HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

its 1994 all over again

Old
02-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Ace2008

vCash: 500
its 1994 all over again

a friend asked me what I'd do to make this team have all the parts(#1 puckrusher aside) to be a complete team.

well without breaking the bank or shipping the entire farm to land a big name I came up with these few moves that are both good for the trade partners involved and good for next years cap (i.e. make sense for the Gm)

1-Malik +5th rounder to Dallas for Boucher(even cap hit Boucher is currently inj) Dallas gains cap space for summer+20 min dman now.
if you didn't see boucher he was in 07's amongst the league leaders in hits/shots on goal and is a Right handed canon of a shot. Also only 2.5 mill in 09

2-Martin Straka(who I love Btw) for Barret Jackman -ok they'll never move straka right...well recent comments by him make it a distinct possibility and STL is in exactly the same boat as NYR playoff berth wise just needing some scoring to make it work and they've got lots of quality dman. Straka like Jackman is UFA but would probably be about 3.3-3.6 for a 1 yr extension.

3-Paul Mara+D.Byers to SJ for S.Bernier(mara makes 3 mill now, and Bernier is exptd to make about 2.-3 mill as a RFA this summer)
Bernier adds the muscle to the top 6 and has 20-30 goal scoring upside. slow but steady he is available since the Sharks are looking for a scoring Dman and mara like Rivet last season is a nice try b4 u sign defender. Byers is gravy for the checking line for now and has potentially 3rd/4th line ability next season. Sharks are flush w/ RW

4-Thomas pock+H.Jessiman/G.moore+conditional pick for A. Ladd

ok...it seems like a bit much for an overprice 3rd liner (but how many pfw 21 yr olds have won a stanley cup in today's NHL.)Ladd is something of an enigma but after E.cole he's the best pfw on Canes roster currently healthy. Granted its a big price to pay but he fits and is quality for this and possibly next season.

5. Sign a FA 1 yr deal w/ a big Euro Dman like D.Markov

Ace2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:17 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2008 View Post
a friend asked me what I'd do to make this team have all the parts(#1 puckrusher aside) to be a complete team.

well without breaking the bank or shipping the entire farm to land a big name I came up with these few moves that are both good for the trade partners involved and good for next years cap (i.e. make sense for the Gm)

1-Malik +5th rounder to Dallas for Boucher(even cap hit Boucher is currently inj) Dallas gains cap space for summer+20 min dman now.
if you didn't see boucher he was in 07's amongst the league leaders in hits/shots on goal and is a Right handed canon of a shot. Also only 2.5 mill in 09

2-Martin Straka(who I love Btw) for Barret Jackman -ok they'll never move straka right...well recent comments by him make it a distinct possibility and STL is in exactly the same boat as NYR playoff berth wise just needing some scoring to make it work and they've got lots of quality dman. Straka like Jackman is UFA but would probably be about 3.3-3.6 for a 1 yr extension.

3-Paul Mara+D.Byers to SJ for S.Bernier(mara makes 3 mill now, and Bernier is exptd to make about 2.-3 mill as a RFA this summer)
Bernier adds the muscle to the top 6 and has 20-30 goal scoring upside. slow but steady he is available since the Sharks are looking for a scoring Dman and mara like Rivet last season is a nice try b4 u sign defender. Byers is gravy for the checking line for now and has potentially 3rd/4th line ability next season. Sharks are flush w/ RW

4-Thomas pock+H.Jessiman/G.moore+conditional pick for A. Ladd

ok...it seems like a bit much for an overprice 3rd liner (but how many pfw 21 yr olds have won a stanley cup in today's NHL.)Ladd is something of an enigma but after E.cole he's the best pfw on Canes roster currently healthy. Granted its a big price to pay but he fits and is quality for this and possibly next season.

5. Sign a FA 1 yr deal w/ a big Euro Dman like D.Markov
I don't think any of the teams listed here would make any of these deals. The Stars will not trade Boucher for a terrible 3rd pairing d-man who's proved to be a cancer on the ice and the locker room with a late round pick. I know he's hurt but he had something like 50 pts last season. You're right that the Rangers will not trade Straka. The Sharks would probably only move Bernier if a D-man of Roszival's status was coming back their way, not a UFA to be 3rd pairing Mara and a boarderline "B" level prospect. I'd probably rank Byers as a "C" level prospect. Ladd would be interesting to aquire, but I don't see Caronlina making this deal, as they are in the playoffs right now and I doubt they will be looking to subtract at the deadline.

Lastly, if your trades go through, the Rangers would have Boucher, Jackman, Tyutin, Staal, and Girardi signed already with one of Sauer, Sangs, or Baranka ready for NHL duty next season, not to mention the Rangers will probably re-sign Roszival as well, so there is no point in signing a big euro d-man.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 330
Yea I too think that all these offers would be turned down easily.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:55 AM
The Thomas J.*

i dont think any Of these teams would make these trades, we really arent giving anyone of vaule up. we would need to add more.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 01:31 AM
hlundqvist30*

basically every single offer you made is brutal. Sorry, nice try.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 03:20 AM
in the hall

straka's retiring, let alone signing an extension with st louis.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 06:03 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
94 again!

You got any future 40 goal scores you want to send my Hawks for 2 3rd line liners! Last time it work out greatly for both of our teams!

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 06:27 AM
chosen

Not only are all 4 suggestions absurd, but #4 is comically absurd.

It's based on the old theory of "Let's trade a lot of garbage bodies for a youngster with a world of upside".

Maybe another team will offer us 3 minor leaguers with no viable future for Dubinsky. That would be the exact same thing.

While we are at it, let's trade Strudwick for Ovechkin and a conditional pick.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 07:33 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
94 again!

You got any future 40 goal scores you want to send my Hawks for 2 3rd line liners! Last time it work out greatly for both of our teams!
Yeah, except one of us won a cup and the other didn't.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I think you are totally overvaluing the Ranger players there.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 09:37 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Well, at least it's not..."we need to trade all of our vets for picks prospects".

jas is offline   Reply With Quote