HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

EDM -NYR (proposal)

Old
02-24-2008, 03:10 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHockey View Post
Seems you have interest in Schremp.

1)What would you offer for Schremp?

2)What would you want in return for a bigger package including Staal?
Brooks confirms the interest in the notes in his column today.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02242008...tion_99132.htm

But, JoeHockey, you really shouldn't be that surprised that you got slammed for the second half of your question. As the poster mentioned, it's equivalent to asking a Caps board what they'd want for Mike Green or a Blues board what they'd want for Erik Johnson.

And by including it as part of a post originally devoted to what we might want for Schremp, the implication is that Schremp would be the centerpiece of the return - which only makes it that much worse. I know, technically speaking, you didn't SAY that he'd be the centerpiece, but that's the way it reads. Imagine if I'd come to your board and said, "hey I understand you have some interest in Greg Moore. What do you want for Gagner?"

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 03:14 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Dude, what's up with everyone putting these village people/Ron Jeremy moustaches on our defensemen? What's next, a game day skate in assless chaps? Please stop it now, you're freaking me out.
Strudwicks mustache is going to lead us to stanleys goblet

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 04:26 PM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

Bringing up Gagner is ridiculous. He's not going anywhere............Schremp for Montoya........thats acheivable.......maybe a late pick going to NYR too.

OilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 04:31 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkenedsoul View Post
Bringing up Gagner is ridiculous. He's not going anywhere............Schremp for Montoya........thats acheivable.......maybe a late pick going to NYR too.
Exactly, and neither is Staal.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkenedsoul View Post
i wouldnt do that. not in a million years. Id rather just keep monty and let his value go up. its idiotic to trade when his value is at an alltime low.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Lowetide

None of my business and a mod can feel free to delete my post, but it looks to me like an Oiler fan dropped by and asked two questions and a bunch of NYR fans took it the wrong way. No biggie, but I always expect better than this from you Ranger fans and have rarely been disappointed.

jmo.

Lowetide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 05:02 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowetide View Post
None of my business and a mod can feel free to delete my post, but it looks to me like an Oiler fan dropped by and asked two questions and a bunch of NYR fans took it the wrong way. No biggie, but I always expect better than this from you Ranger fans and have rarely been disappointed.

jmo.
Yeah, some of us get a little carried away when people mention Staalsie in a trade. I agree with ya though no need to bug out on the original poster.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Yeah, some of us get a little carried away when people mention Staalsie in a trade. I agree with ya though no need to bug out on the original poster.
Well if you're an Oiler fan there's not much else to do but look longingly at other teams.

Old
02-24-2008, 05:12 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:

jmo.
If we would have came over to your board, mentioned that you guys seemed interested in Prucha, and then proceeded to ask about Cogliano in the same notion, you would have seen the biggest riot in Canada since James Hetfield got burned in Montreal by pyrotechnics and Guns N Roses refused to play another set.

While jas' reaction might have been a little harsh, I'm sure there's one or two people, maybe even more that would have done it from your side as well.

I have no problems with you, or any other Oiler fan, but it definitely would have happened the same exact way had the roles been swapped.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 05:13 PM
doubleJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
RE: Schremp. Im not interested, and id be willing to wager money the Rangers arent either. There was an interview with Gordie Clark a while back where he said the 2 things the Rangers must have with all their kids are character and skating ability. Schremp clearly doesnt have the character to be a ranger.
Geezz....it's all coming together now. This must be why the Rangers drafted Cheraponov, right?

doubleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 05:28 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
If we would have came over to your board, mentioned that you guys seemed interested in Prucha, and then proceeded to ask about Cogliano in the same notion, you would have seen the biggest riot in Canada since James Hetfield got burned in Montreal by pyrotechnics and Guns N Roses refused to play another set.

While jas' reaction might have been a little harsh, I'm sure there's one or two people, maybe even more that would have done it from your side as well.

I have no problems with you, or any other Oiler fan, but it definitely would have happened the same exact way had the roles been swapped.
Frankly, I felt it was insulting. And, we have no problem here when people coming asking LEGITIMATE questions about our prospects. And, when our fellow posters suggest dumb trade proposals, we get on them for it. As has been pointed out, if a Ranger fan had asked a similar question on the Cap board about Green, and got lambasted for it, I'd have no pity for that person. (I'm pretty sure we did when suggested just that a couple of weeks ago.)

Throw in how we as Ranger fans supposedly over-rate our prospects, (witness the allusion in the above post about Cherepanov), and the whole post struck me as being either disrespectful, or just completely mis-informed.

Old
02-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post

Well, two things. First of all, he didn't say Schremp for Staal, he asked a different question. Second, he/she is a relatively new poster and frankly it seemed like a rush to judgement. I'll tell you when I was a new poster going back and forth with Ranger fans was just about the best part of the board.

But it's your board, and a reflection of you.

Old
02-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Frankly, I felt it was insulting. And, we have no problem here when people coming asking LEGITIMATE questions about our prospects. And, when our fellow posters suggest dumb trade proposals, we get on them for it. As has been pointed out, if a Ranger fan had asked a similar question on the Cap board about Green, and got lambasted for it, I'd have no pity for that person. (I'm pretty sure we did when suggested just that a couple of weeks ago.)

Throw in how we as Ranger fans supposedly over-rate our prospects, (witness the allusion in the above post about Cherepanov), and the whole post struck me as being either disrespectful, or just completely mis-informed.
I think maybe there was a rush to judgement here and I'll leave it at that. It isn't my job to tell you how to run the NYR board, but it is a board I've enjoyed over the years.

