HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Senators vs Leafs (Sat, Jan 31st)

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 12:24 PM
Spike

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Spike Send a message via MSN to Spike Send a message via Yahoo to Spike
GDT: Senators vs Leafs (Sat, Jan 31st)

Ok boys, this is the big one... a very important game! The one we've been waiting for ALL week!!

Does Havlat play?? He was injured and apparently sat out the Pheonix game Thursday...

Does Prusek start?? He did well against Pheonix Thursday, where Lalime looked horrible against the Stars Wednesday.

Score predictions?

My crystal ball has been letting me down lately, so these are very iffy.. but I say Havlatt sits this one out too, Prusek starts, and that the Ottawa Sens pull this one out late in a tight game, 3-2 Sens! Alfred's been on a terror, he'll put 2 in net, Spezza will bounce back and score the other...

I can't wait!

Old
01-31-2004, 02:34 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Worst nightmare confirmed!

http://www.ottawasenators.com/stats/...iew/pv0131.aro

No idea about Havlat, but it states that he's injured on that preview.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:37 PM
Troy McClure

Lalime gets the start according to the Ottawa Citizen.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:51 PM
HF2002

This is his big chance at redemption. He wants to get back in there and prove he can do it - if he can't get up for a game against the Leafs then we can honestly assume he won't be able to just suddenly "turn the switch on" come playoff time.

Old
01-31-2004, 03:03 PM
Spike

Send a message via AIM to Spike Send a message via MSN to Spike Send a message via Yahoo to Spike
I'm going to have to rethink my prediction... Lalime in goal changes the outlook of this game for me!

I see the possibility of a moral crippling loss looming for the Sens tonight, and maybe the start of an Ottawa slump through the all star break... a loss against the Leafs with Prusek in goal could be brushed aside, but another loss with Lalime in goal, against such a huge rival and playoff rival, may cause some serious internal strife for the Sens.

I hope I am wrong.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:05 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike
I'm going to have to rethink my prediction... Lalime in goal changes the outlook of this game for me!

I see the possibility of a moral crippling loss looming for the Sens tonight, and maybe the start of an Ottawa slump through the all star break... a loss against the Leafs with Prusek in goal could be brushed aside, but another loss with Lalime in goal, against such a huge rival and playoff rival, may cause some serious internal strife for the Sens.

I hope I am wrong.

You're making a huge assumption here - that there isn't locker room issues already. The loss to Dallas made me think of the playoff year that Ottawa lost to Buffalo when the puck went through Tugnutts glove. After that, he was done in Ottawa. The team had no confidence in him what so ever.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:13 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
I am taking work off early to see this one. This should be a playoff atmosphere. Tonight we see how far the Senators have come, and if the Leafs can overcome the injuries to Mogilny, Tucker and Nolan.

Senators spanked the Leafs last time... let's hope for a repeat.

As for Lalime... gimme a break. Every goalie lets in a goal like that. Ask Patrick Roy, or even Brodeur. It happens. How you rebound... that is the kicker!!

GO SENS GO!!!

Old
01-31-2004, 04:42 PM
TexSen

All I can say about tonight is that the beer is in the fridge, the number for Dominos hot wings is on speed dial and

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

(p.s. If this game after the second period the Sens have a three or four goal lead, look for the game to regress into last year's "The Loogie That Never Was" game, or "The Return Of The Loogie" or "The Loogie Strikes Back", or "The Good, The Bad And The Loogie")

Old
01-31-2004, 04:42 PM
Egil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
You're making a huge assumption here - that there isn't locker room issues already. The loss to Dallas made me think of the playoff year that Ottawa lost to Buffalo when the puck went through Tugnutts glove. After that, he was done in Ottawa. The team had no confidence in him what so ever.
Not reallly, as he lasted two and a half more seasons, and was in net for the second Buffalo series. The guys GLOVE broke, what can you do?

BTW, did NJ lose confidence in Brodeur after his debacle in the SCF last year? This lost confidence thing just seems silly to me, and if a team truly did "lose" confidence in their goalie, I would think they would play harder to make up for it. But thats just me.

Anyways, 10-0, Hossa, Alfie and Niel will all get a hat trick, and Lalime picks up the game winner after Toronto scores on their own net on a delayed penalty.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:24 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan
As for Lalime... gimme a break. Every goalie lets in a goal like that. Ask Patrick Roy, or even Brodeur. It happens. How you rebound... that is the kicker!!
Exactly. If his play comes around, no one will care about the one loss during the regular season. Every goalie puts up a stinker every now and then.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:29 PM
Derk

Send a message via MSN to Derk
This is going to be a GREAT game. I hope my Leafs can show up and give you guys more of a challenge this time.

