HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: NFL Hall of Fame Disgrace

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 08:50 PM
Servo

vCash: 500
OT: NFL Hall of Fame Disgrace

It is an absolute travesty that Harry Carson once again has been snubbed by the know-nothing HoF voters. Besides Elway and Sanders, the also-rans they voted in today aren't worthy of carrying Carson's golf clubs (in lieu of a more vulgar statement).

If he had played for ANY other team in the NFL, he would have been voted in years ago.

Old
01-31-2004, 08:58 PM
Edge

i'm also not too crazy about the baseball hall of fame which seems to throw every other aspect out the window except homeruns and hits.

if defense was as easy as people made it out to be than no manager would ever make position switches late in a game and everyone would be a gold glove candidate.

Old
01-31-2004, 10:20 PM
trowa

I'm surprised George Young didn't make it. I mean he made it to the Super Bowl with 3 different teams.

Old
01-31-2004, 10:25 PM
newf

i may be a biased redskins fan (save the jokes for later) but i cannot believe art monk is not in the hall of fame. i keep hearing people like peter king say how he was really good, but not great. i'm sorry but before he retired he had nfl records for most catches in a season, and most career receptions. if that ain't hall of fame material for a reciever, i don't know what is!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trowa
I'm surprised George Young didn't make it. I mean he made it to the Super Bowl with 3 different teams.

Old
01-31-2004, 10:54 PM
Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by trowa
Yes, that is also disappointing. Wearing Giant blue means an added burden of proof for any recognition in this league.

Old
02-01-2004, 02:29 PM
True Blue

If you are going to talk about Harry Carson, then what about Art Monk? I fully agree that Carson deserves to be in the HOF. That he is not in is a disgrace. However, how can anyone justify Monk not being in? IF Lynn Swann and Stallworth are in, how can Monk be sitting out?

Closed Thread