HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you trade Zidlicky for a goal scoring center?

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2004, 08:06 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Would you trade Zidlicky for a goal scoring center?

I ask because I think he's our best asset that we could replace. If you look at it we have Hammer, Eaton, York and Hutch that an be used on the powerplay with Kimmo, and you can't get something for nothing.

Example Zidlicky for Zetterberg? Would you do that? I think I would.

Old
01-30-2004, 08:48 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Boy, that is a tough call.
I really like Zids, and last night he showed that mean streak I've been waiting to see. But for someone as talented and young as Zetterberg, I might consider it...

Old
01-30-2004, 08:52 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Good thought, but not for Zetts. But, Philly might be interested in a d-man, and Ney York may be as well, though I'm pretty sure Zids woulnd't want to go back to NY. So Zids for Handzus might be what I'm thinking. I like the way our team is playing now though, and messing up what chemistry we have might hurt, even with Neckar coming back soon. If we don't get to play post-season hockey in the USA then it might be worth a shot, but right now I just wouldn't get rid of anyone that is a big piece of our team right now. I don't think anyone we could bring up would have the vision or skills of Zidlicky, and that could hurt us more than we thought.

By the way, I wouldn't trade Zids to Detroit any day, no matter what. I couldn't stand the fact that he'd either...
1. Come back to haunt us for years
2. Waste away behind Lidstrom and some other imcompetent d-man (Wolley or Schnieder).

Old
01-30-2004, 09:13 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
I don't see Poile pulling the deal, but I guess it really depends on the player we get in return..

Old
01-30-2004, 09:20 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Watching the powerplay without Kimmo showed me that Zids does rep the rewards of Kimmo's vision too. I like Zids but you need someone like Kimmo for him to be a true asset.

Old
01-30-2004, 09:40 PM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Good thought, but not for Zetts. But, Philly might be interested in a d-man, and Ney York may be as well, though I'm pretty sure Zids woulnd't want to go back to NY. So Zids for Handzus might be what I'm thinking. I like the way our team is playing now though, and messing up what chemistry we have might hurt, even with Neckar coming back soon. If we don't get to play post-season hockey in the USA then it might be worth a shot, but right now I just wouldn't get rid of anyone that is a big piece of our team right now. I don't think anyone we could bring up would have the vision or skills of Zidlicky, and that could hurt us more than we thought.

By the way, I wouldn't trade Zids to Detroit any day, no matter what. I couldn't stand the fact that he'd either...
1. Come back to haunt us for years
2. Waste away behind Lidstrom and some other imcompetent d-man (Wolley or Schnieder).

I agree,,,plus Zetterberg isn't really a center.. In a short time Zids has adjusted nicely to the NHL. I just see him getting better and better once he learns language, teammates ...etc. If Arkhi could buy a break it would help as well.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:45 AM
WuRtZLeSs

Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
I think itd be pretty foolish to think Zidlicky would fetch Zetterberg or a young player of similar stature.

I think eventually Zidlicky may be moved to help w/ the logjam with Suter coming up eventually as well as Hamhuis continued development, he becomes expendable.

While Im not completely sure what Zidlicky would fetch, Handzus is a reasonable expectation. But in all likelihood, that wont happen. Handzus is a guy who wears out his welcome on a team. Hes a big guy, but hes soft. Like Ive said previously, I think if Arkhipov can turn the corner he may end up developing into a player similar to Handzus. Handzus would be a good depth player, but I dont think hes a good pickup in the long run in my opinion.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:54 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs
I think itd be pretty foolish to think Zidlicky would fetch Zetterberg or a young player of similar stature.

I think eventually Zidlicky may be moved to help w/ the logjam with Suter coming up eventually as well as Hamhuis continued development, he becomes expendable.

While Im not completely sure what Zidlicky would fetch, Handzus is a reasonable expectation. But in all likelihood, that wont happen. Handzus is a guy who wears out his welcome on a team. Hes a big guy, but hes soft. Like Ive said previously, I think if Arkhipov can turn the corner he may end up developing into a player similar to Handzus. Handzus would be a good depth player, but I dont think hes a good pickup in the long run in my opinion.
Agreed, now way Zids fetches Zetterberg though could you imagine how nasty Zeds would be with Lidstrom on the PP?

