HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins @ Habs - 2:00 - Jan 31/04

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 02:28 PM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Bruins @ Habs - 2:00 - Jan 31/04

vs.

Probable Goalies: Andrew Raycroft vs. Jose Theodore.

&

Time: 2:00 ET
Date: Jan. 31/04
TV: RDS
Radio: CJAD 800, Post-game Team-990

Habs Photos
Player Stats
Game Day Preview
Analysis of the Bruins

Probable Habs Lineup:

The colours signify offensive production as of late; orange being hot, and blue being cold.

38 -- 11 -- 73
20 -- 71 -- 26
37 -- 90 -- 17
25 -- 94 -- 15

44 -- 05
51 -- 43
79 -- 52

Probable Scratches:

08 (healthy), 24 (knee), 46 (concussion), 76 (healthy)

Key Matchup:

vs.

Bergeron = Nordique Fan, Ryder = Calder.

Players to Watch:

<B>#22 Begin</B> - Stay healthy this time!

<B>#44 Souray</B> - Some offence please.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:29 PM
oli500

Habs win 4-2.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:32 PM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
it will be 5-3 for the bruins

Old
01-31-2004, 02:35 PM
gohabsgo2010

2002 Bruins fans, 2002.

Just like old times.

Let the game begin.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:36 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts

Key Matchup:

vs.

Bergeron = Nordique Fan, Ryder = Calder.

Old
01-31-2004, 03:46 PM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
3 - 1 habs

we turned a corner and will begin winning again. big game for souray offensively, too many posts, something gotta go in

Old
01-31-2004, 03:55 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

"Bergeron = Nordique Fan, Ryder = Calder."
Bergeron was in fact a Nordiques fans but Ryder as it stands, is not the Calder winner. He has at least two guys way in front of him: Andrew Raycroft and Trent Hunter. As of now, he is at best 3rd in the race... You can still dream. Everybody has the right to dream... But on earth in the reality, it will be Raycroft's award!!! He has better stats than Théo and people talk about Théo for the Vezina so where that put Raycroft?? A calder winner and a Vezina finalist???

Boston 4 to 1!!!

Old
01-31-2004, 04:24 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
jl love how you have Langdon on fire, that "beautiful" play he made on Brisebois's goal is the start of something great! Maybe he can score one today

As for the game....IMO this is the biggest game so far this season. With the B's holding down 6th spot, we are only 3 points back with the same number of games played. SO this is definately a 4 pointer. If you can't get into the top 4 in the conference then I think that 6th is the next best spot because no matter who wins the Southeast they will be the weakest team of the top 4. Lets hope our boys can rise to the occasion. I predict a big game from Theo, Ryder and Sunny...oh and of course Langdon with his first of the year

Old
01-31-2004, 04:43 PM
rulin

Hello, fellow Habs fans! This is my first time posting here (on the Habs forum), as I've just joined yesterday. I've been lurking around here for a while, and you guys seem like a great bunch of people who know their hockey. Hopefully some of that hockey knowledge will rub off on me! I also hope frequenting here will help my French:p (I'm in my second year of French Immersion).

Anyway, this is a big game. We're three points behind Boston, so this is definitely a big four pointer. I'll say 3-1 Habs. Another spectacular game by Théo!

Old
01-31-2004, 04:53 PM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Must win.

3-1 Habs.

Let's hope Theodore will have a strong game!

Old
01-31-2004, 04:54 PM
PrairieHabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Habber
Hello, fellow Habs fans! This is my first time posting here (on the Habs forum), as I've just joined yesterday. I've been lurking around here for a while, and you guys seem like a great bunch of people who know their hockey. Hopefully some of that hockey knowledge will rub off on me! I also hope frequenting here will help my French:p (I'm in my second year of French Immersion).

Anyway, this is a big game. We're three points behind Boston, so this is definitely a big four pointer. I'll say 3-1 Habs. Another spectacular game by Théo!
Welcome aboard (to the new person with the similiar name). Hope you enjoy posting here.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
Bergeron was in fact a Nordiques fans but Ryder as it stands, is not the Calder winner. He has at least two guys way in front of him: Andrew Raycroft and Trent Hunter. As of now, he is at best 3rd in the race... You can still dream. Everybody has the right to dream... But on earth in the reality, it will be Raycroft's award!!! He has better stats than Théo and people talk about Théo for the Vezina so where that put Raycroft?? A calder winner and a Vezina finalist???

Boston 4 to 1!!!

