HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago stops winless skid against Calgary

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 06:41 AM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Chicago stops winless skid against Calgary

Chicago was winless in thier previous 19 games on the road, and came back and won 5-3 against the Flames.

Since the return of Turek, the Flames are 3-5, and are quickly starting to piss away all the games in hand they had on the teams ranked 5-12th.

They need to turn it around, so hopefully they can join the Oilers in the playoffs

[/OPTIMISM]

Old
01-31-2004, 06:46 AM
Digger12

It had to happen sometime...

3 goals in the 3rd. I'll bet the Saddledome faithful were NOT amused.

Old
01-31-2004, 07:11 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Well, I've said this before - the Flames have a REALLY good month EVERY year, only difference is this year is that Sutter is a good coach so they'll have 2-3 good months.

Old
01-31-2004, 01:24 PM
Oilers Hockey

I watched the 3rd on Sportsnet and loved every minute of it...especially the boo's.

Problem is, they are only 1 point back behind Nashville and St. Louis, but that will soon change. Kipper isn't due back until after the AS break so I expect a 0-5 skid.

Wouldn't it be weird if we nabbed 8th spot and Calgary got 9th? Ah...a guy can dream can't he? :p

Old
01-31-2004, 02:19 PM
pucklove

Personally I would love to see both teams in the playoffs.I miss the rivalry
Its not the same when you can only argue about which team will have a 2 week head start on the golf course.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:12 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucklove
Personally I would love to see both teams in the playoffs.I miss the rivalry
Its not the same when you can only argue about which team will have a 2 week head start on the golf course.
Yes, it's become the rivalry of medicority. The team that sucks the least wins. Both these teams are up and coming, so I hope that will soon change.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:19 PM
pucklove

I know its off topic but I watched Conroy after the game in an interview last night... Doesn't that guy ever get upset? He seems to always be smilling... that must come from being over .500.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:22 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucklove
I know its off topic but I watched Conroy after the game in an interview last night... Doesn't that guy ever get upset? He seems to always be smilling... that must come from being over .500.
Actually he has always been like that in every interview. He is just a very optimistic guy.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:31 PM
pucklove

I figured he is either very positive in attitude or he was looking at he and Iginla's moustaches (sorry they just don't look right to me).He certainly said all right things.

Old
01-31-2004, 07:08 PM
theoil

Well, I have said it before and now I am saying it again. The Sutters tend to suck everything out of their players that they have to give. And they usually do that around the 60 game mark of the season. Keenan has the same tendency. You ever notice how everybody talks about how the intensity changes throughout training camp and then it rises again during the regular season and then the last 20 games of the regular season and then there is playoff hockey intensity.

The reason I don't get too excited about the Sutter coached teams early on is because they tend to demand playoff hockey intensity from the beginning of training camp. And that always looks good up to the halfway mark but the problem is that a) it causes too many injuries and b) most normal human beings cannot stay wound that tight for 200 consecutive days. It masks a lack of talent early on but burns everybody out. Without the hot goalie they are starting to play at their normal talent level with energy burnout.

They have had a nice run and they are getting better overall but they have been overacheiving this season at about the same rate as the Oilers have been underacheiving so far.

Closed Thread