I am not worried about Lalime. I have seen enough slumping players break out against the Leafs to be wary. Of course, Prusek has been very solid against the Leafs this year. If I were Martin, I would go with that and start him.

And the Leafs will be getting a little boost with Nolan returning to the lineup tonight (from TSN.ca, if you're interested in a link).

Good luck in tonight's game!

But not TOO much good luck...

Old
01-31-2004, 06:29 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egil
Not reallly, as he lasted two and a half more seasons, and was in net for the second Buffalo series. The guys GLOVE broke, what can you do?

BTW, did NJ lose confidence in Brodeur after his debacle in the SCF last year? This lost confidence thing just seems silly to me, and if a team truly did "lose" confidence in their goalie, I would think they would play harder to make up for it. But thats just me.

Anyways, 10-0, Hossa, Alfie and Niel will all get a hat trick, and Lalime picks up the game winner after Toronto scores on their own net on a delayed penalty.
"His glove broke, what can you do"? (this isn't yelling at you Egil) STOP THE PUCK!!! That's what he's paid to do. The excuses are irrelevant. He didn't do his job and the Sens were eliminated.

There's a huge difference between Brodeur and Tugnutt, so I think it's pretty safe to say that the Devils didn't lose confidence in him because of one bad game. He had proven before that he could win. But who really cares about NJ and Brodeur. What counts is Ottawa and Tugnutt and how Ottawa reacted. Just because NJ may not have lost confidence in Brodeur doesn't mean that Ottawa couldn't have either.

If you lose confidence in your goalie that doesn't mean that he's no longer your goalie. The only reason he lasted was because Rhodes couldn't handle being #1, and Ottawa couldn't afford to go get another cheap goalie who was adequate for their needs. Teams that lose confidence in its goalie are toast. No amount of extra effort will change that. Frankly, if you do work extra hard and he still doesn't bail the team out it'll do even more damage.

Old
01-31-2004, 06:53 PM
Hossa

I think this game will be about Lalime. People are picking him apart and the Prusek bandwagon is like the trojan horse right now, huge and sturdy. I haven't given up on Lalime, and I hope this game helps him turn around his season, but right now I'm not exactly confident in his abilities. I'd rather have Prusek in there for sure.

Old
01-31-2004, 06:57 PM
south-sentral

The leafs are getting back Nolan so their injury excuses should be irrelevant as the sens have countless injuries as well...

I think Lalime will follow up with a solid game if not...all hell breaks loose.

4-2 Sens Final...

Old
01-31-2004, 07:07 PM
Foster

Send a message via AIM to Foster Send a message via MSN to Foster
4-2 Sens with an empty net goal at the end of the game.

Old
01-31-2004, 07:08 PM
MHJS

What a joy I have tonight working... I hate Famous Players

Old
01-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Zoo

So it looks like havlat is out so I can't wait to see how langfeld holds up in a big game against the leafs.

This should be a test for langfeld !!

Last edited by Zoo: 01-31-2004 at 08:50 PM.
Old
01-31-2004, 08:51 PM
Douggy

I still think Ottawa is going to win big... 5-1 is what I predicted on the Leafs board.

Old
01-31-2004, 11:41 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Alfredsson just ripped a shot on a 2 man adv.

the leafs are playing way too undisciplined

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
01-31-2004, 11:58 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Just read in the NHL forum that Spezza got hurt, did he???

Old
01-31-2004, 11:58 PM
south-sentral

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Alfredsson just ripped a shot on a 2 man adv.

the leafs are playing way too undisciplined
Wow..and Lalime gives up a goal in the last minute of the period...what a suprise!! I'm kind of mad that the sens didn't capitalize on their PP chances more but for the love of god, please take off Bonk on the first PP!!!

Old
02-01-2004, 12:06 AM
SpezNc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Just read in the NHL forum that Spezza got hurt, did he???

Yes he is. He is done for the game...

I think he got leg contusion.... So it's good news...

Last edited by SpezNc: 02-01-2004 at 12:12 AM.
Old
02-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Derk

Send a message via MSN to Derk
Yep, leg contusion for Spezza - so I guess a bruise.

At least it isn't serious. I like Spezza.

Old
02-01-2004, 12:23 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
How did Pilar not get a penalty for almost tackling Vermette?

Old
02-01-2004, 12:27 AM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
How did Pilar not get a penalty for almost tackling Vermette?
Yep. Could've easily been the Sens on a 5 on 3 instead of the Leafs. I guess we're all even now.

Closed Thread