HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Boulerice called up for real...will play.

Old
02-24-2008, 08:29 PM
hotshot26

vCash: 500
i agree w/ bringing cabana up

hotshot26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 08:35 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288 View Post
What he did was ridiculously idiotic, but he did it sticking up for a teammate. He's not going to help us start scoring goals, but this team needs to get back to being aggressive, throwing the body, getting in people's faces, and sticking up for each other. He'll do that stuff and that's all you can ask of him.
kind of agree w/ your point...

everyone bashes boulerice (deservedly so) but there have been atleast three other players that have done the same thing this season w/ little fanfare...off the top of my head parker/phanuef

http://www.youtube.com/user/hockeyfightsdotcom

i think from stevens comments the other night the feeling is if we are going to lose we will atleast be tough to play against unilke the SJ game

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 08:38 PM
i am dave

I think Bob Saget said it best when he said, "I just want to strip naked and curse." THIS is what we have come to.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 08:38 PM
27roenick97

although, look at it like this. if stevens puts cote and boulrice out there against vanek or somebody, it'll give lindy ruff a coronary... i hate ruff, but damn if he isn't entertaining to watch on the bench...

27roenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

vCash: 71
I would rather have Boyd Kane called up. Being the captain of back to back AHL championships shouldn't be overlooked.

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 08:46 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
Yeah I think Fred will play in the NHL one day. I also think Potulny will too, maybe not here but I think he and Downie play very well together- and we should try that out on the flyers.
Well, they should do it now with Richards being out, and when Downie comes back. But we call up Boulerice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Downie View Post
I'm with you on that.

I don't know about Matsumoto. He is a friend of a friend of mine here in Ottawa (he's from Orleans), I've been told he is much more offensive than what he's done with the Phantoms. That being said, more experience as a pro perhaps?
I am not even worried about the offense. I see him as being potentially a very good 4th line center, maybe a 3rd liner in the mold of Patrick Sharp (before he started playing with two superstars in the making)

Quote:
They all deserve a fair shake right now while we are out with injuries...thats the only way we will really know what potential we have down on the farm.

But for some reason we are recalling Boulerice. Not trying out Matsumoto, Cabana, Ross...etc.
Is this a Steven's decision or Homer? If it is the coach, that answer's your question.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 08:51 PM
pughater

might be a clarke decision

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 08:59 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pughater View Post
GOD I hope not...He should have no say in this team's personnel decisions anymore.

Old
02-24-2008, 09:00 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

That's all I have to say about that.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Briere's ice time's going up and we're going to need to protect him. I like Cote but I
don't mind having Boulerice in the wings, just in case. For 3 minutes a night I'd rather have someone at least entertain me with a fight and a hit than be invisible. I can see why a lot of Flyers fans are throwing Jesse under the bus though. It was a pretty vicious crosscheck.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 09:10 PM
pughater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Briere's ice time's going up and we're going to need to protect him. I like Cote but I
don't mind having Boulerice in the wings, just in case. For 3 minutes a night I'd rather have someone at least entertain me with a fight and a hit than be invisible. I can see why a lot of Flyers fans are throwing Jesse under the bus though. It was a pretty vicious crosscheck.
its not about throwing this guy under the bus when you can call up other guys better to help. Its like saying would it be smart to go into a fight with a rubber knife or a real knife. This team needs an impact player to help not someone to keep the bench warm. they have stuff called heaters for that job

Old
02-24-2008, 09:14 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
its not about throwing this guy under the bus when you can call up other guys better to help. Its like saying would it be smart to go into a fight with a rubber knife or a real knife. This team needs an impact player to help not someone to keep the bench warm. they have stuff called heaters for that job

Agreed. We end up playing 11 forwards- Cote does his job then doesn't see much ice time. A lot more pressure is put on our forwards- they have more ice time and don't have a complete 4th line. Id rather have NO GOON than one who is too much of a risk to put out in tight games.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 10:15 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Agreed. We end up playing 11 forwards- Cote does his job then doesn't see much ice time. A lot more pressure is put on our forwards- they have more ice time and don't have a complete 4th line. Id rather have NO GOON than one who is too much of a risk to put out in tight games.
Cote at least has developed to the point where he doesnt look completely incompetent out there...and I say this after being very hard on him at the beginning of the season (more evidence of an opinion being capable of being wrong)

Boulerice is a complete waste of time out there.

Old
02-24-2008, 10:17 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Cote at least has developed to the point where he doesnt look completely incompetent out there...and I say this after being very hard on him at the beginning of the season (more evidence of an opinion being capable of being wrong)

Boulerice is a complete waste of time out there.
Yeah I hear that, I am not anti-Cote but unless he can play more minutes, he is shortening the bench earlier and forcing another forward to put in extra shifts. After losing Richards we need a more well-rounded team- each line will have to put their shared effort. We can't have a forward playing 6 minutes or whatever.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 04:04 AM
Blade Runner

The Flyers continue to get tougher. I like it. Boulerice/Downie/Cote could be the new "Dan" line.

Blade Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 07:14 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Downie View Post
I would rather have Boyd Kane called up. Being the captain of back to back AHL championships shouldn't be overlooked.
Been there, done that.

Kane is a very good AHLer and that's it.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 07:47 AM
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dank View Post
watching the flyers wives carnival telecast, Jesse Boulerice announced that he will be joining the team in Buffalo tommorow night.
Duh, he's being traded for Pominville, obviously.

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:05 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb22 View Post
Spoke with Boulerice at the carnival today. He said he is going to play. We talked about the cheap shot. He said as soon as he saw it he felt horrible, and that it was an impulsive reaction. He further stated he's suprised he's still around after the suspension and even more so about playing tomorrow.
I bet he felt horrible after he two-handed Andrew Long in the face, too. That doesn't change much.

Do the Flyers play the Isles any time soon? Maybe it's some sort of mutual-destruction-get-them-out-of-our-hair plan between the two teams regarding Boulerice and Simon.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:07 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Clarke is no longer involved with such decisions.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:24 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
I bet he felt horrible after he two-handed Andrew Long in the face, too. That doesn't change much.

Do the Flyers play the Isles any time soon? Maybe it's some sort of mutual-destruction-get-them-out-of-our-hair plan between the two teams regarding Boulerice and Simon.
Exactly. Let Boulerice and Simon take each other out with cheap shots and be done with them.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 01:15 AM
pughater

i guess boulerice did a great job tonight. he kept the bence warm for the team

Old
02-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:

Is that because we have a bunch of "impact players" to come accross the street and help us? Again, it's like 3 minutes a night...I'd rather have Briere feeling safe than putting a kid with potential on our bench.....if only Boulerice had sick shootout moves he could serve a dual purpose.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 10:28 AM
jb**

Lets see, a team is hurting for offense. Your quality of players available is dwindling. Scratch Ruzicka. Play jeese and cote less than 5 minutes each. Let your other guys play extended shifts and tire them out. Makes sense to me

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote