HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

GDT: Kings @ Oilers 8PM

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2004, 05:01 AM
leafaholix*

vCash: 500
I saw the last 9:00 of the game and there were some pretty bad decisions made by the Oilers. Salo with his inability to control the puck, Smyth's attempt to score from his blue line, and all those icings.

PS... Greg Millen can suck my large rooster.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:01 AM
zamboni

For a second, I really thought this team may start to heat up. They fooled me. Good job guys, that was more clever than the Cross/tape prank.

The Oilers have pissed all over their 25th anniversary season. I spit on this team. We all deserve better.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:03 AM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by camboy
Did you all see the look on Kevin Lowe's face as the game ended? I bet Mac T is in his office as we speak. Changes are coming boys and girls.
Good. That's all I have to say. I am speechless. This is sick, just absolute garbage. And L.A. burns the Oilers yet again.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:03 AM
Vomiting Kermit*

I'm not going to throw in the towel yet, but after tonight's display, I'm getting real close to doing so. Un-****ing-believable.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:04 AM
orcatown

Holy Meltdown that was bad. Usually I get the Oilers to root for in the playoffs after the Canucks do the el foldo. Not this year I think. Salo was brutal on the winner. I feel sorry for the guy but you don't paddle the puck back into the slot like that. It's a mystery what happened to him. Never seemed to recover from the Olympic gaffe.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:05 AM
struckmatch

If Mactavish hasn't shown enough of his idiotic coaching to Kevin Lowe by now, then I don't know what it'll take. Young teams need guidance, and they clearly have none. Tommy Salo has just been so inconsistent this season it boggles my mind, I don't think he's been the same since Salt Lake City.

Although now the Flamers are out of a Playoff spot, which is good. They are back where they belong, even if Kipper comes back, he was just a the Flavor Of The Week anyways, hopefully Lowe makes some deals, and improves this team. Fire Mactavish, it is just simply inexcuseable, as well as Craig Simpson who was supposed to help the special teams, but he has made them worse if anything.

Come on Lowe, open your freakin' eyes after this loss, Mactavish has just gone in one ear and out the other with the Players, change would be a good thing, let Huddy run the team for the rest of the season and then get a proven coach in here next year. The Oilers are notorious for being a very young team, and young players need to be taught defensive responsibility, and they clearly haven't been taught that, either that, or the players have just stopped listening to the coaching staff.

Pathetic.

Old
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by camboy
Did you all see the look on Kevin Lowe's face as the game ended? I bet Mac T is in his office as we speak. Changes are coming boys and girls.
i can only pray. this is the type of loss that causes waves, not ripples.

Old
Burke's Evil Spirit

I love how everyone is blaming Salo...I mean, yes, he sucked, and EDM should dump him ASAP, but come on! If Ryan Smyth chips it into the neutral zone instead of shooting for the open net from his blueline like a reckless idiot it's a different game.

Old
zamboni

Hey, great for LA though. They continue to win despite all those key injuries. Massive props to them. I have a soft spot for the Kings after what they've done this season.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:07 AM
zamboni

Good to see Lowe has some composure. If I was him, I would've thrown my water bottle against the glass, and screamed down at the ice.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:09 AM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
TheBrews 2003/04 starting line-up

Smyth-Reasoner-Hemsky......Smyth aint going no where Reasoner a stop gap until sutable replacement found

Torres-York-Dvorak...... great young line only to get better.

Moreau-Stoll-Rita......maybe Pisani or Salmo if Rita not around

?????-Horcoff-Larauqe......Larauqe not going anywhere basicly a toss up

Well maybe a bit early but futures bright

Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni
Hey, great for LA though. They continue to win despite all those key injuries. Massive props to them. I have a soft spot for the Kings after what they've done this season.
Very tough being a Kings fan. The potential of this team will never be realized. I won't count them out if Visnovsky is gone for the season, but he would be tough to replace. He's been playing unbelievable this season and logs close to 30 minutes a game.

