HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anyone want Huselius?

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 06:17 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. kØUkLØs
A defenceman you say?

Drake Berehowsky and a 3rd

or Josef Melichar strait up
or Micheal Rozsival (for next year)
What the hell type of a proposal is that, this could be a future 30 goal man were talking about. Start with Orpik and move from there.

Old
01-31-2004, 08:48 PM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan5Mezei
I know that LeCavilier's trade value is very low....
What the hell are you talking about?!?

Old
01-31-2004, 09:07 PM
Impossibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfish
Huselius would be perfect in a Vancouver uniform... What would they need in return i am not sure.

I know Florida was looking for a d-man, but with the recent injury to Jovocop I am not sure we could offer one up
I think we've reached our Swede quota.

Old
01-31-2004, 09:22 PM
Starsdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
Is that how bad Kapanen has been this year? I thought he had an excellent first year and would just progress.
Unfortunately he hasn't. Still decent on the penalty kill but little else

Old
01-31-2004, 09:29 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Its amazing how people will consistently post on these boards how Florida is supposed to be such a good team in the coming years, but when they offer trades for any of the players, they treat the players like they should be AHL'ers at best. Homerism running amuck I say, or just a bunch of people who love to talk out both sides of their mouths. Personally, Florida should hang on to Huselius as his game, ALL AROUND, has improved. He has been playin a solid two way game for a lil over a month, and was recently moved in between Hagman and Hordichuk, with the line starting to click. Florida would be insane to take any of these paltry offers or thoughts of offers mentioned so far in this thread. Not one helps any with the future of this club.
I guess you didn't see the one involving Markov.

Inconsistent Euro snipers like Huselius are pretty common. It's not like there's a league-wide shortage, and every team seems to have a few of their own.

On the other hand, a top 4 defenceman with top 2, PP QB upside, is pretty rare. He's not even 25, and makes less than 1.5 million. I can't think of a player-type with a higher premium.

Anyway, it's nice to hear that Huselius has gotten better defensively, but Florida would be very lucky to get Markov at all, nevermind for Huselius.

Old
01-31-2004, 10:49 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave
I guess you didn't see the one involving Markov.

Inconsistent Euro snipers like Huselius are pretty common. It's not like there's a league-wide shortage, and every team seems to have a few of their own.

On the other hand, a top 4 defenceman with top 2, PP QB upside, is pretty rare. He's not even 25, and makes less than 1.5 million. I can't think of a player-type with a higher premium.

Anyway, it's nice to hear that Huselius has gotten better defensively, but Florida would be very lucky to get Markov at all, nevermind for Huselius.
Problem with all the offers from Montreal are that not one addresses Florida's needs. Florida has its offensive defensemen quota met with Bouwmeester (while not producin this year), Krajicek, Van Ryn, and then Novak (injured all year), so once again the trades don't address Florida's needs.

As for inconsistency by Huselius, few things goin on there. I think Keenan beat all confidence out of the guy. Huselius was one of the top two or three clutch guys for Florida last year, while mostly bein sat during clutch situations and he also scored over 20 goals for a second year while bein benched for extended stretches of games, including entire periods. Some players produce due to Keenan. Some go into shells. And another thing for bein inconsistent, while the guy hasn't scored goals, he has been developing his defensive game more and more and has also used his playmakin skills a bit better. For a guy who broke all over Forsberg's Swedish records, its a bit too soon to call him your average Euro after dealin with Keenan for almost two years.

Old
02-01-2004, 01:04 AM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Detroit would be interested. Hudler possibly?

