HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Boulerice called up for real...will play.

Old
02-24-2008, 04:59 PM
FlyersMania2

vCash: 500
boulerice = waste
cote = waste

bring up potulny (let him play wing with carter- where he scored a few times last year) and bring up jared ross to play center- give it a go.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 05:12 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBBA View Post
Maybe he'll get Afinogenov for that little stomp on Upshall.
hmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting thought. Honesty, I couldn't care less. For me, the rest of this season is going to be one big "whatever!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
boulerice = waste
cote = waste

bring up potulny (let him play wing with carter- where he scored a few times last year) and bring up jared ross to play center- give it a go.
A read here (I think) a few days ago that Potulny is hurt, I'm not sure if that is still the case, though.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 05:16 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
We need to recall someone from the Phantoms that can help. I love how we recalled Greentree before Jared Ross, leading scorer on the Phantoms. He should be recalled, and deserves a recall at Center position. I know we are scared of his size but what message does it send to recall the second leading scorer before the first when he clearly deserved it. Call him up now.
Does Ross have a 2-way contract or an AHL contract? If it's an AHL contract, he can't just be "recalled".

The Flyers would have to offer him an NHL contract and maybe they don't want to do so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97
A read here (I think) a few days ago that Potulny is hurt, I'm not sure if that is still the case, though.
He might have been, but he played last night in Hershey.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 05:16 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
boulerice = waste
cote = waste

Jared Ross isn't on an NHL contract.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 05:17 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Jared Ross isn't on an NHL contract.
It's more worthwhile to sign him on to one than to recall frickin boulerice.

In reference to another post: potulny has been back for 2 games off of injury.

Old
02-24-2008, 05:23 PM
pughater

im sure jason blake will be crying about that line

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 05:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
It's more worthwhile to sign him on to one than to recall frickin boulerice.

In reference to another post: potulny has been back for 2 games off of injury.
John Stevens mentioned the attitude the team had back when they were winning games and playing well and how we don't have it right now. Like it or not, that's something Boulerice provides.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 05:32 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
John Stevens mentioned the attitude the team had back when they were winning games and playing well and how we don't have it right now. Like it or not, that's something Boulerice provides.
He was up briefly and slashed someone in the neck- was suspended and didn't play a lick of hockey for a month. The attitude thing isn't coming from him.

Upshall has heart and Kukkonen works hard so throwing them under the bus shows the ignorance of the coaching staff. Bringing up a minimal talent good isn't going to do anything with attitude except show the young players who work hard that they won't get a chance bc a guy who had a chance ruined it by making a stupid mistake.

Again a POOR message to send. Terrible choice to bring up Boulerice.

Old
02-24-2008, 05:52 PM
gamisiking*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBrown21 View Post
True, he'll be in Buffalo tomorrow, but he likely will not play (Downie will play by all accounts).
Spoke with Boulerice at the carnival today. He said he is going to play. We talked about the cheap shot. He said as soon as he saw it he felt horrible, and that it was an impulsive reaction. He further stated he's suprised he's still around after the suspension and even more so about playing tomorrow.

gamisiking* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Flyersguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pughater View Post
i dont think any of those three play center
Downie does.

Flyersguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 06:57 PM
27roenick97

oh god. cue the train wreck clips...

27roenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
He was up briefly and slashed someone in the neck- was suspended and didn't play a lick of hockey for a month. The attitude thing isn't coming from him.

Upshall has heart and Kukkonen works hard so throwing them under the bus shows the ignorance of the coaching staff. Bringing up a minimal talent good isn't going to do anything with attitude except show the young players who work hard that they won't get a chance bc a guy who had a chance ruined it by making a stupid mistake.

Again a POOR message to send. Terrible choice to bring up Boulerice.
What he did was ridiculously idiotic, but he did it sticking up for a teammate. He's not going to help us start scoring goals, but this team needs to get back to being aggressive, throwing the body, getting in people's faces, and sticking up for each other. He'll do that stuff and that's all you can ask of him.

