HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Tootoo bit Wright?

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 03:47 AM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Tootoo bit Wright?

Anyone hear about this last night?

Evidently in the game between Nashville and Columbus last night, during a scrum along the boards, Tootoo bit Wright on the pinky.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:02 AM
gretzky2kurri

Heard that also. Apparently there were marks?

Just like the avatar.....

Non related, I read that Caps owner jumped a mouthy fan. League fined him 100 big.

(not sure if it's already been discussed here.)

Old
01-31-2004, 04:03 AM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Anyone hear about this last night?

Evidently in the game between Nashville and Columbus last night, during a scrum along the boards, Tootoo bit Wright on the pinky.
well, lots has been said about this kid but i doubt much of it is true. who was the source, do you know?

Old
01-31-2004, 04:06 AM
Digger12

...and Jamie Allison (same game) tried to do a Charlestown Chiefs and jump into the stands, he also got all pushy with a security guard. Judging by the quotes from Allison, it sounded like one of the fans heckling him somehow got one of Allison's gloves as he was leaving the ice.

I tell ya, Nashville is turning into a real circus...it'd be funny if they weren't so comfortably ahead of us in the standings.

Wright's quote was priceless:

"He's from way up north - that's how they eat up there, I guess," Wright told the Tennessean after the game. "That's why I was snapping. What am I supposed to do when a guy is biting me? That's ridiculous. I've never been associated with anything like that in my life."

I'm thinking the Tyler Wright Fan Club just lost all of its Inuit members.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:14 AM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative giant
well, lots has been said about this kid but i doubt much of it is true. who was the source, do you know?
Tootoo pretty much admitted it in an interview saying something like "He had his hand in my face.....lots of things were happening, I may have...done something but I dont know". Since then Wright has mentioned he figures this is how people up North eat . Trotz said something pretty unintelligent about the incident as well, if I remember correctly.

Its on tsn.ca and other sites. Interesting Read. (Id be more concearned once Tootoo moves onto the ears)

Old
01-31-2004, 05:22 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

ewww....you know how stinky a hockey player's hands are???

Old
01-31-2004, 05:23 AM
stauffer is my hero

not surprising that this happened. tootoo's got no respect for anyone in the league. example #1 of why the instigator penalty has to go so when he pulls crap like this, or when he goes after a legitimate superstar like iginla and sucker punches him, one of the big boys can come in and take care of business.

Old
01-31-2004, 06:13 AM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
Tootoo pretty much admitted it in an interview saying something like "He had his hand in my face.....lots of things were happening, I may have...done something but I dont know". Since then Wright has mentioned he figures this is how people up North eat . Trotz said something pretty unintelligent about the incident as well, if I remember correctly.

Its on tsn.ca and other sites. Interesting Read. (Id be more concearned once Tootoo moves onto the ears)
jeez, what an animal. they should run a tootoo camera just for him during preds games to see what he does next.

Old
01-31-2004, 07:15 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
I know this was in Columbus but didn't the fans in Nashville taunt the Oilers when they played there recently. Also didn't Tootoo jump Chimera from behind and continued punching him after the linesmen jumped in.

01-31-2004, 09:20 AM
Shibumi

Someone will come along and settle his hash. It happens all the time. He will get a beatdown from someone and then he will learn that there are certain things that players don't do. He is young and will figure it out out as time goes by.

Old
01-31-2004, 07:32 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumi
Someone will come along and settle his hash. It happens all the time. He will get a beatdown from someone and then he will learn that there are certain things that players don't do. He is young and will figure it out out as time goes by.
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=48139

Closed Thread