

Old
02-02-2004, 05:54 PM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Who ordered the DEAD HORSE???

Old
02-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcheck85
Who ordered the DEAD HORSE???
I did!

*beats the dead horse to a pulp*

Old
02-02-2004, 06:54 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't hate Columbus, I hate the Wings, the Avs and the Nucks, I don't hate Columbus, I love messing with their fans here.

Old
02-02-2004, 09:01 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
Darn, you took what I was going to say

Old
02-03-2004, 01:03 AM
3mta3

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I noticed you didn't reply to my post in another thread when you called Wright a racist, so I'll link you to it and see if you'll respond THIS time...

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...62&postcount=6

I would think someone so desperate for attention from Columbus fans would be able to present a better argument.

Old
02-03-2004, 01:27 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

No, just upsets you more if I don't respond.

Old
02-03-2004, 08:46 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mta3
I noticed you didn't reply to my post in another thread when you called Wright a racist, so I'll link you to it and see if you'll respond THIS time...

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...62&postcount=6

I would think someone so desperate for attention from Columbus fans would be able to present a better argument.
Someone doesn't reply to a post, and instead of PM'ing them about the topic you post it in a thread? I think you're desperate for attention.

Old
02-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
please, go back to your board and quit trolling.

Old
02-03-2004, 01:39 PM
3mta3

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Someone doesn't reply to a post, and instead of PM'ing them about the topic you post it in a thread? I think you're desperate for attention.
I am. Thanks for your validation. I'm writing you down in my diary now. You'll always be special to me. Thanks for being one of the little people who made it all possible.

The point is that it's easy to run around throwing names at people, but not so easy to respond when evidence to counter it is.

Allow me to demonstrate: triggrman's comments were libelous to Tyler Wright. See how easy that was? Now watch as I don't reply to anyone saying they weren't unless pressed to do so.

Old
02-03-2004, 02:16 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mta3
I am. Thanks for your validation. I'm writing you down in my diary now. You'll always be special to me. Thanks for being one of the little people who made it all possible.

The point is that it's easy to run around throwing names at people, but not so easy to respond when evidence to counter it is.

Allow me to demonstrate: triggrman's comments were libelous to Tyler Wright. See how easy that was? Now watch as I don't reply to anyone saying they weren't unless pressed to do so.
please, go back to your board and quit trolling. If you feel this needs to further discussed (and in a mature manner), feel free to PM me, buddy.

Last edited by crossxcheck: 02-03-2004 at 03:26 PM.
Old
02-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead
As far as the whole Tootoo having some "lady fingers" I highly doubt that story. How did Tootoo bite him through his glove? Unless his glove came off, then since he was giving Jordin a facewash, his fingers might have ended up in Tootoo's mouth.
Old football story: At a Bears game, Dick Butkus was accused of biting an opponents fingers. When the Ref asked Butkus, Butkus asked, "Does he still have his fingers?" When the Ref replied,"Yes". Butkus said, "Well,then I didn't bite."

Wright still has his fingers so I doubt that Jordin actually bit him.

Closed Thread