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 07:07 PM
mikedifr

Wow.

That is all I got.....

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 07:19 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288 View Post
What he did was ridiculously idiotic, but he did it sticking up for a teammate. He's not going to help us start scoring goals, but this team needs to get back to being aggressive, throwing the body, getting in people's faces, and sticking up for each other. He'll do that stuff and that's all you can ask of him.
Yeah well anyone can do that we don't need this idiot up to do it- especially when others are more deserving.

Old
02-24-2008, 07:30 PM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
can anyone count to 11?

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Yeah well anyone can do that we don't need this idiot up to do it- especially when others are more deserving.
Well not a lot of guys are doing it right now so I'm not sure that anyone can do it. We need a change of pace and like it or not, he's going to have a bigger influence on the tone of a game then Ryan Potulny would have (and I like Ryan).

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 08:00 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288 View Post
Well not a lot of guys are doing it right now so I'm not sure that anyone can do it. We need a change of pace and like it or not, he's going to have a bigger influence on the tone of a game then Ryan Potulny would have (and I like Ryan).
But as our talent goes down in injury, overloading with AHL goons isn't going to replace them. Sure we need more pep in our step but we need goalscoring- Boulerice isn't going to provide that.

Old
02-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

vCash: 71
He might not be a suitable replacement for Richards but Boulerice is what he is - an NHL quality enforcer.

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 08:11 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Downie View Post
He might not be a suitable replacement for Richards but Boulerice is what he is - an NHL quality enforcer.
So now we have 2 enforcers...where is our talent replacement? Whether they can replace richards is not the concern- if they have the tools to score goals, they need a shot. We don't need two enforcers. Bring up Boulerice, but if you do scratch Cote and bring up someone with some hands. WE NEED SCORING.

Old
02-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

Quote:
So now we have 2 enforcers...where is our talent replacement? Whether they can replace richards is not the concern- if they have the tools to score goals, they need a shot. We don't need two enforcers. Bring up Boulerice, but if you do scratch Cote and bring up someone with some hands. WE NEED SCORING.
I know.....it sucks. We need a trade.....

Old
02-24-2008, 08:15 PM
FlyersMania2

we won't know unless we give someone a legit shot. Potulny, Greentree, Cabana- whatever bring em all up and give them a shot. The capitals are managing just fine...i am sure we have someone on the farm that's worth a try otherwise we need to trade them all away for some guys that do have a chance of making it in the NHL.

They are there for a reason- let's try it.

Old
02-24-2008, 08:17 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
we won't know unless we give someone a legit shot. Potulny, Greentree, Cabana- whatever bring em all up and give them a shot. The capitals are managing just fine...i am sure we have someone on the farm that's worth a try otherwise we need to trade them all away for some guys that do have a chance of making it in the NHL.

They are there for a reason- let's try it.
Give Cabana a shot. He will stir up some emotion, but actually can play hockey...unlike Boulerice.

How come Matsumoto hasnt been given a look yet?

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 08:19 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Give Cabana a shot. He will stir up some emotion, but actually can play hockey...unlike Boulerice.

Yeah I think Fred will play in the NHL one day. I also think Potulny will too, maybe not here but I think he and Downie play very well together- and we should try that out on the flyers.

Old
02-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post

I'm with you on that.

I don't know about Matsumoto. He is a friend of a friend of mine here in Ottawa (he's from Orleans), I've been told he is much more offensive than what he's done with the Phantoms. That being said, more experience as a pro perhaps?

Old
02-24-2008, 08:24 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Downie View Post
I'm with you on that.

I don't know about Matsumoto. He is a friend of a friend of mine here in Ottawa (he's from Orleans), I've been told he is much more offensive than what he's done with the Phantoms. That being said, more experience as a pro perhaps?
They all deserve a fair shake right now while we are out with injuries...thats the only way we will really know what potential we have down on the farm.

But for some reason we are recalling Boulerice. Not trying out Matsumoto, Cabana, Ross...etc.