We need Miller back quickly. Dave Taylor needs to get another D-man quick. Maybe Jason Smith or Staios?

Old
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
6 minutes for Hemsky, 7 vs. Chicago...I think he's this close to being in the PB again. :mad:
Hemsky plays here still??

Old
02-01-2004, 05:10 AM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni
Me too. I can't help but admire a team that has the drive to get the job done. Hopefully they keep 8th spot and keep Calgary OUT.

Great effort most of the game, L.A. did outmuscle and outhit us. And won. Considering what their lineup has been through it's pretty admirable.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:11 AM
zamboni

Hemsky won't be for long if he keeps getting miss-used like this.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:12 AM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck you
If Mactavish hasn't shown enough of his idiotic coaching to Kevin Lowe by now, then I don't know what it'll take. Young teams need guidance, and they clearly have none. Tommy Salo has just been so inconsistent this season it boggles my mind, I don't think he's been the same since Salt Lake City.

Although now the Flamers are out of a Playoff spot, which is good. They are back where they belong, even if Kipper comes back, he was just a the Flavor Of The Week anyways, hopefully Lowe makes some deals, and improves this team. Fire Mactavish, it is just simply inexcuseable, as well as Craig Simpson who was supposed to help the special teams, but he has made them worse if anything.

Come on Lowe, open your freakin' eyes after this loss, Mactavish has just gone in one ear and out the other with the Players, change would be a good thing, let Huddy run the team for the rest of the season and then get a proven coach in here next year. The Oilers are notorious for being a very young team, and young players need to be taught defensive responsibility, and they clearly haven't been taught that, either that, or the players have just stopped listening to the coaching staff.

Pathetic.
Absolutely *********** agree. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:12 AM
Lowetide

Pitiful. George Burnett pitiful.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:13 AM
zamboni

The future may look bright on paper, but with Mac-T behind the bench a lot of our young players are screwed for icetime.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:14 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
blowing late leads is a hallmark of a young team, but it's the veterans that failed this team tonight.
yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
On the other hand, maybe a loss like this is a blessing in disguise. I believe a loss like this is the crushing kind of defeat that could cause Kevin Lowe to make a move to improve the team, and possibly start to think about a coaching change, if he isn't already.
hopefully so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
I love how everyone is blaming Salo...I mean, yes, he sucked, and EDM should dump him ASAP, but come on! If Ryan Smyth chips it into the neutral zone instead of shooting for the open net from his blueline like a reckless idiot it's a different game.
yup

Old
goldenchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
How about with 2:14, 1:49, 1:20? Stoll and Oates just came off shifts. You going to put Bishai out there?
I guess we will have to agree to disagree because I can't for the life of me see how you have Moreau take that draw.

If Mactavish can't manage his bench well enough to have 2 centers out there in the last 2 mins for faceoffs in his own end then he is just proving his incompetence over and over again. I am sure Stoll could have recouped enough to take a faceoff, if they win it he can go to the bench but you gotta have 2 guys out there in a must win situation.

Old
Oilers Hockey

MacTavish is being interviewed right now on CHED. Talking about how "icing the puck was a good way to protect the lead".

Just fire the guy! NOW!

Old
02-01-2004, 05:15 AM
zamboni

Burnett is sounding really, really good right now...

Old
02-01-2004, 05:15 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Hey Kings fan, how about Staois for Your Coaching staff.

Anyone Know Scotty Bowman's Number????

Old
02-01-2004, 05:17 AM
zamboni

DAMNIT! I can't take anymore of these blatently obvious and/or stupid post-game comments from MacT! My head is going to explode. :mad:

Old
02-01-2004, 05:18 AM
gretzky2kurri

I'm really at the end of my rope with Ryan Smyth.

Invisible for the first 2 periods. Another stupid play.

How bad does this guy want to be an Oiler? Pretty selfish plays lately.

I won't be upset if they send this inconsistant (soon to be re-injured) stiff outta here.

I don't like the way he plays the game away from the goal mouth.

Closed Thread