Old
02-01-2004, 02:58 AM
PanthersFan5Mezei

Send a message via AIM to PanthersFan5Mezei Send a message via Yahoo to PanthersFan5Mezei
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
As for inconsistency by Huselius, few things goin on there. I think Keenan beat all confidence out of the guy. Huselius was one of the top two or three clutch guys for Florida last year, while mostly bein sat during clutch situations and he also scored over 20 goals for a second year while bein benched for extended stretches of games, including entire periods. Some players produce due to Keenan. Some go into shells. And another thing for bein inconsistent, while the guy hasn't scored goals, he has been developing his defensive game more and more and has also used his playmakin skills a bit better. For a guy who broke all over Forsberg's Swedish records, its a bit too soon to call him your average Euro after dealin with Keenan for almost two years.
Really? Cause after watching him play in about 7-10 games (that I've been to this season ), he looks worse defensively, if at all possible, but definatley not better, not by a long shot.

Last edited by PanthersFan5Mezei: 02-01-2004 at 04:28 PM.
Old
02-01-2004, 04:47 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Really? Cause after watching him play in about 7-10 games (that I've been to), he looks worse defensively, if at all possible, but definatley not better, not by a long shot.
Then you haven't watched ALL the games this yr. He's definitely better defensively...he's not a floater which most people think he is. He's using his body to lay down checks along the boards, he's poke checking successfully which is causing scoring opportunities, and has learned a whole new position by centering a line with Hagman & Hordichuk (he's been very successful taking draws too). For a guy who thinks that Lecavalier value is low, you sure don't know what's going on in the league and especially with Huselius. Might wanna watch more than 7-10 games to get a real idea of what Kristian is doing.

Old
02-01-2004, 03:39 PM
musdy

toronto needs him

Old
02-01-2004, 04:38 PM
PanthersFan5Mezei

Send a message via AIM to PanthersFan5Mezei Send a message via Yahoo to PanthersFan5Mezei
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPanther
Then you haven't watched ALL the games this yr. He's definitely better defensively...he's not a floater which most people think he is. He's using his body to lay down checks along the boards, he's poke checking successfully which is causing scoring opportunities, and has learned a whole new position by centering a line with Hagman & Hordichuk (he's been very successful taking draws too). For a guy who thinks that Lecavalier value is low, you sure don't know what's going on in the league and especially with Huselius. Might wanna watch more than 7-10 games to get a real idea of what Kristian is doing.
I never said I've only watched 7-10 games, I've been to 7-10 games this season. Most of the others that have been on TV I have watched a lot of or all of, and I haven't seen an improvement in Huselius. If you have managed to see him pokechecking and actually checking on the boards, that must of happened only during the few games I haven't seen. I've never seen him within 7 feet of the boards (exarggerating, of course, but close to accurate), so I don't know how he's checking along the boards. Maybe, for the next game I go to, I'll bring binoculars to watch him from the 20th row, because I sure as he!! can't see him with normal eyesight from there.

Old
02-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Bryce Salvador?
I was thinking the same thing, CC. Salvador fills Florida's need for a top four defenseman, and a physical one at that; Huselius could move onto Weight's wing and thrive.

That's a win for both sides, IMO.

--------------------

PrussianBlue

Old
02-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Nick Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrussianBlue
I was thinking the same thing, CC. Salvador fills Florida's need for a top four defenseman, and a physical one at that; Huselius could move onto Weight's wing and thrive.

That's a win for both sides, IMO.

--------------------

PrussianBlue

Deal.

Old
02-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
I know that LeCavilier's trade value is very low, but is it low enough for Huselius and someone else for him? If so, who? I'd love to see Vinny in a Panthers uniform.

keep dreaming pal you will NEVER land Vinny for Huselius+ just arent gonna happen and you know it.

Husses value is at an all time low right now and anything beyond a marginal 4th dman is highly unlikely and this is if they feel like doing a gamble in taking Husse

Old
02-02-2004, 01:14 AM
PanthersRule96

He's starting to heat up, is decent on faceoffs and has too much potential left to deal. He showed he still had it with a goal scorers goal vs. Boston.

Huselius IMO will be kept as he is playing all around stronger now. He is no liability, has great playmaking skills and is a potential great secondary scorer. I would be extremely hesitant to deal him cause if he ever got a lot of confidence back in him, he could score 30+.

Closed Thread