HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins @ Habs - 2:00 - Jan 31/04

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2004, 02:28 PM
  #1
gohabsgo2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: sign Patrick Poulin
Posts: 2,619
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Bruins @ Habs - 2:00 - Jan 31/04

vs.

*

Probable Goalies: Andrew Raycroft vs. Jose Theodore.

&

*

Time: 2:00 ET
Date: Jan. 31/04
TV: RDS
Radio: CJAD 800, Post-game Team-990

Habs Photos
Player Stats
Game Day Preview
Analysis of the Bruins

*

Probable Habs Lineup:

The colours signify offensive production as of late; orange being hot, and blue being cold.

38 -- 11 -- 73
20 -- 71 -- 26
37 -- 90 -- 17
25 -- 94 -- 15

44 -- 05
51 -- 43
79 -- 52


*

Probable Scratches:

08 (healthy), 24 (knee), 46 (concussion), 76 (healthy)

Key Matchup:

vs.

Bergeron = Nordique Fan, Ryder = Calder.

*

Players to Watch:



<B>#22 Begin</B> - Stay healthy this time!



<B>#44 Souray</B> - Some offence please.

gohabsgo2010 is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 02:29 PM
  #2
oli500
Registered User
 
oli500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
Habs win 4-2.

oli500 is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 02:32 PM
  #3
prabak11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: montreal
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
it will be 5-3 for the bruins

prabak11 is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 02:35 PM
  #4
gohabsgo2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: sign Patrick Poulin
Posts: 2,619
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010


2002 Bruins fans, 2002.

*



Just like old times.

*



Let the game begin.

*

gohabsgo2010 is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 02:36 PM
  #5
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,957
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts

Key Matchup:

vs.

Bergeron = Nordique Fan, Ryder = Calder.



Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 03:46 PM
  #6
EquabaleAce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
3 - 1 habs

we turned a corner and will begin winning again. big game for souray offensively, too many posts, something gotta go in

EquabaleAce is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 03:55 PM
  #7
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF
 
Jean_Jacket41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: With the smurfs
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,222
vCash: 500
"Bergeron = Nordique Fan, Ryder = Calder."
Bergeron was in fact a Nordiques fans but Ryder as it stands, is not the Calder winner. He has at least two guys way in front of him: Andrew Raycroft and Trent Hunter. As of now, he is at best 3rd in the race... You can still dream. Everybody has the right to dream... But on earth in the reality, it will be Raycroft's award!!! He has better stats than Théo and people talk about Théo for the Vezina so where that put Raycroft?? A calder winner and a Vezina finalist???

Boston 4 to 1!!!

Jean_Jacket41 is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 04:24 PM
  #8
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,026
vCash: 1484
jl love how you have Langdon on fire, that "beautiful" play he made on Brisebois's goal is the start of something great! Maybe he can score one today

As for the game....IMO this is the biggest game so far this season. With the B's holding down 6th spot, we are only 3 points back with the same number of games played. SO this is definately a 4 pointer. If you can't get into the top 4 in the conference then I think that 6th is the next best spot because no matter who wins the Southeast they will be the weakest team of the top 4. Lets hope our boys can rise to the occasion. I predict a big game from Theo, Ryder and Sunny...oh and of course Langdon with his first of the year

Tuggy is online now  
Old
01-31-2004, 04:43 PM
  #9
rulin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 500
Hello, fellow Habs fans! This is my first time posting here (on the Habs forum), as I've just joined yesterday. I've been lurking around here for a while, and you guys seem like a great bunch of people who know their hockey. Hopefully some of that hockey knowledge will rub off on me! I also hope frequenting here will help my French:p (I'm in my second year of French Immersion).

Anyway, this is a big game. We're three points behind Boston, so this is definitely a big four pointer. I'll say 3-1 Habs. Another spectacular game by Théo!

rulin is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 04:53 PM
  #10
Histrion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Must win.

3-1 Habs.

Let's hope Theodore will have a strong game!

Histrion is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 04:54 PM
  #11
PrairieHabber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Habber
Hello, fellow Habs fans! This is my first time posting here (on the Habs forum), as I've just joined yesterday. I've been lurking around here for a while, and you guys seem like a great bunch of people who know their hockey. Hopefully some of that hockey knowledge will rub off on me! I also hope frequenting here will help my French:p (I'm in my second year of French Immersion).

Anyway, this is a big game. We're three points behind Boston, so this is definitely a big four pointer. I'll say 3-1 Habs. Another spectacular game by Théo!
Welcome aboard (to the new person with the similiar name). Hope you enjoy posting here.

PrairieHabber is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 05:00 PM
  #12
Dynasty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
"Bergeron = Nordique Fan, Ryder = Calder."
Bergeron was in fact a Nordiques fans but Ryder as it stands, is not the Calder winner. He has at least two guys way in front of him: Andrew Raycroft and Trent Hunter. As of now, he is at best 3rd in the race... You can still dream. Everybody has the right to dream... But on earth in the reality, it will be Raycroft's award!!! He has better stats than Théo and people talk about Théo for the Vezina so where that put Raycroft?? A calder winner and a Vezina finalist???

Boston 4 to 1!!!

