HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Done

Old
02-26-2008, 03:37 PM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
If i read that correctly, and if Moran was accurate, the Islanders wanted Carter for Fedotenko?

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 03:50 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

I suspect the Flyers goal for this year is to make the playoffs, compete hard in the first round, and go from there. I figure that they figure they are now positioned to accomplish that. Even after the recent terrible slide they are only 3 points out of a 6 seed. They wait for Lupul to come back for the last 12-15 games, Richards for the last 10-12, ditto Hatcher, Prospal added, and they make their stretch run. A couple guys or lines get hot and they go deep. If not, then not.

Whatever the case since they declined to mortgage future for now at this deadline, they come back next year with Briere Carter Richards Lupul Downie Hartnell Timonen Coburn Umberger Parent Gagne Giroux (perhaps) Jones (perhaps) and they take a nice shot at it.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 03:54 PM
TheePlaymaker12

Send a message via AIM to TheePlaymaker12
all i have to say is thank god carter is still here especially after last night SIGN HIM NOW!!! even if it means umberger doesn't stay even though i like him a lot to.

TheePlaymaker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 03:59 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
I suspect the Flyers goal for this year is to make the playoffs, compete hard in the first round, and go from there. I figure that they figure they are now positioned to accomplish that. Even after the recent terrible slide they are only 3 points out of a 6 seed. They wait for Lupul to come back for the last 12-15 games, Richards for the last 10-12, ditto Hatcher, Prospal added, and they make their stretch run. A couple guys or lines get hot and they go deep. If not, then not.

Whatever the case since they declined to mortgage future for now at this deadline, they come back next year with Briere Carter Richards Lupul Downie Hartnell Timonen Coburn Umberger Parent Gagne Giroux (perhaps) Jones (perhaps) and they take a nice shot at it.
They didn't give up Picard and a pick for Prospal if they weren't trying to win. The saving grace for this team that the if the Flyers get healthy, they can get hot and that's how you are able to go deep.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 04:03 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
If i read that correctly, and if Moran was accurate, the Islanders wanted Carter for Fedotenko?
maybe bergeron too, but still...

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 04:05 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
They didn't give up Picard and a pick for Prospal if they weren't trying to win. The saving grace for this team that the if the Flyers get healthy, they can get hot and that's how you are able to go deep.
Indeed.

I am saying that they have a pragmatic goal - get to the tourney and let the young fellas taste it. They think they can do that as currently constructed and that is why they didn't trade youth for Hossa or Campbell or someone else that would have made them more likely to win big this year but less likely next year.

I'm just opining that in response to the notion that they didn't get started today, didn't make the big move. I think they have their goal and I think they think it is in reach.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
I wouldn't even trade Upshall for him.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 04:54 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

You know what, the Flyers did alright. They didn't sell the farm, they didn't deal a first round pick, and they picked up a goal scorer - something Briere needs. And, he's not very expensive. I feel kind of bad for Picard, but something stagnated his development. Oskars Bartulis and Mike Ratchuk I guess have passed him.

Call me in the minority, but I think Prospal resigns with us in the offseason. I'm thinking maybe a 2 or 3 year deal. I could live with that because he would effectively replace Knuble on the top line.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 04:57 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Picard is what he is, I said all season that the Flyers always draw the line somewhere. If Holmgren thought Picard had a future on this team he would have kept him. What I am surprised with is that Potulny and Ruzicka are both still here.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote