HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie today

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 07:45 PM
Goil

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Goil
Comrie today

BTW, nice to be back. My power source fried my mother board and I lost everything. back up your files people...

Anyhow, I see today that our friend Mike went -1 against Pittsburgh and had less ice time than Brashear. I know it's only one game out of many, but I can't help but think this whole situation was lose - lose in a major way. The Oilers badly needed his offence, and he will never be the man in Philly. Obvioulsy we will never officially know the reasons behind this trade, but you got to think that Comrie, Winter, and Lowe will all look back at this one and wish they had done things different. As far as I can see, Comrie is no better than Breire and may never be as long as he plays there. I could have been so different here.

Can you say new CBA folks?

Old
01-31-2004, 07:49 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goil
BTW, nice to be back. My power source fried my mother board and I lost everything. back up your files people...

Anyhow, I see today that our friend Mike went -1 against Pittsburgh and had less ice time than Brashear. I know it's only one game out of many, but I can't help but think this whole situation was lose - lose in a major way. The Oilers badly needed his offence, and he will never be the man in Philly. Obvioulsy we will never officially know the reasons behind this trade, but you got to think that Comrie, Winter, and Lowe will all look back at this one and wish they had done things different. As far as I can see, Comrie is no better than Breire and may never be as long as he plays there. I could have been so different here.

Can you say new CBA folks?
Welcome back. The way the season has gone I hope the power source had the manners to fry your tv too so that you haven't had to watch the Oilers play either.

Old
01-31-2004, 08:23 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
Welcome back. The way the season has gone I hope the power source had the manners to fry your tv too so that you haven't had to watch the Oilers play either.

Old
01-31-2004, 08:44 PM
Lowetide

Welcome back Goil. You missed a long and fun Winnipeg post I was dying for you to say something in. It's somewhere in the carnage.

Old
01-31-2004, 10:11 PM
ZIM

vCash:
Comrie may have been -1 and he did play less than Brashear. On the other hand the Flyers won, they lead their division, he's playing with JR and Gagne (I wonder what line that would be if they played for the Oilers, anyone think the first line?) and although he isn't the man he also won't be one of the first on the golf course after the regular season.

Since Comrie isn't used on the penalty kill his minutes were down today. Including today his production of .5 ppg is less than his career average but would be good for 5th on the Oilers.

People here may not like the way he left the Oilers but we sure would have been better off had Lowe figured out a way to solve what by my reckoning was a simple misunderstanding.

Old
01-31-2004, 10:21 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

we should retire Paul Comrie's jersey next year, just to piss of his brother.

Old
01-31-2004, 10:37 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goil
, and he will never be the man in Philly.
NO WAY MAN! COMRIE WILL BE A BIG FISH IN A BIG POND!

Old
01-31-2004, 10:49 PM
Jim_Harnock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
NO WAY MAN! COMRIE WILL BE A BIG FISH IN A BIG POND!

Comrie is a guppy no matter where he plays -- I think you have to reach a certain size before you can be classified a fish.

Closed Thread