Old
02-24-2008, 07:48 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
I think maybe there was a rush to judgement here and I'll leave it at that. It isn't my job to tell you how to run the NYR board, but it is a board I've enjoyed over the years.

Maybe you are right, and maybe I spent a little too much time in the Trade Rumors board. But, again, I enjoy when knowledgeable posters, like yourself, Corto, Trottier and Darth from the Isles board, come here because the conversation and discussion is for the most part, at a high level, and we as Ranger fans get a different POV. And, we do try to police our own when it comes to the "I'll give you my garbage for your star" proposals, (although, it's not what it used to be).

Old
02-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Bobby Granger

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Granger
i think all of u should stop cryin over an internet chat room

LETS GO RANGERS..!

Bobby Granger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Granger View Post
i think all of u should stop cryin over an internet chat room

LETS GO RANGERS..!
lol. Well when you're right, you're right!

So, how about Schremp for Staal?

Old
02-24-2008, 08:59 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
lol. Well when you're right, you're right!

So, how about Schremp for Staal?

Well why didnt you say so...where do i sign?????

Lacrosse style shots from the blueline would really give our power-play the lift it needs! Anyone would agree with that.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 09:33 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i wouldnt do that. not in a million years. Id rather just keep monty and let his value go up. its idiotic to trade when his value is at an alltime low.
um the same can be said for schremp. imo that's a shrewd move if it were to happen for both teams.

each player will get a new look and are pretty much at the same level with similar upside and downside. i'd be surprised if it were to happen but i would be happy from a rangers pov.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:17 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
um the same can be said for schremp. imo that's a shrewd move if it were to happen for both teams.

each player will get a new look and are pretty much at the same level with similar upside and downside. i'd be surprised if it were to happen but i would be happy from a rangers pov.
A slick playmaking center to play with Cherepanov? Could be sweet.

As for the attitude, I'd take the last 9 seasons of Savard if I could do that all over again.

Attitude is something that can be addressed in the room and worked on for a youngster.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:57 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

You gotta take a chance on Schremp. He can only make the organization better.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:58 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Not really...let's substitute Montoya for Schremp, and say, Toews or Mueller for Staal, and see what kind of response we'd get at the CHI or PHX board. Frankly, it wasn't a harmless question; I'd describe it as uninformed and rather disrespectful to the knowledgeable fanbase of this franchise.
The vast majority of trades suggested here by our "knowledgeable fanbase" are far worse than what the Edmonton person suggested. As a matter of fact he didn't even suggest anything specific, unlike some of the idiotic things suggested by some of our most brilliant posters.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 07:54 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
The vast majority of trades suggested here by our "knowledgeable fanbase" are far worse than what the Edmonton person suggested. As a matter of fact he didn't even suggest anything specific, unlike some of the idiotic things suggested by some of our most brilliant posters.
No, you're right. He didn't post anything specific, but his post alluded to a deal regarding Schremp and then followed that up with a question regarding a "bigger package including Staal" and while he doesn't include the name of Schremp, I read it that he was referring to expanding the deal with Schremp and Staal the main pieces.

It would be like me going to the Edm board and saying this:

Seems you have interest in Prucha

1) What would you offer for Prucha?

2) What would you want in return for a bigger package including Gagner?

Now, I didn't say Prucha for Gagner, but the post kinda sorta alludes to that as being the centerpiece of the discussion. We all know that Gagner is not going anywhere and I think it should be pretty obvious that we feel the same way about Staal that Edmonton fans feel about Sam Gagner.

Was Jas a bit harsh, yeah, but a little homework about the players in question should be done before discussing them in potential deals and maybe, just maybe the OP could have worded the 2nd part of his question a little differently so as to show some seperation in thought.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 09:54 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
No, you're right. He didn't post anything specific, but his post alluded to a deal regarding Schremp and then followed that up with a question regarding a "bigger package including Staal" and while he doesn't include the name of Schremp, I read it that he was referring to expanding the deal with Schremp and Staal the main pieces.

It would be like me going to the Edm board and saying this:

Seems you have interest in Prucha

1) What would you offer for Prucha?

2) What would you want in return for a bigger package including Gagner?

Now, I didn't say Prucha for Gagner, but the post kinda sorta alludes to that as being the centerpiece of the discussion. We all know that Gagner is not going anywhere and I think it should be pretty obvious that we feel the same way about Staal that Edmonton fans feel about Sam Gagner.

Was Jas a bit harsh, yeah, but a little homework about the players in question should be done before discussing them in potential deals and maybe, just maybe the OP could have worded the 2nd part of his question a little differently so as to show some seperation in thought.
That's all well and good but the response to the original poster was not a little harsh. It was plain uncalled for. The original poster did zero wrong. He conducted himself just fine. The response was incredibly condescending and the notion that the posters here suggest intelligent, reasonable trades is downright laughable.

The usual suggested trades here run along the likes of Malik, Montoya and a 3rd round pick for some 22 year old with an upside similar to Staal or Dubinsky. Hell, we have one poster who makes one trade suggestion like that every week.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Pizza

Emotions running a bit high today.

May sound funny, but I get the feeling that dealing Jessiman would be a mistake.

He is just starting to show good progress.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

I'd do Monty for Schremp in a heartbeat. Wiikman is proving to be a solid alternative to Montoya and anyone who says Monty's value is going to go up is kidding themselves. Schremp as a return for Monty would be robbery on our part IMO. Even if we didn't fold him into the lineup, he'd be an easier asset to deal in the long run.

I have to agree that the initial response to the OP was pretty rough. Sometimes people forget that other fans don't follow the Rangers prospect development as closely as we do.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote