HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks at Preds, 1-31-04

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 07:08 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Sharks at Preds, 1-31-04

neeeeed to win this one, with so many teams all floating around the same place. a win here could help us start to put some distance between ourselves and the flames. we've got a good thing going at home, but the sharks have been one of the hottest teams in the league, and certainly have our number. vokoun will simply have to be better than he has, if we're going to win this game.

Old
01-31-2004, 03:46 PM
volzok

Hopefully we get a break since the played last night. Who do you think will be the goalie for them tonight? Toskala played yesterday, so I am thinking Nabakov. I think the two keys to the game are going to be the PK and crashing the net. The PK has struggled lately and the Sharks have a decent PP. The Sharks D has been inconsistent lately and the goalies have kept them in the games the D hasnt played well. I think if the Preds crash the net they will get some very good scoring chances and should come out winning this one. I think it should be a very good game if neither team comes out flat.

Old
01-31-2004, 09:47 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

More than likely Nabby will be in goal for the Sharks. It should be a difficult game but if we just keep it simple and play our game should pull out a win. I'll say 4-3 Preds.

Old
02-01-2004, 12:41 AM
volzok

Good first period by the Preds. Sharks seemed to look a little tired, especially at the beginning. We shall see if the Preds can keep it up.

Old
02-01-2004, 01:41 AM
volzok

Well I forgot that this was a home game and no one is here to chat. Well good first 10 minutes of the 2nd by the Preds. But then the Sharks started to play hard and crash the net like the Preds did the first 30 minutes of the game. That "goal" by Marleau seemed to suck it out of the Preds. I dont see how they called that a goal. The goal judge had to call that. The video replay could not prove that the puck crossed the line. Even the Sharks announcers couldnt believe they called that a goal. Well tough period for Preds will have to start crashing the net again to get pass Nabokov.

Old
02-01-2004, 02:15 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I'm here to chat

Of course can't watch the game though

Old
02-01-2004, 02:30 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Preds win in OT!!!

Old
02-01-2004, 02:35 AM
volzok

What a great OT. 2 points, aye The Preds continued to crash the net and it payed off getting the last 2 goals. Great OT by Hartnell and Zidlicky. I would like to get everyones opinion on the refs calling that Marleau play a goal. Surely the goal judge called that, does anyone else have a clue. Good game by the Preds and didnt quit fighting.

Old
02-01-2004, 02:56 AM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
good game, we really just played the 1st and 3rd, I don't know what was going on in the 2nd...anyway that game should have not even went to OT, I don't know what the goal judge was seeing, but the view from above didn't show the puck visually going over the net. I'll have to give my buddy Tony Paradise an email to see what the deal was...

Old
02-01-2004, 03:03 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by volzok
What a great OT. 2 points, aye The Preds continued to crash the net and it payed off getting the last 2 goals. Great OT by Hartnell and Zidlicky. I would like to get everyones opinion on the refs calling that Marleau play a goal. Surely the goal judge called that, does anyone else have a clue. Good game by the Preds and didnt quit fighting.

The goal review was inconclusive. So that asked the goal judge what he thought and he thought it was a goal, so they awarded it. He was the only person in the building who saw it. Still, the Sharks had been pressuring (Hamhuis allowed a 2 on 1 just moments earlier) and they earned it.

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 02-02-2004 at 11:42 AM.
Old
02-01-2004, 03:18 AM
volzok

Quote:
Originally posted by SmokeyClause
Still, the Sharks had been pressuring (Hamhuis allowed a 2 on 1 just moments earlier) and they earned it.
I totally agree that they earned it. The Sharks totally outplayed the Preds the last 10 minutes of the 2nd. I really think that Nabakov kept them in that game. The Sharks played poor on D really the whole game. But Vokoun played well also. Very good and exciting game.

Old
02-01-2004, 03:22 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by volzok
I totally agree that they earned it. The Sharks totally outplayed the Preds the last 10 minutes of the 2nd. I really think that Nabakov kept them in that game. The Sharks played poor on D really the whole game. But Vokoun played well also. Very good and exciting game.
Yeah, I thought the Sharks did looked average at best. They had been able to use their size in previous games to neutralize our speed advantage and while the refs weren't calling holdings tonight, we were able to outskate them.

