HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Price starts vs Atlanta

Old
02-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Pedro McGuire*

vCash: 500
Huet > Chuck Norris

Pedro McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 09:26 PM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
So what. If you were Ottawa, would you play Emery again after tonight?
no, but Price was not bad in nets saturday night, and if you think he was, rewatch the game.

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 09:32 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
no, but Price was not bad in nets saturday night, and if you think he was, rewatch the game.
The first two goals he could have stopped them but anyways I just wanted to say that the fact we didn't score doesn't erase the fact that he didn't play good. But I'm not saying he was horrible either.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 09:59 PM
GNick42

Hopefully Price starting means Huet is on his way out of here...like to see get something for him than lose him for nothing this summer

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Hopefully Price starting means Huet is on his way out of here...like to see get something for him than lose him for nothing this summer

So you'd rather go with two rookie goalies in the playoffs???? I think the plan for the 5th place team in the East is to improve your playoff hopes on deadline day...not decrease them.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 10:31 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
The first two goals he could have stopped them but anyways I just wanted to say that the fact we didn't score doesn't erase the fact that he didn't play good. But I'm not saying he was horrible either.
The first goal I think he was expecting his Defensman Komisarek to be there to pick up his check, Kommy was out of position thus a goal was scored. The 2nd goal he should have had, but the first I think is questionable.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Holy Puck
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

If you look at how Carbo works, when he makes a move like that it tends to be a last step before benching or AHL. Its a kind of last chance to prove you deserve your spot before getting benched (ex: ryder, smoke on 5v3 PP before getting benched).
If Price doesn't have a good performance I wouldn't be surprised to see him sent down in AHL while Halak gets called up.
That or Huet traded to LA for Cammalleri

Last edited by Holy Puck: 02-25-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Holy Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Holy Puck
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
So you'd rather go with two rookie goalies in the playoffs???? I think the plan for the 5th place team in the East is to improve your playoff hopes on deadline day...not decrease them.
To me it's not clear Huet has proven he is a safe option come playoff time. I'd say he is as much a gamble as Halak and Price right now come playoff time

Holy Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 10:49 PM
ToysInTheAttic

I'm thinking Price starting tomorrow night is a last close look before bringing up Halak, who is playing really well. They already know Huet will get back on his solid game soon enough.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 04:55 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
We are not going no where in the playoffs with Huet. He's burnt out....might as well get a good player for him. Or another first round pick. We could pick up a vet in another trade(ie. Hedberg). Maybe including Holik. I think Ryder will fetch close to a first round pick right now also. Way less players available compared to past year's deadline. More buyers than sellers....has doubled the price of some players. Gainey may have to be a little creative...moving UFA Ryder and Huet....but no doubt he could come out of this trade deadline picking up a couple extra draft picks, add a veteran netminder for the playoffs and acquire the 3 line center we need for the pair.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 05:41 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I will if you do the same. Watch the first 2 goals, because after that point the game was over.

I won't do a play by play but let's just say the reaction and the reading of the situations were poor by Price.

And for the record this isn't a blame-the-goalie statement, just a reminder that there would be 6 anti-Huet threads for the same effort levels had Cristobal been between the pipes.

And while that may be a function of faith and optimism that gets tagged onto a young promising goaltender, it's highly irrational .

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote