HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

A Theory

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 01:01 PM
rabi_sultan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
A Theory

ok with the antics of dirty players ever increasing and by this i mean the stuff that Tootoo pulls and the Forsberg style diving and coupled together with the instigator penalty relating in enforcers being more casual than before.

i just think that if we had a guy on the lineup that took no bull**** and if somebody like Tootoo starting pulling his **** across the ice that this guy just grabs him dont even give Tootoo the chance to get ready and bash the crap out of him, (now im not saying it be Tootoo but certainly the style of players im mentioning) with no worries about the instigator penalty, so what if it happens the guys sitting on the bench should look to take care of the penalty. Now my theory is that if this is done several times then the players like Tootoo and Forsberg will realise the next time something stupid is done that they will get the "justice" paid to them by the blacks and blues and not the blacks and whites something that they themselves wouldn't want.

So all in all I would think Georges has that potential, basically what we're asking a Georges with a frigging mean streak of immense proportions and with the "enforcer's handbook" firmly thrown out the window and just basic retaliation whenever something stupid takes place, who knows it'll probably reduce the bench minors

OK i know it aint a new theory and something that people always wanted Geroges to do but I'm posotive that if Georges does this then nobody would do things against the Oilers as long as the Oil are sure they are willing to take the penalty kill

Old
01-31-2004, 01:36 PM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
So all in all I would think Georges has that potential, basically what we're asking a Georges with a frigging mean streak of immense proportions and with the "enforcer's handbook" firmly thrown out the window and just basic retaliation whenever something stupid takes place, who knows it'll probably reduce the bench minors

OK i know it aint a new theory and something that people always wanted Geroges to do but I'm posotive that if Georges does this then nobody would do things against the Oilers as long as the Oil are sure they are willing to take the penalty kill
He is the toughest guy in the league, and if he played like a mean monster can you imagine how much it would boost this team? He certainly has the muscle to pull it off!

Old
01-31-2004, 02:10 PM
pucklove

Thats one thing I'll give Domi credit for he knew his role as an enforcer.He wasn't afraid to go after the other teams players to hand out team justice.I may not be a fan but he seems more of an intimidating presence than George when the player isn't a heavy weight.just my opinion.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:46 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
He is the toughest guy in the league, and if he played like a mean monster can you imagine how much it would boost this team? He certainly has the muscle to pull it off!
Imagine, at the 8:41 mark of a second period Tootoo tries something very stupid on Hemsky. Next shift, at the 9:22 mark, no matter what the score is, Laraque goes out there, pulls Legwand/Hartnell to the side and just pounds on them untill refs/Preds/other teammates stop him. That, my friend would quickly send a message around the league and make me very proud to purchase a Laraque jersey.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:56 PM
pucklove

Dare to dream! And dream big.......I'm waiting for the second week of march before I pick up a jersey though.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:03 PM
Oilers Hockey

I won a signed Laraque jersey from Game On Sports last summer.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:10 PM
pucklove

I hope he gives you a good reason to wear it. Last game was a nice step in the right direction.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:48 PM
Oilers Hockey

Which reminds me, how do I wash it? I've only worn it once, and I don't want to throw it in the washer and dryer because the autograph might come off as well.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:59 PM
pucklove

Sorry I can't help you. I've never had a Jersey signed. I know how to get blood stains out...There's a story there somewhere.

Old
01-31-2004, 06:31 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

i hope the instigator penalty will be gone by next year, what a joke. it is time to return to the days of frontier justice, you touch our best players your gonna pay. no more *****footing,turtling, or im sorry crap.
anyways do the oilers have someone other than laraque in their system who could be considered a heavyweight?

Old
01-31-2004, 06:32 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

oops forgot about rocky thompson down in toronto.

Old
01-31-2004, 06:57 PM
Mizral

Not many guys do this anymore. The closest thing I can think of it is Jody Shelly, whom truely is the last of the real good policeman out there.

Old
01-31-2004, 07:44 PM
theoil

Hey Pucklove - how many times do you think they are going to make you post your 16th post before they let you move on. I saw you on other threads and everyone is marked as your 16th. Its like they have trapped you in a groundhog movie! A belated Welcome to the board.

Old
01-31-2004, 08:10 PM
Jim_Harnock

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
Hey Pucklove - how many times do you think they are going to make you post your 16th post before they let you move on. I saw you on other threads and everyone is marked as your 16th. Its like they have trapped you in a groundhog movie! A belated Welcome to the board.
It's a global setting. When you make a post, the number is added to your total and since the board is dynamically generated, all your posts show the same number. When he makes his 17th post, the one higher up here will say 17, etc.

Old
01-31-2004, 08:16 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
Which reminds me, how do I wash it? I've only worn it once, and I don't want to throw it in the washer and dryer because the autograph might come off as well.
Drycleaning... or use that Dryel stuff (you put the jersey in the bag, and into the dryer).

