HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hollywood Hainsey

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2004, 10:37 PM
rib71

vCash: 500
Hollywood Hainsey

Just listening to the team 99o after the habs, penguins game!!!!
and one of the comentators said that montreal has lost faith in Hainsey, because he has not matured like they wanted him to, and lack of work ethic!!!!!
they also mentioned he loves to party!!!

One of the comentators even called him HOLLYWOOD HAINSEY!!!

ANyone have any thoughts!!!!

Old
02-03-2004, 10:41 PM
obcd1

He's still young and I don't see why the Habs would already have lost faith in him. And for the party well it's normal, I'm 19 and I like to party too!

Old
02-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Playr050

Send a message via AIM to Playr050
The Dykhuis call-up is what sparked this, I'm sure. He didn't even play tonight, so to assumed they've lost faith in Hainsey is reading into things way too much. (Somewhat typical of Habland, I suppose.)

I think Hainsey's shown a lot after his recent demotion. He's playing well, gaining confidence, and on his way to re-joining the big club soon, IMO.

Old
02-03-2004, 10:43 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib71
and one of the comentators said that montreal has lost faith in Hainsey, because he has not matured like they wanted him to, and lack of work ethic!!!!!

If the Habs had lost faith he would have been traded long ago, BG doesn't put up with BS. Plus it is a rumor out there that won't die.

I for one don't believe it, when you see the past NHLers with problems like that Kordic, Fleury, Probert, Fogerty and others...well I can't see Montreal turning a blind eye to that or even Hainsey's agent not telling him to smarten up.

PURE BS.

Have you ever heard it on TSN or a Sportsnet??? No local radio in Montreal of course.

Old
02-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Tony Marnaro and Shean Star are not part of the Habs organization so I wouldn't take what they say seriously. It's just their opinion although I get the feeling it's probably right(that the organization is not crazy about the ronner).

Old
02-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Habsolution

He also "showed" a lot of things in a recent interview between periods of a dogs game.

The habs management isn't alone on this one. I too lost faith into Hainsey after hearing that interview. I know now why he was sent down after passing a few days in the pressbox with Gainey. If we can trade him for someone that will help us right now I'm all for it.

Old
02-03-2004, 10:45 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by rib71

Yeah! Let's give up on a dman that puts up more than a point every other game in the AHL while being a +13 in just 27 games. After all, he's old at 22 (almost 23) and doesn't have good size at all (6'3 211lbs)/sarcasm

I'm sure this is crap. I mean, he looked OK most of the time in Montreal and is dominant in the AHL while being very young still. Maturation takes longer for some (see Ribeiro who still hasn't fully matured at 23 [almost 24]: too long shifts).

Old
02-03-2004, 10:46 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Yep, I heard that too. I think it was Shaun Starr who said something along the lines of, "The Montreal Canadiens are expecting so much out Hainsey, but after meeting Ron Hainsey I don't have a whole lot of faith. And I guess that's why they call him Hollywood Hainsey."

I think Starr is a pretty good radio guy, but I hardly think he knows a whole lot about what's kickin (as Morenzi would say ) in Montreal's front office. If that's his opinion on Hainsey fine, even if he is such an enigmatic player; he's too talented not to make an impact in the NHL, whether or not that impact is in Montreal or not. I personally would love to see him in Montreal, where I thought he was much better than Komi (no disrespect to him) has been.

I think they realize that he can be a very good top four defenceman on our club, thus the reason he's played a lot of right defence in Hamilton is so that he can be brought into a role on the right side in the future, seeing as Markov and Souray hold down the top two spots on the left side. This is probably the reason he is still in Hamilton (coupled with his so called attitude), he needs to continue the crossover to the right side, with little or no interuptions or distractions (as there are many for a young guy in Montreal).

Old
02-03-2004, 10:47 PM
obcd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
He also "showed" a lot of things in a recent interview between periods of a dogs game.

The habs management isn't alone on this one. I too lost faith into Hainsey after hearing that interview. I know now why he was sent down after passing a few days in the pressbox with Gainey. If we can trade him for someone that will help us right now I'm all for it.
can you tell us what he said in the interview or if it was already discussed maybe giving a link

Old
02-03-2004, 10:49 PM
RE-HABS

Corson was famous for his night life and antics...he had a pretty decent career. As long as his night life doesn't affect his play or his teammates who really cares!

Old
02-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
Yeah! Let's give up on a dman that puts up more than a point every other game in the AHL while being a +13 in just 27 games. After all, he's old at 22 (almost 23) and doesn't have good size at all (6'3 211lbs)/sarcasm

I'm sure this is crap. I mean, he looked OK most of the time in Montreal and is dominant in the AHL while being very young still. Maturation takes longer for some (see Ribeiro who still hasn't fully matured at 23 [almost 24]: too long shifts).
Loads of talent, bad attitude. Won't get you anywhere.

Old
02-03-2004, 10:53 PM
KILLger

Quote:
Mario Lemieux has a bad attitude... I know it's pushing it a little as Hainsey is much more talented than Lemieux (lol! ) but you get what I mean. Many players have bad attitude (O'Neill?) yet they manage to have decent careers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
I confirm the fact that Hainsey has progressed very little over his last Pro 3 years! I confirm his lack of work ethic too! In fact, as I said early this week, Hainsey is the only of all our top prospects I would be ready to let gone! This kid seems to have a big head and know what is good for him! He is an inconsistent player that should be benched some night, even in the AHL!! Hope he wake up soon because time is running for him, never he will be a nice NHLer if he does'nt listen at what the organisation want he improve!
Confirm whatever you want about our prospects, but I have a hard time taking what you say seriously. You sure were right about Ryder and Ward...