Old
01-31-2004, 04:39 AM
PredsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs

I gotta disagree on this one...I think Handzus is pretty darn good. I'd love for our team to have a guy like him. He's big, throws his size around, excellent defensively, and has untapped offensive ability. What's not to like?

Old
01-31-2004, 04:44 AM
c-carp

I know he isnt on the level of a Zetterberg and if you can get a player like that my proposal is moot, And our teams may end up fighting for a playoff spot so a trade between them is unliikely. That being said I really like Zidlicky, Would you take Petr Cajanek?

Old
01-31-2004, 04:44 AM
predhead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsMan
I gotta disagree on this one...I think Handzus is pretty darn good. I'd love for our team to have a guy like him. He's big, throws his size around, excellent defensively, and has untapped offensive ability. What's not to like?
there is no way I'd give up Zids for Handzus at this point. Handzus has been in the league for a few years now, so it's safe to say we've seen pretty much everything that he has to offer. Zids, on the other hand, is in his first year at this level and has shown that he has the ability to compete and he can only get better, despite his age. I'd ask for more than someone like Handzus if we were to move Zids.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:44 AM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1
there is no way I'd give up Zids for Handzus at this point. Handzus has been in the league for a few years now, so it's safe to say we've seen pretty much everything that he has to offer. Zids, on the other hand, is in his first year at this level and has shown that he has the ability to compete and he can only get better, despite his age. I'd ask for more than someone like Handzus if we were to move Zids.

I've only seen Zidlicky play about 5 or 6 times this year but from what I have seen I've come out damn impressed. Offensive ability oozing out of him yet also has a physical aspect...my question to you Pred fans is, why would you even consider moving the guy? I understand his +/- isnt very impressive on a good team, but is he THAT bad in his own end? He's a 26 yr old rookie making 500k, on pace to get 50 pts and 100 PIM. Guys like him are pretty rare these days, I think you'd be surpised at the return youd get for Zidlicky...It's a sellers market for defensmen right now and Zidlicky would be the best available(not counting Gonchar), young and cheap. Not to bash Handzus, but It'd take more to get Zidlicky IMO.

Old
01-31-2004, 11:41 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF37
I've only seen Zidlicky play about 5 or 6 times this year but from what I have seen I've come out damn impressed. Offensive ability oozing out of him yet also has a physical aspect...my question to you Pred fans is, why would you even consider moving the guy? I understand his +/- isnt very impressive on a good team, but is he THAT bad in his own end? He's a 26 yr old rookie making 500k, on pace to get 50 pts and 100 PIM. Guys like him are pretty rare these days, I think you'd be surpised at the return youd get for Zidlicky...It's a sellers market for defensmen right now and Zidlicky would be the best available(not counting Gonchar), young and cheap. Not to bash Handzus, but It'd take more to get Zidlicky IMO.
Zids represents our strong point, puck moving defensemen. We still have Hutchinson, Stehlik, Klein, Suter and Weber waiting in the wings. We don't want to get rid of him, but he's our highest valued tradeable player. We need a good young offensive center.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:10 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Zids represents our strong point, puck moving defensemen. We still have Hutchinson, Stehlik, Klein, Suter and Weber waiting in the wings. We don't want to get rid of him, but he's our highest valued tradeable player. We need a good young offensive center.
Want Viktor Kozlov?

Does Zidlicky really struggle in his own end or his +/- deceiving?

Old
01-31-2004, 05:25 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

He's a -11, which considering his size and being an offensive defenseman on a third pairing isn't all that bad. He's not Andy Delmore by any means.

Old
01-31-2004, 06:13 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF37
Does Zidlicky really struggle in his own end or his +/- deceiving?
Well, if you notice, we have more goals scored against then we do goals for, despite our winning record . A lot of our players are in the - or near there.

Old
01-31-2004, 06:16 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Well, if you notice, we have more goals scored against then we do goals for, despite our winning record . A lot of our players are in the - or near there.

Yeah, when we lose, we like to lose big. But +/- isn't a telling stat on the Preds...unless you are Mark Eaton

Closed Thread