We'll see just how good Raycroft is today! To be quite honest I haven't seen him play very much at all and thus I'm in no position to make a judgement on how he stacks up against Ryder for the calder trophy. By the way, how much have you seen Ryder play?? Ryder is proving to be a very multi-dimensional player...He has an awesome shot with a lightning quick release ala Brett Hull. He creates many scoring chances in just about every game, both for himself and his team mates. He is an excellent passer, especially down low; has great vision; has a great nose for the net; is extremely strong in the corners; deals out some punishing bodychecks on a fairly consistent basis; plays the system extremely well; has a love for the game; and last but by no means least, has a relentless work ethic, game in and game out. Also, I might add it seems like he gets better with each passing game, which is proof in the pudding for my comments. Further proof lies in the fact that he's second in total scoring on the team. And finally, you will be hard pressed to fine anyone in Montreal who doesn't agree that he's one of the main reasons why this team has turned it around this season. Personally, I have no idea if he'll win the Calder but (given he stays healthy, of course) I can pretty much gaurantee that he'll be on the final ballot, and that it will take someone with one hell of a second half to beat him.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:05 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Is the game on SRC today? I see the SRC is showing snowboarding or something at that time.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:07 PM
penopekoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
Is the game on SRC today? I see the SRC is showing snowboarding or something at that time.
Apparently, it's only on RDS. Which is ridiculous.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:08 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Habber
Hello, fellow Habs fans!
Bonjour, Proud Habber!

Well, Boston has played much better since the addition of Slegr (way to go Burke) and Thornton is back...I say 2-2, a respectable game by both.

This should be great theo vs Raycroft, bergeron vs Ryder.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:12 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
it will be 4-1 for the bruins

Old
01-31-2004, 05:15 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41

Boston 4 to 1!!!
Better to be a loyalist than a realist?

Bergeron will slice into Raycroft's Calder vote in New England, leaving Ryder, Hunter, and Pitkanen as the finalists. As for the Vézina, get serious, man!

Old
01-31-2004, 05:15 PM
swiftsure1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
it will be 4-1 for the bruins
I think not...after the game in Minny...the biys might have a little jump, i am gonna say the opposite...4-1 HABS

Old
01-31-2004, 05:16 PM
Dynasty

It just occurred to me that Ryder has been simply outstanding in day games! Let's hope the trend continues as we also have a day game again tomorrow!

Old
01-31-2004, 05:34 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
We'll see just how good Raycroft is today! To be quite honest I haven't seen him play very much at all and thus I'm in no position to make a judgement on how he stacks up against Ryder for the calder trophy. By the way, how much have you seen Ryder play?? Ryder is proving to be a very multi-dimensional player...He has an awesome shot with a lightning quick release ala Brett Hull. He creates many scoring chances in just about every game, both for himself and his team mates. He is an excellent passer, especially down low; has great vision; has a great nose for the net; is extremely strong in the corners; deals out some punishing bodychecks on a fairly consistent basis; plays the system extremely well; has a love for the game; and last but by no means least, has a relentless work ethic, game in and game out. Also, I might add it seems like he gets better with each passing game, which is proof in the pudding for my comments. Further proof lies in the fact that he's second in total scoring on the team. And finally, you will be hard pressed to fine anyone in Montreal who doesn't agree that he's one of the main reasons why this team has turned it around this season. Personally, I have no idea if he'll win the Calder but (given he stays healthy, of course) I can pretty much gaurantee that he'll be on the final ballot, and that it will take someone with one hell of a second half to beat him.
I've seen a lot of Ryder this year cause living in hab land and not having CI, sometimes i don't have the choice but to watch the Habs if i want to watch some hockey...

Ryder may be 2nd in his team scoring but Hunter is first scorer of his team, lead rookies for goals and winning goals in less games than Ryder and Raycroft has better stats than Théo and he's the reason why the Bruins have so many points cause the offense is not working as much as it should. Raycroft has the edge on Hunter right now and Ryder/Pitkanen/Bergeron will be the third one on the ballot...

As for the game, good luck... You'll need plenty...

Old
01-31-2004, 05:37 PM
gohabsgo2010

Those Booins fans are a little cocky over there.

LET'S GO HABS, LET'S GO!
LET'S GO HABS, LET'S GO!

GET THOSE BRUINS READY FOR SOME ZEDNIFICATION AND SOME RYDERIZATION.

Old
01-31-2004, 05:54 PM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
RYDERIZATION.
Another beauty!

Old
01-31-2004, 06:09 PM
RE-HABS

About to watch the game on RDS, GO HABS!

F@#% the CBC let them have their snowboarding and Bowling instead!

Old
01-31-2004, 06:10 PM
TroyM

Alright, game's on I'll say 3-2 Habs

Old
01-31-2004, 06:12 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
Game time, stuck at work :/ but at least I have Dino and Murray to get me through the game....Bulis to the box for goalie interference

Closed Thread