Last edited by KILLger: 02-03-2004 at 11:02 PM.
Old
02-03-2004, 10:54 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
PURE BS.

Have you ever heard it on TSN or a Sportsnet??? No local radio in Montreal of course.
Well said.

Old
02-03-2004, 10:55 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcd1
can you tell us what he said in the interview or if it was already discussed maybe giving a link
He was asked why he was sent down and what he needed to work on to get back in the big show.

His answers went along the lines of : I didn't know why I was sent down, I don't know what I need to work on.

I just won't and can't believe the habs management sent him down without telling him why. I can't. Not knowing that just before being sent down he sat in the pressbox with Gainey for 2 games.

Then he said he was asked to be more of an offensive dman in the AHL and that he liked that more. Normally I wouldn't make a big case of such an answer but after hearing all the other stuff he said I felt like he was "implying" that CJ didn't use him properly.

I wish I had tapped the interview. I don't remember the exact words. But I'll try finding the thread in which this was discussed.

Old
02-03-2004, 10:55 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

I wouldn't use the word Dominant with Hainsey. He's been good, but to me the reason why he won't be called up is that he hasn't improved the areas he needs to the most. He still is shaky in his own end, has too many turnovers for my liking, isn't physical enough in his own end (although he does tie up his man along the boards, but not in front of the net). But he has shown very good skills in the offensive zone especially on the PP. I'd leave him in Hamilton all year unless he really steps it up, but that's just my opinion.

Old
02-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Confirm whatever you want about our prospects, but I have a hard time taking what you say seriously. You sure were right about Ryder and Ward...
Please enlight me ... what did I say about Ryder and Ward ?

Old
02-03-2004, 10:59 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Corson was famous for his night life and antics...he had a pretty decent career. As long as his night life doesn't affect his play or his teammates who really cares!
Think the leafs were happy about Corson behavior last playoffs ?

Old
02-03-2004, 11:00 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
I think it comes down to maturity. It is like anyone out there some are more mature and level headed than others, maybe Ron isn't there yet like other kids his age.

Plus if you think about he has had coaches, scouts, schools, agents, girls, fans, media and now the Montreal organization drooling over him for many years. He has been totally sucked in by the hype and now is in Hamilton to learn that the best thing for him is to play hockey and to be a part of a 23 man roster...not to just believe that his the only man on the team.

He will come around, if he hasn't already.

Old
02-03-2004, 11:04 PM
KILLger

Quote:
Please enlight me ... what did I say about Ryder and Ward ?
Forgot to change the poster's name for the quote... it was directed to Plekanec who was repeating constantly that Ryder and Ward weren't good enough to play in the NHL...

Old
02-03-2004, 11:05 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Think the leafs were happy about Corson behavior last playoffs ?
I'm talking about his early years in Montreal...he was in bar brwals and doing a lot of other things and the Habs put up with it and worked with him because they knew the type of player he could be. Your talking like 15 years later. Dispite last year he still had a good career.

Old
02-03-2004, 11:08 PM
obcd1

Quote:
I'm talking about his early years in Montreal...he was in bar brwals and doing a lot of other things and the Habs put up with it and worked with him because they knew the type of player he could be. Your talking like 15 years later. Dispite last year he still had a good career.
so finally Rejean Houle did a good trade
if you look at it it's Pierre Turgeon, Craig Conroy, Rory Fitzpatrick for...
..well I don't remember did we traded Baron for something? If not then it's nothing

Old
02-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
I think it comes down to maturity. It is like anyone out there some are more mature and level headed than others, maybe Ron isn't there yet like other kids his age.

Plus if you think about he has had coaches, scouts, schools, agents, girls, fans, media and now the Montreal organization drooling over him for many years. He has been totally sucked in by the hype and now is in Hamilton to learn that the best thing for him is to play hockey and to be a part of a 23 man roster...not to just believe that his the only man on the team.

He will come around, if he hasn't already.
We'll see. I hope he does. I'm not sitting here wishing habs prospect to fail. We certainly could use a guy with Hainsey's skills. I'm just not sure I want a guy with his character playing for the team I cheer for. But I'm not the habs GM and what I think means nothing to Gainey. But if he felt Hainsey could help the team he'd be up here instead of Dykhuis.

Old
02-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Forgot to change the poster's name for the quote... it was directed to Plekanec who was repeating constantly that Ryder and Ward weren't good enough to play in the NHL...
I'm under heavy fire here. Please be sure you're quoting the right poster next time :p

Old
02-03-2004, 11:12 PM
KILLger

Quote:
We'll see. I hope he does. I'm not sitting here wishing habs prospect to fail. We certainly could use a guy with Hainsey's skills. I'm just not sure I want a guy with his character playing for the team I cheer for. But I'm not the habs GM and what I think means nothing to Gainey. But if he felt Hainsey could help the team he'd be up here instead of Dykhuis.
Sitting on his ass in the PB wouldn't help the team, nor his career.

Old
02-03-2004, 11:13 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
But if he felt Hainsey could help the team he'd be up here instead of Dykhuis.
I see it as BG hoping to trade Dykhuis to team that is really hurting for a Dman and Dykhuis has experience and is a vet that can be a dependable 6-7 Dman somewhere. Dykhuis was called up on a hope that he can be traded elsewhere. Karl would be a decent addition to a team who needs help and don't want to trade much for.

Closed Thread