We'll see just how good Raycroft is today! To be quite honest I haven't seen him play very much at all and thus I'm in no position to make a judgement on how he stacks up against Ryder for the calder trophy. By the way, how much have you seen Ryder play?? Ryder is proving to be a very multi-dimensional player...He has an awesome shot with a lightning quick release ala Brett Hull. He creates many scoring chances in just about every game, both for himself and his team mates. He is an excellent passer, especially down low; has great vision; has a great nose for the net; is extremely strong in the corners; deals out some punishing bodychecks on a fairly consistent basis; plays the system extremely well; has a love for the game; and last but by no means least, has a relentless work ethic, game in and game out. Also, I might add it seems like he gets better with each passing game, which is proof in the pudding for my comments. Further proof lies in the fact that he's second in total scoring on the team. And finally, you will be hard pressed to fine anyone in Montreal who doesn't agree that he's one of the main reasons why this team has turned it around this season. Personally, I have no idea if he'll win the Calder but (given he stays healthy, of course) I can pretty much gaurantee that he'll be on the final ballot, and that it will take someone with one hell of a second half to beat him.

Dynasty is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 05:05 PM
  #13
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK
 
Tricolore#20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,229
vCash: 500
Is the game on SRC today? I see the SRC is showing snowboarding or something at that time.

Tricolore#20 is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 05:07 PM
  #14
penopekoo
Registered User
 
penopekoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
Is the game on SRC today? I see the SRC is showing snowboarding or something at that time.
Apparently, it's only on RDS. Which is ridiculous.

penopekoo is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 05:08 PM
  #15
chicpea*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Habber
Hello, fellow Habs fans!
Bonjour, Proud Habber!

Well, Boston has played much better since the addition of Slegr (way to go Burke) and Thornton is back...I say 2-2, a respectable game by both.

This should be great theo vs Raycroft, bergeron vs Ryder.

chicpea* is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 05:12 PM
  #16
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,432
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
it will be 4-1 for the bruins

Malakhov is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 05:15 PM
  #17
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
"Bergeron = Nordique Fan, Ryder = Calder."
Bergeron was in fact a Nordiques fans but Ryder as it stands, is not the Calder winner. He has at least two guys way in front of him: Andrew Raycroft and Trent Hunter. As of now, he is at best 3rd in the race... You can still dream. Everybody has the right to dream... But on earth in the reality, it will be Raycroft's award!!! He has better stats than Théo and people talk about Théo for the Vezina so where that put Raycroft?? A calder winner and a Vezina finalist???

Boston 4 to 1!!!
Better to be a loyalist than a realist?

Bergeron will slice into Raycroft's Calder vote in New England, leaving Ryder, Hunter, and Pitkanen as the finalists. As for the Vézina, get serious, man!

Corey is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 05:15 PM
  #18
swiftsure1786
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
it will be 4-1 for the bruins
I think not...after the game in Minny...the biys might have a little jump, i am gonna say the opposite...4-1 HABS

swiftsure1786 is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 05:16 PM
  #19
Dynasty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,010
vCash: 500
It just occurred to me that Ryder has been simply outstanding in day games! Let's hope the trend continues as we also have a day game again tomorrow!

Dynasty is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 05:34 PM
  #20
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF
 
Jean_Jacket41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: With the smurfs
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
We'll see just how good Raycroft is today! To be quite honest I haven't seen him play very much at all and thus I'm in no position to make a judgement on how he stacks up against Ryder for the calder trophy. By the way, how much have you seen Ryder play?? Ryder is proving to be a very multi-dimensional player...He has an awesome shot with a lightning quick release ala Brett Hull. He creates many scoring chances in just about every game, both for himself and his team mates. He is an excellent passer, especially down low; has great vision; has a great nose for the net; is extremely strong in the corners; deals out some punishing bodychecks on a fairly consistent basis; plays the system extremely well; has a love for the game; and last but by no means least, has a relentless work ethic, game in and game out. Also, I might add it seems like he gets better with each passing game, which is proof in the pudding for my comments. Further proof lies in the fact that he's second in total scoring on the team. And finally, you will be hard pressed to fine anyone in Montreal who doesn't agree that he's one of the main reasons why this team has turned it around this season. Personally, I have no idea if he'll win the Calder but (given he stays healthy, of course) I can pretty much gaurantee that he'll be on the final ballot, and that it will take someone with one hell of a second half to beat him.
I've seen a lot of Ryder this year cause living in hab land and not having CI, sometimes i don't have the choice but to watch the Habs if i want to watch some hockey...

Ryder may be 2nd in his team scoring but Hunter is first scorer of his team, lead rookies for goals and winning goals in less games than Ryder and Raycroft has better stats than Théo and he's the reason why the Bruins have so many points cause the offense is not working as much as it should. Raycroft has the edge on Hunter right now and Ryder/Pitkanen/Bergeron will be the third one on the ballot...

As for the game, good luck... You'll need plenty...

Jean_Jacket41 is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 05:37 PM
  #21
gohabsgo2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: sign Patrick Poulin
Posts: 2,619
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Those Booins fans are a little cocky over there.

LET'S GO HABS, LET'S GO!
LET'S GO HABS, LET'S GO!


GET THOSE BRUINS READY FOR SOME ZEDNIFICATION AND SOME RYDERIZATION.


gohabsgo2010 is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 05:54 PM
  #22
Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask.
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
RYDERIZATION.
Another beauty!

Habber is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 06:09 PM
  #23
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
About to watch the game on RDS, GO HABS!

F@#% the CBC let them have their snowboarding and Bowling instead!

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 06:10 PM
  #24
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
Alright, game's on I'll say 3-2 Habs

TroyM is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 06:12 PM
  #25
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,026
vCash: 1484
Game time, stuck at work :/ but at least I have Dino and Murray to get me through the game....Bulis to the box for goalie interference

Tuggy is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.