HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In the ECHL

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 11:24 PM
penopekoo

vCash: 500
In the ECHL

Marc-Andre Thinel is currently experiencing his best season yet in the ECHL. Last night he scored two goals, in fact.

He's third on his team (Columbus) in scoring with 30 points in 35 games, 12 of them goals. The first and second place scorers have played 48 and 46 games, respectively. I find this particularly impressive - I wonder if he'll convince management to resign him this year. Another RW in Hamilton might be of good use, I could see him being called up later this season. From what I recall, he has a skating problem, though?

A note on Thinel: he's -3, which is pretty soggy but I believe is quite an improvement from earlier in the season, can anyone clarify this?

Christian Larrivee, fresh from the QMJHL, has 24 points in 18 games, which isn't awful, though his horrid -12 is considerably worrying. I don't know if Montreal needs to sign him on the offseason, but at this rate he's going to need a very improved second half.

Defenseman Matt Shasby has 14 points in 47 games, along with 22 PIM and a -1. Not bad for a rookie D-man - I wonder if he could replace Traverse in Hamilton?

Jerome Marois has 10 points (3 of them goals) in 19 games with the struggling Long Beach Ice Dogs. A -3 is, miraculously, one of the best plus/minus ratings on the team. He's a longshot, and I think he is (or was) injured, but we'll have to keep an eye on him as he's another one of those players who is going to need to be re-signed this summer.

Old
02-01-2004, 12:38 AM
electric

vCash: 500
I think Ryder had proved us that any prospect can explode at any given time, even an ECHLer

You never know. I hope the team stays patient with all of the young players... who knows where we can find another Ryder. Personally, I like Milroy a lot... let's see what he can turn into.

Closed Thread