HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff time approaches! Choose your 4th line...

View Poll Results: Which 4th line would you rather have for this year's playoffs?
1) Langdon - Bégin - Perreault 2 3.45%
2) Langdon - Bégin - Kilger 7 12.07%
3) Langdon - Bégin - Ward 39 67.24%
4) Langdon - Kilger - Ward 3 5.17%
5) Other (please specify) 7 12.07%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2004, 08:23 PM
Necrophile

vCash: 500
Playoff time approaches! Choose your 4th line...

Do you guys remember the 2002 playoffs? Kilger stepped up his game against the Bruins for a much-needed post-season physical presence.

As for Perreault, I think that right now Habs management is expecting to make the playoffs. As such, they may be trying to see how they can incorporate Perreault in the lineup without having him hurt the team, therefore finding a way to keep their #1 faceoff guy in the roster for a playoff game. They tried him at wing on line 2, as well as centering the 3rd and 4th lines. Obviously, he will probably be forced to remain on the 4th line during the playoffs if he is still around, barring some kind of spectacular turnaround. If management feels a real energy guy is needed on the 4th line, then they will be tempted to trade Perreault before the deadline.

BG and CJ may have to choose between these possible 4th lines for the playoffs:

1) Langdon - Bégin - Perreault
2) Langdon - Bégin - Kilger
3) Langdon - Bégin - Ward
4) Langdon - Kilger - Ward
5) Other

My question is, which would you rather have for this year's playoffs (yes, I know, assuming we make them)? Also, would your 4th line depend on the opponent we face?

Old
01-30-2004, 08:30 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
I fully expect Gainey to acquire another energy guy, one that can play hockey, in the coming weeks, but I would like to see Kilger - Begin - Ward. In hopes that we acquire Ian Laperierre, I would place him on the third. So here goes.

Laperierre - Juneau - Sundstrom
Kilger - Begin - Ward

Old
01-30-2004, 08:32 PM
Necrophile

I choose #2 : [ Langdon - Bégin - Kilger ].

That would mean Ward being used on the 3rd line. I feel that Kilger and Ward could be interchangeable, but it is best to keep Kilger with Bégin and Ward with Juneau, IMO.

As for Perreault, I don't particularly mind seeing someone else taking important draws. Perreault doesn't bring much else to the table, so I'd rather have one more useful and intense player in the lineup, even if it means losing 2 or 3 more faceoffs per game (having a 50-55% faceoff guy taking draws as opposed to YP's 65% average).

Old
01-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Laperierre - Juneau - Sundstrom
Kilger - Begin - Ward
What about Langdon?

Old
01-30-2004, 08:41 PM
gohabsgo2010

Langdon's a good player, and he has his role. He'll get some time somewhere along the line, even if it means he sits a game or three; you'll never hear a peep. Believe me, he'd like to be part of the action, but I think if we get Kilger working than he's more effective.

I don't consider either line 'the fourth'. They are both capable of shutting down opponents. We know how Kilger plays with Ward, and I'm sure that could be an incredible line for us.

By no means are we a sure bet to acquire a player, but I have the feeling. I don't like Dackell and Sundstrom on the same line in physical contests, one can't be there. Sundstrom is the better player, so Dackell sits like he did in 2001-02 postseason at some points. This leads me to believe BG is in the market for someone else, although a small someone else, even if it's a minor role it could have just as big an impact as some of our conference rivals going haywire and snapping up useless 'name' players.

If Kilger can't get things going, it's great to know we have Langdon who can step in on that unit. If both lines were rolling 14 and 12 minutes a night we'd be set. Of course there's always Benoit Gratton, too. He would look great alongside Begin come postseason.

Old
01-30-2004, 09:38 PM
Medicine Twin

Poor Dackell... he gets no respect.

3. Sundstrom - Begin - Dackell (as before Begin's injury)
4. Langdon/Kilger - Juneau - Ward

Old
01-30-2004, 09:41 PM
gohabsgo2010

I've got no problem with Dackell. Fact of the matter is, Niklas Sundstrom is a far superior hockey player, and Jason Ward provides us with a little bit of that extra grit that we often lack when he is not in the lineup.

Old
01-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Medicine Twin

I wasn't singling you out jl., nobody had Dacks in their line-up. And I don't think Sundstrom is far superior to Dackell, if superior at all. But I KNOW I'd play Dackell ahead of either one of Kilger or Langdon in the playoffs.

Old
01-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Heater15

i chose #5
i think a Begin-Perreault-Ward line would be good. Fighters don't fight in the playoffs so no use using a spot on Langdon. Perreault can be used for key faceoffs and maybe the 2nd PP (the guy can still score). Ward and Begin do the hitting. I think this could be a decent line.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:51 PM
fredez

Langdon-Begin-Ward

Even though there is not much fights in the playoffs I think Langdon would be more physical than anybody else we have right now.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:54 PM
tritone

Gulp

Wow , I chose the line that the majority chose ...THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

Old
01-31-2004, 05:03 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
Mine would be Kilger-Begin-Ward....Kilger could be changed for Langdon though. Personally I have liked the play of Kilger recently and the playoffs are the exact spot where his play can help us the most, of course this is if he is willing to play to his abilities. I feel the playoffs would bring the best out of him and if we had him and Ward banging and crashing it could really wear down the other team. Also this line would be able to chip in a few goals.

Old
01-31-2004, 10:36 PM
Rahan

I voted for the fourth option, and not for the Bégin one since I want him on the third line, taking juneau's spot.

Old
02-01-2004, 04:27 PM
oli500

I would love a langdon-Bégin-Ward fourth line for the playoffs. I think this line would be an awsome line to have for energy.

Closed Thread