Old
02-01-2004, 03:48 AM
Jarnberg

Another big win for the boys, they are really making the GEC a tough place to get a win lately

Old
02-01-2004, 03:54 AM
gopreds98

Send a message via Yahoo to gopreds98
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
The goal review was inconclusive. So that asked the goal judge what he thought and he thought it was a goal, so they awarded it. He was the only person in the building who saw it. Still, the Sharks had been pressuring (Hamhuis allowed a 2 on 1 just moments earlier) and they earned it.
I sit behind the net and it was a pretty obvious goal. The only thing I thought that might have been in question would have been if the ref *intended* to blow the whistle before the puck crossed the goal line.

Oh well....we got the win, so I'm not going to complain.

And I love that this game had the worst possible outcome for the Stars.

Old
02-01-2004, 04:17 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I too sat behind the net, it was a goal.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:06 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Definitely the best game I've ever been to, my first OT Winner. Took two "semi" fans along and they both were talking about when the next time they could get back was. The crowd was very good, packed house and was pretty loud most of the game.
We may not play the best hockey in the world, but especially at home, it seems we are determined to just win. In the last couple of minutes of the third and in OT we seemed to say, "ok Sharks, you won't get any more chances, we on the other hand will pound your goal with shots." And we do it, and get that gamer.

I was impressed by Hartnell's skating, and especially the dipsy-doodle move he put on one of the Sharks d-men to get a good scoring chance. Zidlicky also had a similar move to get a good chance. Zidlicky's game winner was beautiful, he had maybe 6 inches to work with, and he prooved that was more than enough by roofing it with 15 seconds.

Winning helps bring in fans, that is the bottom line. But even more so, a game like this will bring in even bigger numbers. Non-hockey fanatics don't necesarily enjoy what we know as "good hockey" but a game like this will bring back casual fans time and time again.

Sorry for the long rambling post, but tonight I feel as if God Himself said, "brian, this is your day...anything you want, go ahead, have it......so i chose an OT winner."

Old
02-01-2004, 09:12 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I had to Tivo this one...and Jonesey almost ruined it for me by IMing me about it while i was still watching. Fortunately...I closed it out before I saw anything :p

as for the game...it's hard not to feel good after this one. Frighteningly enough, we can actually consider a game in February with the Things a "four point game.' Let's keep adding to the cushion

Everyone had a pretty solid game tonight... disappointed to see the ALW line broken up, but Hartnell had one of his best all-around games without actually scoring a goal. Zids, in addition to leading the team in shots tonight...made some of the SICKEST moves of the year...especially that one in OT, coming off the boards. Jason Morgan...what a pleasant surprise he has been. That fourth line brings great energy, and he seems to actually create some chances with Tootoo and Smith. Smith and Morgan looked awesome on the PK as well. Vokoun made some HUUUGE saves. The first goal was flukey...and a bummer...and the second one he probably should have had(his reaction time seems kind of off) but those types of shots have always troubled him, it seems...but he made the saves when he had to. Dimitrakos was probably the Sharks' best player, as far as I could tell. created chances, made some pretty sweet moves..luckily Voks stoned him.

Great to see a sellout...and that's the type of game that makes hockey fans. big hits, exciting scores..a comeback...and then a down-to-the-wire OT win.

Old
02-01-2004, 12:15 PM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Awesome win! I think the boys worked harder in that final period/OT than I've ever seen them. This is definitely not the OLD Predators.

Kudos to Walks! Now the all-time leader scorer for the Preds, does anyone in the league work hard every shift?

Oh, and what an atmosphere! Everyone stayed in their seats through the three stars, which is pretty rare.

Old
02-02-2004, 07:50 AM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Great win. Great crowd. Great night. Hopefully some of those fans that arenít regulars, come back again. The Preds deserve the full support of this town now that they are playing so well.

They really gave it their all out there. (well for a good bit of the game anyways)

Timonen made some really great plays to break up the Sharks rushes. I thought he had a really strong game. And Hartnell looked really good out there. And great saves by some other players not named Vokoun!
Zidlickyís move to score was great. I donít think anyone else would have had that kind of patience to do that.
Tootoo will shoot from anywhere, and it almost always seems to go on net. Now, if more of them would go in that would be even better.

Nice to move into second in the division!!! To that other team in first place, weíre coming for you!

Closed Thread