Old
01-31-2004, 08:18 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Harnock
It's a global setting. When you make a post, the number is added to your total and since the board is dynamically generated, all your posts show the same number. When he makes his 17th post, the one higher up here will say 17, etc.
The depths of technoligical illiteracy know no bounds apparently. Are you saying that if I go to various threads where my incoherent bleatings are recorded for all to see that they will all be recorded as the same number of postings? Even those I made months ago?

Old
01-31-2004, 10:08 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
yes

Old
01-31-2004, 10:47 PM
Jim_Harnock

Yes. That's why it says "Posts:" and not "Post number:" -- the number listed is your cumulative number of posts since creating your HF Boards account.

Old
02-01-2004, 12:13 AM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Harnock
Yes. That's why it says "Posts:" and not "Post number:" -- the number listed is your cumulative number of posts since creating your HF Boards account.
Thanks both of you. Apparently I am not only technologically illiterate but totally lacking in observational skills as well. Probably accounts for my ability to understand what MacTavish is up to behind the bench. Oh well, out into the freezing Siberia to watch and hope again tonight.

Old
02-01-2004, 03:44 AM
pucklove

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
I never noticed that the posts had the same number. I guess that I have to contribute something intelligent to get to 17. (I could be 16 forever )
Thanks for the Welcome in
Oillers just scored
I'm such a Homer.

Old
02-01-2004, 03:49 AM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
i hope the instigator penalty will be gone by next year, what a joke. it is time to return to the days of frontier justice, you touch our best players your gonna pay. no more *****footing,turtling, or im sorry crap.
anyways do the oilers have someone other than laraque in their system who could be considered a heavyweight?
Stortini and Jacques could both be that type of player. Both taken in last years draft(2nd, 3rd rounds respectivly)

Old
02-01-2004, 05:23 AM
Behind Enemy Lines

Quote:
ok with the antics of dirty players ever increasing and by this i mean the stuff that Tootoo pulls and the Forsberg style diving and coupled together with the instigator penalty relating in enforcers being more casual than before.

i just think that if we had a guy on the lineup that took no bull**** and if somebody like Tootoo starting pulling his **** across the ice that this guy just grabs him dont even give Tootoo the chance to get ready and bash the crap out of him, (now im not saying it be Tootoo but certainly the style of players im mentioning) with no worries about the instigator penalty, so what if it happens the guys sitting on the bench should look to take care of the penalty. Now my theory is that if this is done several times then the players like Tootoo and Forsberg will realise the next time something stupid is done that they will get the "justice" paid to them by the blacks and blues and not the blacks and whites something that they themselves wouldn't want.

I think this is a ridiculous post and lame way to link the playing style of two completely different players. Tootoo and Forsberg are so different and to tar them both as 'dirty' players and the call for retribution on them is off putting. Tootoo has made this league based on his borderline dirty play and 'energy' game. He will indeed get his at some point in time. However to link Forsberg's diving to this and suggest it warrant a physical beating is ludicrous. I don't condone Forsberg's embellishment but this guy often takes a huge physical pounding which often isn't called. To suggest beating on this league's best player imo and calling his game dirty is extremely shortsighted.

What this game doesn't need is to impede the play of its skill players. The solution to Forsberg's diving is to call a penalty not to have him jumped by some thug. The game has enough image problems...

Old
02-01-2004, 10:38 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
u tell the fat cats in the NHL office go on, let's see how long it lasts till they throw you out im guessing around 30 seconds.

no i'm sorry but this all relates to things, if you play dirty and YES DIVING IS PLAYING DIRTY SINCE DIVING = CHEATING then you better expect things to be done to you and if the league aint gonna do **** about it then its about time someone did otherwise diving gets completely out of hand. I know this since its taken over the football leagues in europe here, so many players dive even though they get booked they STILL dive.

Old
02-01-2004, 11:20 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Quote:
u tell the fat cats in the NHL office go on, let's see how long it lasts till they throw you out im guessing around 30 seconds.

no i'm sorry but this all relates to things, if you play dirty and YES DIVING IS PLAYING DIRTY SINCE DIVING = CHEATING then you better expect things to be done to you and if the league aint gonna do **** about it then its about time someone did otherwise diving gets completely out of hand. I know this since its taken over the football leagues in europe here, so many players dive even though they get booked they STILL dive.
Still trying to understand your post. Firstly, what exactly do you want me to tell the fat cats in the NHL office?

As far as the rest of your reply, this is what I think you've said...
Diving = playing dirty Diving = cheating ERGO Diving = playing dirty. Then something about European football and diving. Should I conclude Diving = european football? And by your 'solution' to hockey cheaters, following your logic do you recommending soccer cheater be dealt with by enforcers?

Is this what you want to communicate to the fat cats??

Old
02-02-2004, 10:05 AM
rabi_sultan

playing dirty and cheap shots do you agree they stoop to the same level of cheapness brought to the game?

if you can understand that then using an enforcer a few times will "enforce" the fact that if they do it again there will be reprecussions. No european football does not have enforcers in the game, they have referees that tell players off for diving, similar to what you are saying that refs do, i don't honestly see that working since some of the refs are either blind, stupid or dont have the balls to call it on certain players/teams/situations.

does that make it clearer?

Closed Thread